Test June and plan on re-take?

cityandcolour

Test June and plan on re-take?

Postby cityandcolour » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I began my studying for the June test last week, and it feels like everyone universally scores higher on the retake. Should I study my ass off for June, then use that as an indicator for further studying for the October test? I'll still be early for admissions even if I use the October score correct?

99.9luft

Re: Test June and plan on re-take?

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:53 pm

cityandcolour wrote:I began my studying for the June test last week, and it feels like everyone universally scores higher on the retake.Should I study my ass off for June, then use that as an indicator for further studying for the October test? I'll still be early for admissions even if I use the October score correct?

1. Yes
2. 'Early' is a relative concept

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Do not do this. Do not take the LSAT until you are ready. Having one great score after being fully prepared looks better than a crap score followed by a retake. Plus, you then need to explain that jump in your score. I made the mistake you are inquiring about, and I will never know if my 169 retake was brought down by my 156 unprepared (considering my rejections).

fltanglab

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 pm

You should always plan on taking the LSAT only once. For the record, starting now gives you a full three months, so you should be able to be fine if you follow a good plan.

aspire2more

Postby aspire2more » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 am

cityandcolour wrote:I began my studying for the June test last week, and it feels like everyone universally scores higher on the retake.Should I study my ass off for June,then use that as an indicator for further studying for the October test? I'll still be early for admissions even if I use the October score correct?

Yes to the parts I didn't cross out.

If you are not prepared for the June test, do not take it. Wait until the fall and take it then. Why would you even plan to take the LSAT twice? Plan to do it right the first time. Retaking should be a last resort, used only when you do not perform up to your actual potential.

suzige

Postby suzige » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:08 pm

See how you're doing in May. If you've got a ways to go, then use the summer and take in Oct. Don't plan ahead to retake.

sighsigh

Postby sighsigh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm

No. Plan to take the LSAT only once.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”