155 LSAT

tennisballs

Re: 155 LSAT

Postby tennisballs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Wow, talk about progress. Good work and good luck!

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Run! wrote:To be fair you disagreed with me and then technically are following my advice (if you consider that a few days can be liberally used as 2 days), :). In any event, looking forward to more updates.
well if we can call that two day then I guess ur right. Also did of 60 today or june of 2010. Did Lg, lr, rc, rc, lr. I went -0 on Lg and the
-3 on each lr. On my exp rc I was -3 bit on the real deal I was -7! Not too cool but I wound up with a 169 overall on a gracious curve. Rc was pretty hard not much else I can say. I took this one in a library to simulate the conditions of somewhere new. I also took at 10 cuz tahrs when the library opened...I was shootin o take it at 9. I just need start wearing a watch and taking 15 minute breaks, right now theyre like half hour. Shooting for 172 next Saturday ah it's so close! Ready to do it tho. Went to wustl yesterday...definitely cool.

Run!

Postby Run! » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 am

Check your inbox when you get the opportunity.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

in response to some interest in my study plan, this post will kinda summarize the last 6 months for me. This is a study plan that was not outlined before i started, I just began studying and it kinda fell into place. I do not recommend it for someone who is operating on a short amount of time, as you can see, it took me 6 months of study to get where I'm at. When I started in late feb, my diag was 153. I had taken the lsat in october with very, very little prep (pretty much did a pt and read some kaplan) and I got a 155. So after finding tls and kicking myself for being so stupid, i decided i needed to get a great score. I bought the original ten lsats book, (although i recommend that you start with the pts in the 20s in lieu of these earlier tests). My plan was to just pt to a good score, but after 3 pts I realized it wouldn't work that way. Games was my biggest roblem and I decided that i needed to get some help, so after looking through TLS I bought the LGB, which is something I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Very good book. When I started studying it (probably first week of march) i would get headaches after just like an hour of work, it took about two weeks until my brain could start handling this different way of thinking, it was just brute force learning up until then. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T STUDY! IT'S HARD AND PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DO IT! IF THIS DESCRIBES YOU, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, IT GETS EASIER!!! I suggest reading that tiger mother article in the nytimes, the part about her forcing her daughter to sit at the piano until she got should motivate you. It's the reason parents force their kids to do sports, the kid may hate it at first, but then begins to love it when they begin to get it. DO NOT BE A PUSSY, IT SUCKS, I KNOW, BUT STUDY. Many people have trouble with games, but it is the EASIEST thing to learn. Once you get it you will love it. To me, it's like doing crossword puzzles, i wish they were in the newspaper and I will continue to do them after the test...THIS SHOULD DESCRIBE YOU, ONCE IT DOES, YOU ARE MADE. After nearly a month of solid LG prep, I wanted to focus on LR ( i was gonna keep up with LG, but my focus was improving LR in April) I bought LRB, which really didn't help me all that much, or maybe it did, but not in a noticeable way. I just did sections pretty much. Not smart, I know. I bought pts from the lsatblogspot people that included LR explanations, although these were not as helpful as I thought they would be. They were nice in that they gave me some extra pts, but they were only marginally helpful with the explanations. May came around and I began doing a PT day, review day, review day, repeat. I used the pts from 50 on for that month. I was not very good with my PT prep, i probably did like 10 pts the month up until the lsat, but only on like the last 3 did I include an experimental. This is vital, i went from 164-165 to 161-162. So I took June lsat and then took the month off. I got a 158...I was fairly pissed at myself. I had paid a seat deposit at a TTT, but decided that i wanted a T25 with a great scholly. To do this I needed a 170+. I started back up in July, and I took a pt once a week and just studied sections and i bought the powerscore Games workbook. I followed Eugenie's method and made multiple photocopies of each game, and I have done about 4-6 games a day four or five days a week. DO THIS, MAKE PHOTOCOPIES OF EACH AND EVERY GAME AND SPREAD THEM OUT ACROSS A PERIOD OF TIME. I also bought the PTs in the 30s. These are hard lgs, and it will help you. I took a week off in august. This is something that worked for me, I had a lot of time so I wasn't afraid to take breaks, in fact they probably helped me. Different strokes for different folks, but the way some people study, like 6 hours a day, every day, for 6 weeks would kill me...well, not really, but it wouldn't mean a good score for me. Starting late Aug/early Sept I started pting again. PT review review Repeat, although my review days were more like off days :oops: . But I put in experimentals in almost every time. I have the latest 10 real lsat book, and I have been going through that. I started in the mid 160s, but i'm now consistently around 170. Very excited about that, i just really hope I do that well on the real deal. I really want scholly at notre dame, wustl, vandy, etc. I think all this prep also has given me the proper confidence. CONFIDENCE IS KEY. Knowing that you have prepped like a champ makes you feel like one. I know it sounds stupid, but before I take a pt I look in the mirror and talk to myself like I'm gonna go play the superbowl, it helps build my confidence and it works for me. During this period of time, my RC and LR just clicked! Dave's threads has good tips for RC. I began doing outlines for RC, which helped me retain things so much better and connecting the dots. I then began to get faster and did not need to write as detailed outlines and began to know what to look for. OUTLINE. It might affect your time at first, but you'll get faster. I'm like at 5 min to read the passage and 3-4 minutes to answer the questions for each passage. LR just clicked as well, I don't really know why. After seeing Dave's spreadsheet on LR, I realized that i had just developed his tips on my own, so if you're having trouble, go to his thread and follow that spread sheet. I have a pt sunday, wed, and then real deal saturday. I'm where i want to be, just gotta get faster with rc and start wearing a watch. I could always use more accuracy, but I'd be totally amp'd for a 172 on test day. I can't wait to take this fucker and get a score that will change my life. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GOING TO A LOW RANKED SCHOOL, THAT IS TOTALLY COOL, JUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. I'M NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT SCHOOLS, I'M TELLING YOU ABOUT THE LSAT. DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT YOU DID THE BEST THAT YOU COULD DO? WORK YOUR ASS OFF, AND IF THE HIGHEST SCORE YOU GET IS A 160, THEN THAT'S OK, JUST DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Paragraphs are your friend :)

