Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

secretad
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby secretad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 pm

I appreciate all of the help I have received from this forum this far. What a tremendous tool to have.

I have the LR and LG Bibles and I am wanting to purchase the official preptests produced by the LSAC.

I have read so many threads and stickies concerning this topic, so I make this thread with research in my past.

I realize that while it is important to take as many practice tests as one can do, it is also important to not neglect taking the most recent administrations of the test, usually the last ten I have read on here.

Money is tight for me but I also do not want to let a relatively small amount of money hinder me from the best possible prep for myself.

Would you guys recommend that I buy the official 3 big books that comprise the first 38 preptests in a bundle on amazon for 58 bucks and then go after certain preptests after that? And if so, which prep tests would you choose?

There are over 20 out there I believe, and an extra 160 dollars on that end just is not going to happen financially for me right now.

Thanks

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I bought the 3 "10 actual" books from Amazon used. Two of them came in perfect-like new conditions, the first one had answers marked on it but I put black tape over it and used a sheet.
As for the rest of the preptest, you can buy 4 in Amazon for the price of 3 and they are available for free shipping so for 4 preptest is 24$. You can buy 4 preptests each week if money is an issue. Spreading it like that doesn't sound as bad. Plus you can get preptest 58 for free.
The preptests are worth the investment.
Good luck!

secretad
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby secretad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks so much for the response. Can you please post the amazon link for the four tests for the price of three. Do you think I could adequately erase the previously used preptests to make copies of them for later retaking?

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 pm

secretad wrote:Thanks so much for the response. Can you please post the amazon link for the four tests for the price of three. Do you think I could adequately erase the previously used preptests to make copies of them for later retaking?

When you go to amazon.com search for lsat preptest 60 (for example) the new one for $8 will have: Special Offers and Product Promotions
This item is eligible for our 4-for-3 promotion
. Add it to your cart.
Do the same thing for the other 3 preptests you are buying and when you are checking out the total will be reduced from the original $8*4=$32 to $24 if you chose the free shipping option.
As for being able to erase the answers in the previously used ones I don't know how "used" the one you get will be. The first one of the "10 actual" book I bought was marked but I put black tape on top of the answers (the letters so I couldn't tell which one the previous owner had chosen). I used it for drilling specific questions on LR and I did all the games. Luckly the other two were in excellent conditions and had no marks at all.
It's not advisable to be cheap when buying prep material but I couldn't resist the prices. The marked one was $10 and the other two were $16/each. I bought the PS bibles that way too. LG was $26 (and it had no marks or anything at all) and the LR was $18 and was in acceptable conditions.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby Paraflam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 am

Just throwing it out there that a Google search for "LSAT torrents" will yield torrents with PDFs of every PT that exists. For free.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:19 am

secretad wrote:Thanks so much for the response. Can you please post the amazon link for the four tests for the price of three. Do you think I could adequately erase the previously used preptests to make copies of them for later retaking?


Here's a list of all released LSAT PrepTests.

That'd be a lot of erasing, and it'd be tough to get it all out. Best to buy brand-new copies or used copies where the person wrote on a separate sheet of paper.

Or, if you're just looking to do them as untimed practice, you could circle all answer choices so it's difficult to tell what the previous person chose. That's still a lot of work, though.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby Jeffort » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 am

Paraflam wrote:Just throwing it out there that a Google search for "LSAT torrents" will yield torrents with PDFs of every PT that exists. For free.


Yeah, but that would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1Umj6hxMw& and lawyers are supposed to obey and uphold the law.

polevaulter
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby polevaulter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 pm

secretad wrote:I appreciate all of the help I have received from this forum this far. What a tremendous tool to have.

I have the LR and LG Bibles and I am wanting to purchase the official preptests produced by the LSAC.

I have read so many threads and stickies concerning this topic, so I make this thread with research in my past.

I realize that while it is important to take as many practice tests as one can do, it is also important to not neglect taking the most recent administrations of the test, usually the last ten I have read on here.

Money is tight for me but I also do not want to let a relatively small amount of money hinder me from the best possible prep for myself.

Would you guys recommend that I buy the official 3 big books that comprise the first 38 preptests in a bundle on amazon for 58 bucks and then go after certain preptests after that? And if so, which prep tests would you choose?

There are over 20 out there I believe, and an extra 160 dollars on that end just is not going to happen financially for me right now.

Thanks


Buy all your prep materials from Amazon.com--they give free shipping on orders over $25.00 and they also don't tax you.

polevaulter
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Re: Purchasing Official LSAT PrepTests from the LSAC

Postby polevaulter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
secretad wrote:Thanks so much for the response. Can you please post the amazon link for the four tests for the price of three. Do you think I could adequately erase the previously used preptests to make copies of them for later retaking?


Here's a list of all released LSAT PrepTests.

That'd be a lot of erasing, and it'd be tough to get it all out. Best to buy brand-new copies or used copies where the person wrote on a separate sheet of paper.

Or, if you're just looking to do them as untimed practice, you could circle all answer choices so it's difficult to tell what the previous person chose. That's still a lot of work, though.


P.S. Listen to Steve and get ALL of the books he suggests. His site has a lot of good stuff on it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace, Bing [Bot], galeatus, jagerbom79, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests