VERY LOW LSAT score on 09/2009 test. Please help..... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mespinosa

New

VERY LOW LSAT score on 09/2009 test. Please help.....

Post by mespinosa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I scored a 142 on the September 2009 Lsat, had a horrible experience and just did not perform to nearly the best of my ability. I took a prep course at USD and my practice tests score were around the 156 range, and I really did not put enough time and effort into preparing for the test. Test day was a mess, the power shut off two time in the class room and I just flat out did not perform. I should have canceled but I didn't. Now, I am completely dedicated and I am planning on taking the June or October LSAT once again. Can anyone give me advice as to whats the best methods to self prep or a better test prep course to take. Also, with a score of 142 will schools in Southern California take my better retake score or am I screwed with an average score of the two. Oh by the way, I have a 3.8 GPA from SDSU, graduated in 12/2009, 1 year experience working for the State of CA and hope to attend USD, Calwestern, UC Davis, UCLA, or Thomas Jefferson. Please help me out, let me know your opinions. Thank you.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: VERY LOW LSAT score on 09/2009 test. Please help.....

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Most law schools take the higher or highest reported LSAT score.

Consider enrolling in a LSAT prep course such as Test Masters, Power Score, Princeton Review among others.

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:58 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Most law schools take the higher or highest reported LSAT score.

Consider enrolling in a LSAT prep course such as Test Masters, Power Score, Princeton Review among others.
FTFY ^_^

ams

New

Post by ams » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 pm

I'd say if you were PTing around 156 you are probably capable of self studying from this point on. I generally think that test prep companies are not a good use of money for most people. With the money you saved you could even spend some time with an individual tutor who is helping only you, not a huge class. There is tons of advice on TLS on how to self study. Start studying at least 3 months before the test and dedicate 2-4 hours to LSAT prep on most days. Sounds like you had a horrible test center experience, and although you should have canceled, you can't change that now, so don't worry about it. Just forge ahead.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Just make time for yourself and do as many of the real LSAT preptests as possible, redo them, and redo them again -- this will help you figure out your mistakes on your own and get yourself accustomed to the patterns that appear on the LSAT. Also please, please don't go to Thomas Jefferson or Southwestern -- the only law schools worth going to in SoCal are UCLA, USC, UC Davis, and maybe Loyola.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”