But seriously. Awesome progress, and great advice.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:27 pm

oh good point. i didn't care while i was writing cuz its just a forum post, but now that i'm looking at it everything is really hard to read

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:41 pm

mattviphky wrote:DO NOT BE A PUSSY, IT SUCKS, I KNOW, BUT STUDY.

That pretty much motivated me. :) This thread is awesome and great work!

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm

i didn't take my pt today like I should have. i did a pt thursday and my plan was to do it sunday and then wednesday then do the real thing saturday. Unfortunately i've had a headache today and I'm not really feeling like taking today. A month ago I woulda sucked it up, but not with a week left. The last thing I want is a score that is below my average when October 1 is just next week. I coulda taken today, but I opted to maintain my confidence. I did 6 games instead. The only problem is i can't really take 2 more pts now since i like having 2 days between my pts. I plan on doing 2-3 sections tomrw and then pt 61 on tUES. Not a big deal, I've prepped my ass off so really its about maintaining now, I'm not gonna sweat it. I just wish i felt better, but i'll take tuesday. I'm gonna get sleep tonight, feel better, study hard a couple days this week and kick ass saturday. I've been studying 6 mos and I feel great. I guess I'm just frustrated cuz i thought i'd be able to take today. After studying hard my mind doesn't like being challenged and i feel lazy if i don't take a pt. Fuck it, gonna get a 172 on wed and i only had one pt left anyways. Good luck everybody, we'll do great!

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:53 pm

mattviphky wrote:in response to some interest in my study plan, this post will kinda summarize the last 6 months for me. This is a study plan that was not outlined before i started, I just began studying and it kinda fell into place. I do not recommend it for someone who is operating on a short amount of time, as you can see, it took me 6 months of study to get where I'm at. When I started in late feb, my diag was 153. I had taken the lsat in october with very, very little prep (pretty much did a pt and read some kaplan) and I got a 155. So after finding tls and kicking myself for being so stupid, i decided i needed to get a great score. I bought the original ten lsats book, (although i recommend that you start with the pts in the 20s in lieu of these earlier tests). My plan was to just pt to a good score, but after 3 pts I realized it wouldn't work that way. Games was my biggest roblem and I decided that i needed to get some help, so after looking through TLS I bought the LGB, which is something I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Very good book. When I started studying it (probably first week of march) i would get headaches after just like an hour of work, it took about two weeks until my brain could start handling this different way of thinking, it was just brute force learning up until then. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T STUDY! IT'S HARD AND PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DO IT! IF THIS DESCRIBES YOU, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, IT GETS EASIER!!! I suggest reading that tiger mother article in the nytimes, the part about her forcing her daughter to sit at the piano until she got should motivate you. It's the reason parents force their kids to do sports, the kid may hate it at first, but then begins to love it when they begin to get it. DO NOT BE A PUSSY, IT SUCKS, I KNOW, BUT STUDY. Many people have trouble with games, but it is the EASIEST thing to learn. Once you get it you will love it. To me, it's like doing crossword puzzles, i wish they were in the newspaper and I will continue to do them after the test...THIS SHOULD DESCRIBE YOU, ONCE IT DOES, YOU ARE MADE. After nearly a month of solid LG prep, I wanted to focus on LR ( i was gonna keep up with LG, but my focus was improving LR in April) I bought LRB, which really didn't help me all that much, or maybe it did, but not in a noticeable way. I just did sections pretty much. Not smart, I know. I bought pts from the lsatblogspot people that included LR explanations, although these were not as helpful as I thought they would be. They were nice in that they gave me some extra pts, but they were only marginally helpful with the explanations. May came around and I began doing a PT day, review day, review day, repeat. I used the pts from 50 on for that month. I was not very good with my PT prep, i probably did like 10 pts the month up until the lsat, but only on like the last 3 did I include an experimental. This is vital, i went from 164-165 to 161-162. So I took June lsat and then took the month off. I got a 158...I was fairly pissed at myself. I had paid a seat deposit at a TTT, but decided that i wanted a T25 with a great scholly. To do this I needed a 170+. I started back up in July, and I took a pt once a week and just studied sections and i bought the powerscore Games workbook. I followed Eugenie's method and made multiple photocopies of each game, and I have done about 4-6 games a day four or five days a week. DO THIS, MAKE PHOTOCOPIES OF EACH AND EVERY GAME AND SPREAD THEM OUT ACROSS A PERIOD OF TIME. I also bought the PTs in the 30s. These are hard lgs, and it will help you. I took a week off in august. This is something that worked for me, I had a lot of time so I wasn't afraid to take breaks, in fact they probably helped me. Different strokes for different folks, but the way some people study, like 6 hours a day, every day, for 6 weeks would kill me...well, not really, but it wouldn't mean a good score for me. Starting late Aug/early Sept I started pting again. PT review review Repeat, although my review days were more like off days :oops: . But I put in experimentals in almost every time. I have the latest 10 real lsat book, and I have been going through that. I started in the mid 160s, but i'm now consistently around 170. Very excited about that, i just really hope I do that well on the real deal. I really want scholly at notre dame, wustl, vandy, etc. I think all this prep also has given me the proper confidence. CONFIDENCE IS KEY. Knowing that you have prepped like a champ makes you feel like one. I know it sounds stupid, but before I take a pt I look in the mirror and talk to myself like I'm gonna go play the superbowl, it helps build my confidence and it works for me. During this period of time, my RC and LR just clicked! Dave's threads has good tips for RC. I began doing outlines for RC, which helped me retain things so much better and connecting the dots. I then began to get faster and did not need to write as detailed outlines and began to know what to look for. OUTLINE. It might affect your time at first, but you'll get faster. I'm like at 5 min to read the passage and 3-4 minutes to answer the questions for each passage. LR just clicked as well, I don't really know why. After seeing Dave's spreadsheet on LR, I realized that i had just developed his tips on my own, so if you're having trouble, go to his thread and follow that spread sheet. I have a pt sunday, wed, and then real deal saturday. I'm where i want to be, just gotta get faster with rc and start wearing a watch. I could always use more accuracy, but I'd be totally amp'd for a 172 on test day. I can't wait to take this fucker and get a score that will change my life. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GOING TO A LOW RANKED SCHOOL, THAT IS TOTALLY COOL, JUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. I'M NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT SCHOOLS, I'M TELLING YOU ABOUT THE LSAT. DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT YOU DID THE BEST THAT YOU COULD DO? WORK YOUR ASS OFF, AND IF THE HIGHEST SCORE YOU GET IS A 160, THEN THAT'S OK, JUST DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT.

Read your own posts 5 times a day for sizable RC gains. I mean if you can get to the end of this with your brain still working, you are a champ.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 pm

haha i know. i think i'm making these more for myself than other people...although i do hope someone benefits. yeah i could edit this down for sure, but i'm not going to. pretty much the cap'd words are all you need

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 pm

decided i would pt today after all. I was just anxious to do something, and i felt good, so i went ahead and started one. My plan was just do LR and RC today and then take a real pt tomorrow, but after doing those 2 sections I felt really good and just kept going. I'm gonna be chill about this one tho, cuz i plan on sitting down and doing one again wed, which will probably by the june 11 lsat, i just have to print the pdf from my lsac page. But I'm taking pt 61 now (or whatever October 2010 is). I'm gonna be chill about it. I just finished the first 3 sections, im gonna take a long break, review stuff, look over everything, and then later on in the day to the last 2 sections. No big deal, i'm gonna do a real one on wed and then relax until saturday. So far I've gone -4 on RC, -2 on LR, and -2 on LG...on pace for 170+!!! just gotta maintain. i know this long break isn't exactly test conditions, but I'm not going for that today.

GatsbyGatz

Postby GatsbyGatz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:16 pm

mattviphky wrote:decided i would pt today after all. I was just anxious to do something, and i felt good, so i went ahead and started one. My plan was just do LR and RC today and then take a real pt tomorrow, but after doing those 2 sections I felt really good and just kept going. I'm gonna be chill about this one tho, cuz i plan on sitting down and doing one again wed, which will probably by the june 11 lsat, i just have to print the pdf from my lsac page. But I'm taking pt 61 now (or whatever October 2010 is). I'm gonna be chill about it. I just finished the first 3 sections, im gonna take a long break, review stuff, look over everything, and then later on in the day to the last 2 sections. No big deal, i'm gonna do a real one on wed and then relax until saturday. So far I've gone -4 on RC, -2 on LR, and -2 on LG...on pace for 170+!!! just gotta maintain. i know this long break isn't exactly test conditions, but I'm not going for that today.

Your story and growth is very motivating. I was also registered to take the LSAT on Oct 1st, but I withdrew because I was averaging 157-160 on the PTs and I had ambitions far beyond that score. I've managed to improve from my initial score to my average by 12 points within 3 months of studying. I'm hoping you could offer me some perspective. How long did it take you to improve beyond the 150s to the high 160s-170s? I'd love to experience the improvement that you've shown for when I take the LSAT next February. Perhaps once you've taken your LSAT, you could make a topic about your study regime and tips. We fellow study-wracked test-takers would love to know from someone with experience! :mrgreen:

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 pm

just took pt 60 or 61, it was October 2010, but I can't remember the number. Didn't do an experimental, i was actually not going to even do the whole pt, just like the first two sections, but i felt good so i pressed ahead. RC was -4, LR -2, LG -2, LR -3 for a -11=170. I'm digging this score for confidence purposes, but like I said, no exp and a lengthy break, so not entirely truthful. I'm REALLY hoping for a 170+ for October LSAT. Few days, feeling good! Strict pt Wed and that's it...can't wait

