135 LSAT

jortiz682
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby jortiz682 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 am

I sucked at this shit. I've worked at it for awhile, and taken plenty of Adderall, scored highly (165/168, but not highly enough for my personal preferences) twice. Didn't even finish 2 practice exams prior to the real one because I knew I didn't know "how" to do it. It's possible.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun May 01, 2011 4:10 am

I could take the LSAT shitfaced and still score >135. Are you a native English speaker?

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby dpk711 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 am

naterj wrote:I could take the LSAT shitfaced and still score >135. Are you a native English speaker?

If I guessed all D's I could've probably got a 135.

User avatar
NomadicScribe
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby NomadicScribe » Sun May 01, 2011 2:21 pm

You can raise your score. I started out at 140, but my last timed PT was 166.

However, I don't think June is a good date. October at the earliest. Practice daily.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby DeeCee » Sun May 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Veyron wrote:This flame is of excellent vintage!


lol

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Firework11 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Still scoring way below the 150 range.
I'm putting off until the Oct. test!
Last edited by Firework11 on Sat May 14, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby zanzbar » Sat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Is timing an issue for you in any of the sections?

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Firework11 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

zanzbar wrote:Is timing an issue for you in any of the sections?


It is an issue for all of the sections. I get tired and my test anxiety starts to kick in!

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby mattviphky » Sat May 14, 2011 7:21 pm

what exactly has been your study schedule

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Firework11 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:30 pm

mattviphky wrote:what exactly has been your study schedule



I'm in a Princeton Review course.

How did you study for the LSAT?

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby zanzbar » Sat May 14, 2011 7:58 pm

If timing is an issue I suggest for RC and LG that you just plan on trying to complete 3 out of the 4 sections/games. Do the 3 with the most questions attached and just guess the same letter on the 4th game/section. If you can do perfect on the 3 and then guess on the 4th who knows you might get lucky on a few guesses and only get a -3 for that entire section.

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Firework11 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:19 am

zanzbar wrote:If timing is an issue I suggest for RC and LG that you just plan on trying to complete 3 out of the 4 sections/games. Do the 3 with the most questions attached and just guess the same letter on the 4th game/section. If you can do perfect on the 3 and then guess on the 4th who knows you might get lucky on a few guesses and only get a -3 for that entire section.


Thanks. How did you study for the LSAT?

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby zanzbar » Sun May 15, 2011 2:19 am

I am still in the process of studying to take in October. I got pretty good at the games so I typically finish with a minute or 2 to spare and only occasionally miss 1, however, on LR and RC i typically go -6 or -7 on a section so my goal is to bring those down to a more manageable number by October. I was working 40-50 hours a week while studying the past 4 months but after this month I will be finished with my internship so my only focus will be on LSAT until the start of fall semester in Sept. I am probably going to do around 5 games a day, 4 RC passages, and 25-30 LR questions with full review each day, and then take a practice LSAT once a week. I started at 148 and my best so far has been a 163 but my goal is 173+ so I still have a long way to go.

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby Firework11 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:34 am

zanzbar wrote:I am still in the process of studying to take in October. I got pretty good at the games so I typically finish with a minute or 2 to spare and only occasionally miss 1, however, on LR and RC i typically go -6 or -7 on a section so my goal is to bring those down to a more manageable number by October. I was working 40-50 hours a week while studying the past 4 months but after this month I will be finished with my internship so my only focus will be on LSAT until the start of fall semester in Sept. I am probably going to do around 5 games a day, 4 RC passages, and 25-30 LR questions with full review each day, and then take a practice LSAT once a week. I started at 148 and my best so far has been a 163 but my goal is 173+ so I still have a long way to go.


Congrats, you sound like a success story already! Keep up the awesome work!

User avatar
YaSvoboden
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby YaSvoboden » Sun May 15, 2011 4:16 am

Firework11 wrote:
zanzbar wrote:Is timing an issue for you in any of the sections?


It is an issue for all of the sections. I get tired and my test anxiety starts to kick in!


Anxiety on practice exams? Give yourself a good 10-15 second break to just chill at a couple points per section. Close your eyes, take a breath, pop your knuckles, whatever. For games, just do it between games, clear the old rules out and approach the new game fresh, same for RC and in LR after 10 or so and then every 5 after that. It helps me stay focused throughout.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby shoeshine » Sun May 15, 2011 4:27 am

135? I did not think this was possible.

User avatar
YaSvoboden
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: 135 LSAT

Postby YaSvoboden » Sun May 15, 2011 4:36 am

shoeshine wrote:135? I did not think this was possible.


I have a friend that was still in the 130s after a couple months of studying. I am not sure how he is doing now, he stopped telling me his scores after I took a diagnostic. His study habits didn't make a lick of sense to me, he made vocab flash cards and I'm pretty sure he wrote the wrong definitions down on some of them.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, earldasquirel, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests