What should I use for more studying (done with the 30 PTs)

dihydrogenmonoxide

What should I use for more studying (done with the 30 PTs)

Postby dihydrogenmonoxide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm taking a year so that I can retake, up my 169. My PT average was about 177 when I took the test but I bombed it.

Just to stay sharp I want to continue studying for June LSAT, but I've finished all 3 of the "10 actual official..." books.

Obviously the 20 other PTs that you can buy individually would be good, but if there are good options that won't set be back $160 I'd like those even more...

Are the games in the PowerScore LG Bible the ones that are in the PTs that I've taken? Because then their usefulness would be pretty low. It says in the Amazon description that they are from real LSATs, so I'm worried that I'd be buying a book full of LGs I've already done.

Other ideas? My main goal is to just stay sharp in all sections, especially LGs.

EDIT: Also, I *will* reuse the PTs I've taken, just looking for other additional ideas.

bhan87

Re: What should I use for more studying (done with the 30 PTs)

Postby bhan87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:11 pm

dihydrogenmonoxide wrote:I'm taking a year so that I can retake, up my 169. My PT average was about 177 when I took the test but I bombed it.

Just to stay sharp I want to continue studying for June LSAT, but I've finished all 3 of the "10 actual official..." books.

Obviously the 20 other PTs that you can buy individually would be good, but if there are good options that won't set be back $160 I'd like those even more...

Are the games in the PowerScore LG Bible the ones that are in the PTs that I've taken? Because then their usefulness would be pretty low. It says in the Amazon description that they are from real LSATs, so I'm worried that I'd be buying a book full of LGs I've already done.

Other ideas? My main goal is to just stay sharp in all sections, especially LGs.

A 177 average from the 10 Actual series =/= 177 average on the new tests... I strongly suspect you went into your test with false expectations, resulting in a much lower score.

Go to cambridgelsat.com . They sell the recent tests in bundles that save you some $
Last edited by bhan87 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arelikefoxes

Postby Arelikefoxes » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 pm

I found going back and retaking all the questions that I missed from those past tests (or else retaking the tests I did worst on) was extremely valuable. That way, you make sure you are not repeating the same mistakes, and that you actually learn from them.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Arelikefoxes wrote:I found going back and retaking all the questions that I missed from those past tests (or else retaking the tests I did worst on) was extremely valuable. That way, you make sure you are not repeating the same mistakes, and that you actually learn from them.

+1. You really need to read Pithypike's guide before you dismiss redoing games. Far from being harmful to your study, it actually is vital to mastering the LG section

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 pm

bhan87 wrote:
dihydrogenmonoxide wrote:I'm taking a year so that I can retake, up my 169. My PT average was about 177 when I took the test but I bombed it.

A 177 average from the 10 Actual series =/= 177 average on the new tests... I strongly suspect you went into your test with false expectations, resulting in a much lower score.
Go to cambridgelsat.com . They sell the recent tests in bundles that save you some $

+1
Investing the money on the recent PTs is vital if you are self-studying. At least get as many as you can afford. Reusing the older ones is important as well but you need the newer material.
i don't think the bibles offer enough questions and excercises to study with, they use questions from different LSATS, some of the older ones you did on the 3 -10 books and the newr ones.

dihydrogenmonoxide

Postby dihydrogenmonoxide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:06 pm

bhan87 wrote:Go to cambridgelsat.com . They sell the recent tests in bundles that save you some $

Will do... thanks!

bhan87 wrote:+1. You really need to read Pithypike's guide before you dismiss redoing games. Far from being harmful to your study, it actually is vital to mastering the LG section

I'm not dismissing redoing games, I was just worrying that if I bought the LG Bible I'd be buying games that I already have (and thus can already redo).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”