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:32 pm

note to self: get wasted saturday

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 pm

AHHH JUST TOOK MY LAST PT EVAAAHHH!!!! PT 63, or june 11. Did LR, RC, LR (exp), LG, LR. I absolutely hate LR...and RC for that matter, so hopefully I get LG for my exp. on the real deal, the triple LR is just too much. I like the way LR, LG, RC, LR, LG sounds. My luck it will be LG, LR, LR, LR, RC......we'll see though. Anyways went LR -2, RC -4, LG -0, LR -2 for a -8, or a 172! This is my highest score yet, lately I've been fluctuating between 168-171, so this was nice to see. Like 6 of my past 9 pts have been 170 or over, so I HOPE TO ALMIGHTY GOD that this is what happens on Saturday. Not studying the rest of the week...well maybe some games, and then a small warm-up Saturday, but that is absolutely it. I'm psyched for this shit and I'm ready to kill it. Quick disclaimer, i have done this pt before. In fact, I sat june, and then I printed the pdf about 6 weeks ago and took it then, so this is my third time seeing the material, so I'm sure that helped a lot, not as much as I thought it would tho. Seeing as how I was getting 170ish on pts that I havent looked at in months I was kinda surprised this wasn't a little better, LR was good and everything, I guess the RC is what gave me trouble. On the real thing I was LR -5, -8, RC -8, and LG -8 (i know, ridiculous). Looking forward to Saturday, aiming for 172+! Good luck to everybody, we've all been studying hard, stay confident people!!! Thanks TLS for everything.
GatsbyGatz wrote:
mattviphky wrote:decided i would pt today after all. I was just anxious to do something, and i felt good, so i went ahead and started one. My plan was just do LR and RC today and then take a real pt tomorrow, but after doing those 2 sections I felt really good and just kept going. I'm gonna be chill about this one tho, cuz i plan on sitting down and doing one again wed, which will probably by the june 11 lsat, i just have to print the pdf from my lsac page. But I'm taking pt 61 now (or whatever October 2010 is). I'm gonna be chill about it. I just finished the first 3 sections, im gonna take a long break, review stuff, look over everything, and then later on in the day to the last 2 sections. No big deal, i'm gonna do a real one on wed and then relax until saturday. So far I've gone -4 on RC, -2 on LR, and -2 on LG...on pace for 170+!!! just gotta maintain. i know this long break isn't exactly test conditions, but I'm not going for that today.

Your story and growth is very motivating. I was also registered to take the LSAT on Oct 1st, but I withdrew because I was averaging 157-160 on the PTs and I had ambitions far beyond that score. I've managed to improve from my initial score to my average by 12 points within 3 months of studying. I'm hoping you could offer me some perspective. How long did it take you to improve beyond the 150s to the high 160s-170s? I'd love to experience the improvement that you've shown for when I take the LSAT next February. Perhaps once you've taken your LSAT, you could make a topic about your study regime and tips. We fellow study-wracked test-takers would love to know from someone with experience! :mrgreen:

I'll get back to you after i take it, sorry, but my mins isn't in the right place to address this, I'm gonna quit TLS for a few days and then get to it...again, sorry. Good luck with your studies!

