LSAT plan? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
glucose101

Bronze

LSAT plan?

Post by glucose101 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 am

So the previous summer, the only section I really worked on was the LG games, which I did 3 times (with the exception of a couple of games) as prescribed by pitypike. I decided I would not take the LSAT until this Oct. I'm currently in school until the beginning of May. I plan on having a very light summer job (around 10-15 hours/week) just to make some money in the mean time, so I'll have a lot of time to devote to the LSAT this summer.

I just ordered the LSAT Kaplan Mastery book, and should be here next week. I really need to focus on LR...and RC is always a struggle. So would this plan be optimal:

1) During school, read each LG section from the LGB, and do the appropriate types (I have the LSAT version that breaks them up into game types).
2) During school, read each LR section from the LRB, and do the appropriate types (I have the LSAT Mastery book that breaks them up into types and difficulty).
3) During the summer, just take all 60 practice exams.

Naturally, I will review them until I understand LSAT patterns fully (why certain answers are right, wrong, etc).

Does that sound about right given my time frame?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Re: LSAT plan?

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:01 pm

glucose101 wrote:So the previous summer, the only section I really worked on was the LG games, which I did 3 times (with the exception of a couple of games) as prescribed by pitypike. I decided I would not take the LSAT until this Oct. I'm currently in school until the beginning of May. I plan on having a very light summer job (around 10-15 hours/week) just to make some money in the mean time, so I'll have a lot of time to devote to the LSAT this summer.

I just ordered the LSAT Kaplan Mastery book, and should be here next week. I really need to focus on LR...and RC is always a struggle. So would this plan be optimal:

1) During school, read each LG section from the LGB, and do the appropriate types (I have the LSAT version that breaks them up into game types).
2) During school, read each LR section from the LRB, and do the appropriate types (I have the LSAT Mastery book that breaks them up into types and difficulty).
3) During the summer, just take all 60 practice exams.

Naturally, I will review them until I understand LSAT patterns fully (why certain answers are right, wrong, etc).

Does that sound about right given my time frame?
March 6 – April 5 (31 days)
LR: 12 questions/day in Kaplan Mastery
• Assumption, Strengthen/Weaken, Flaw
LG: 3 new, 3 old games/day in LG booklet (minimum)
• All linears
RC: 1 full passage/3 days in actual PTs

4 timed PTs
10 LG sections, 10 LR sections timed
Superprep A (end of month)

April 6 – May 5 (30 days)
LR: 14 questions/day in Kaplan Mastery
• Inference, Principle, Parallel, Paradox, Method of Argument, Main Point, Role of a Statement, Point at Issue
LG: 3 new, 3 old games/day in LG booklet (minimum)
• All grouping, sequencing, rare
RC: 1 full passage/3 days in actual PTs

10 LG sections, 15 LG sections timed
SuperPrep B (middle of month) SuperPrep C (end of month)
3-5 additional PTs timed

May 6 – June 5 (31 days)
15 PTs, Full review

This is my study schedule consolidated with pithypike's method, mine and several other TLSers. Studying LRB/LGB is necessary as well. I've already read both several times so I didn't include it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”