uchi15hopeful

Postby uchi15hopeful » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm

In for the results.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:22 pm

I appreciate the curiosity! I'm hopeful that you get Chicago, too! Well my LSAT was LG, LR, RC, RC, LR. The proctors were really cool guys, not shrill or anything. I took my first lsat at this place, but my second one at a different location much closer to my house. However, the second place was somewhat crowded, and we took on tables with really rough surfaces. The proctor was also shrill and she had like students at the university help proctor and they just walked through the rows like vultures, always someone looking over your shoulder, it was incredibly distracting. This place, however, had auditorium seating for like 100, with only 10 or so people testing there was plenty of elbow room. Great seat-to-desk height. Very comfortable location with warm proctors. Did some drilling, drank a 5 hour, half hour later I'm opening up my packet to an LG section. I just remember going through this section really nervous at first, I had been cool the whole time, but I was getting nervous when I started answering questions, but it subsided. I think I went -0 on this section. There were like 2 questions I had to come back to, and I could have missed them, but I don't think I did. 3rd game took me forever, though. 2nd section was LR, somewhat easy, I think I had to star two and just give my best guess. Coulda gone -2 to -4 on this section (hopefully), next section was RC. I started off well, but while reading the second passage I figured out it was an experimental, so I just kinda glided through the rest of the section. I think this really helped with my mental endurance, being able to add like 15 minutes to my break and not have to subject myself to another section. THIS WAS A HUGE RISK, DO NOT DO IT! For me, I just figured the risk was worth the reward. Next section was RC again. Let's hope lsac stays true to form and doesn't make the fourth section exp, I would probably cry. Think i did well, it was actually somewhat easy as far as RC goes, but I'm not sure. The last passage I had to speed through, and I think I had to give my best skimming answer for the last four, so I think I got anywhere from -4 to -8. LR was last, this had a pretty difficult last half. Questions 15 and on were sporadically very difficult, so I'm just gonna say -5, but I really have no idea, I think that saying -5 isn't setting myself up for disapointment or anything. Shoulda bought the KAPLAN Writing section book, that was difficult lol. So I'm thinking (hoping) -0, -4, -6, -5 for a -15, and if it scaled like the past few it would be about a 167. Don't know tho. My last few pts were over 170, so i was hoping for that region, but if I had to guess, I would say 165-169 ballpark. Of course as a WUSTL/Notre Dame hopeful, I would need to be in the 168+ region. My game plan is to pretty much do applications all month until i get my score and submit the next day. I really, really hope I did well and scored north of my expectations. I'm so glad I found TLS, right now I would be at a TTTT with a small scholarship. I studied for 6 months to get where I'm at. This was my final LSAT, so come what may, I just pray it was good. I don't know what I'll do if i get 168>my score, maybe ED notre dame? maybe see how uiuc is gonna handle this cycle? tulane? I don't know, all questions that will be much easier to answer when I have a score, still, it's fun to speculate. Thanks everybody, I'll keep updating this throughout my cycle. To all you 155s, keep studying!

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:25 pm

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 pm

ugh yeah i'm bad at that

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:42 pm

mattviphky wrote:I appreciate the curiosity! I'm hopeful that you get Chicago, too! Well my LSAT was LG, LR, RC, RC, LR. The proctors were really cool guys, not shrill or anything. I took my first lsat at this place, but my second one at a different location much closer to my house. However, the second place was somewhat crowded, and we took on tables with really rough surfaces. The proctor was also shrill and she had like students at the university help proctor and they just walked through the rows like vultures, always someone looking over your shoulder, it was incredibly distracting. This place, however, had auditorium seating for like 100, with only 10 or so people testing there was plenty of elbow room. Great seat-to-desk height. Very comfortable location with warm proctors. Did some drilling, drank a 5 hour, half hour later I'm opening up my packet to an LG section. I just remember going through this section really nervous at first, I had been cool the whole time, but I was getting nervous when I started answering questions, but it subsided. I think I went -0 on this section. There were like 2 questions I had to come back to, and I could have missed them, but I don't think I did. 3rd game took me forever, though. 2nd section was LR, somewhat easy, I think I had to star two and just give my best guess. Coulda gone -2 to -4 on this section (hopefully), next section was RC. I started off well, but while reading the second passage I figured out it was an experimental, so I just kinda glided through the rest of the section. I think this really helped with my mental endurance, being able to add like 15 minutes to my break and not have to subject myself to another section. THIS WAS A HUGE RISK, DO NOT DO IT! For me, I just figured the risk was worth the reward. Next section was RC again. Let's hope lsac stays true to form and doesn't make the fourth section exp, I would probably cry. Think i did well, it was actually somewhat easy as far as RC goes, but I'm not sure. The last passage I had to speed through, and I think I had to give my best skimming answer for the last four, so I think I got anywhere from -4 to -8. LR was last, this had a pretty difficult last half. Questions 15 and on were sporadically very difficult, so I'm just gonna say -5, but I really have no idea, I think that saying -5 isn't setting myself up for disapointment or anything. Shoulda bought the KAPLAN Writing section book, that was difficult lol. So I'm thinking (hoping) -0, -4, -6, -5 for a -15, and if it scaled like the past few it would be about a 167. Don't know tho. My last few pts were over 170, so i was hoping for that region, but if I had to guess, I would say 165-169 ballpark. Of course as a WUSTL/Notre Dame hopeful, I would need to be in the 168+ region. My game plan is to pretty much do applications all month until i get my score and submit the next day. I really, really hope I did well and scored north of my expectations. I'm so glad I found TLS, right now I would be at a TTTT with a small scholarship. I studied for 6 months to get where I'm at. This was my final LSAT, so come what may, I just pray it was good. I don't know what I'll do if i get 168>my score, maybe ED notre dame? maybe see how uiuc is gonna handle this cycle? tulane? I don't know, all questions that will be much easier to answer when I have a score, still, it's fun to speculate. Thanks everybody, I'll keep updating this throughout my cycle. To all you 155s, keep studying!

Hey man congrats on everything. I hope you score high. I think that you are one of those people who will be successful even if you don’t go to a top school, your dedication and hard work will take you a long way. Congrats again and good luck!

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm

To all you 155s, keep studying!

Count me inspired. Thanks for making this study thread.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm

SarahKerrigan wrote:
mattviphky wrote:

Hey man congrats on everything. I hope you score high. I think that you are one of those people who will be successful even if you don’t go to a top school, your dedication and hard work will take you a long way. Congrats again and good luck!

t

Thanks, those were some very kind words. I hope I do too!! Good luck on your future test? have you taken or are you going to take?

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm

GatsbyGatz wrote:
mattviphky wrote:

Well, my thread pretty much covers my history with lsat prep, but i'll gloss over it real quick before i answer all these questions. I took in October of 2010 on something of a whim. I was looking at grad school for history, but i realized that i didn't want to go into academia at that point in my life. I was taking grad classes and writing a number of research papers as an undergrad and i realized that it was not something i wanted to do. Being a historian would be fun, but it is something i could do just as well, if not better, when I'm older. I wanted something with a little bit more appeal. I was always interested in practicing law, my stepdad is an attorney and has always advocated this career path. I decided that I would take the LSAT and see what would happen. I bought a kaplan book, studied for two weeks, did like 2 pts (w/o experimental) and got a 155. I was satisfied with that score, I applied to my local state school, got in with a small scholarship, and i was happy. This is what happens to most law applicants. However, a great number of them don't apply to a local state school that is cheap and actually quiet a good deal, they wind up applying to private TTT/Ts and take on a great deal of debt. I googled law schools one day and this site came up. I started looking through the forums in december, and joined maybe a month later. i was hooked, i realized that with the right amount of prep, I could get into one of these amazing schools that i always hear about but never thought i would be able to attend. This is a losing attitude. Don't think that you can't do something, if there is doubt in your mind, then you will fail. However, be pragmatic, don't jump off a building trying to fly or something. I would have been fine going to the state school, but it was just knowing that I could do so much better on the lsat. It wasn't so much going to a different school that inspired me to retake, it was having the peace of mind to know i did my best. So I started studying in late february. I bought the 10 real lsats book and ptd 3 of them before i realized that i needed a better study plan. I bought superprep, two more 10 real lsats books, and the LGB (AMAZING) as well as the LRB (meh). I studied up until june, doing pts all of may. i didn't do experimentals until the last 2 tests. This is very important, if you pt do experimentals!!! I had spent all of march and april going through the LGB and stuff. i got headaches when i first started, but after about a week of torturing my self to keep going, it finally got easier. this is another issue, people give up when it gets hard and their brains hurt. This is your brain trying to master the material, let it happen!! it sucks but it is over soon and it is super worth it. Studied like 2-3 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Took June, 158. Not much of an improvement. I don't know what happened, but this was not indicativ eof my test taking capabilities. So i started studying again frirst day of July. I probably studied like 3 hours a day 4 days a week. i PTd all of September, and I was getting in the 170s towards the end.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm

But who knows how i did on real deal, hopefully pretty good, i'd have to guess 164-168

Run!

Postby Run! » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Become a motivational speaker, tutor, and or Kaplan teacher in your spare time (you will have a year before LS, after all - why not make some money ;).)

Or just run!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”