155 LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mattviphky

Silver

Re: 155 LSAT

Post by mattviphky » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah you only need like a 90 percentile to teach KAPLAN, but i don't know if there are any openings where i live...it would be awesome to do though. Anyway I've been working on my Why ND? essay, pretty much done, although ill probably wind up editing it a few more times. 2 Full pages, i even had to use 11.5 font. Working on my PS, its turning out well, wanna finish it sometime next week. I still need to send in my updated transcript to LSAC. Also hope to write a good Why Illinois? and whatever other essays i need to write. From next week until the day I get my test back i am going to fill out my applications, such as IUB, WUSTL, UIUC, Tulane, GW, and SLU. The day I get my test I'll decide whether or not to ED Notre Dame, although I probably will anyways due to my less than stellar gpa. But yeah, gonna keep it nice and relaxed this month filling my stuff out and then sending it off. Feels amazing to have the LSAT out of my life. good luck to everyone this cycle. if ur looking at nd let me know

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 am

finished my ps, Why ND, and resume. Time to fill out apps! I'm not gonna send them off until I get my score back, plus I gotta ask for fee waivers anyways.

ISABELLA175

New

Post by ISABELLA175 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 am

Firework11 wrote:"Sometimes people have to fail to succeed, and I am coming back so motivated for this next one."

Love message. I feel the same way. Best of luck!

I love this tooo !!! you encourage me!!

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Never saw this thread until now. Good luck OP! You obviously never, ever quit. When they choose up sides, I want you on my team.

ISABELLA175

New

Post by ISABELLA175 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Failure is accepting life below your potential.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I love all of these quotes! I scheduled a visit to Notre Dame, and I am so excited to go see the campus. I just really want my score!!! I have my apps filled out for everywhere but Notre Dame, although I have my PS and why notre dame written. on lsac you have to commit to either ed or rd before you can fill out the app, so i wanna wait. I know i want to go to ND, and I know that I'll probably ED, but I just want my score back anyways!

jared6180

Bronze

Post by jared6180 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:42 am

You inspire me. I am struggling, and need a kick start so i read your updates, and that helps. Looking forward to your results. Hoping for a 172 for you.

Ernert

Bronze

Post by Ernert » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:00 am

McFly

New

Post by McFly » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 pm

how did you do, young based gawd?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Please, tell us how you did!

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 pm

180asBreath wrote:Please, tell us how you did!
+1

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 pm

He is probably too embarrassed to post it. LSAT is a bitch.

jared6180

Bronze

Post by jared6180 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 pm

i sure want to know. I am hoping he got his 172

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Same. I hope to god he is too busy getting his ND app ready at the moment to reply with his score!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow, it's awesome to have so much feedback with this!! Thanks guys for reading and keeping up with
all my shit. I went to Notre Dame yesterday so that I could do the whole visiting thang and see what
the campus was about. Needless to say I spent the entire drive back home constantly updating my
lsac account on my phone, I didn't get my score until like 8, which is kinda weird delay. Buuuut,
I got a 164. I don't know whether to frown face or smile face this. It is what it is, I studied my ass off, I
retook, and this is what I have to show for it. When I took the test, i predicted a 164-168, and that was
with my expectations of a -11 curve...so the score was south of what I hoped. I wasn't too bummed with
it, 164 is still a good score, it's just not what I wanted, however, after reading about all the happy 170+s
on the waiting thread, I gotta say I'm a little bummed out now. But hey, it's a good score, I studied hard, so
whatever. I'm happy for all you guys who did well, congrats!! So to dissect it, I had LG, LR, RC, LR. I went
-3 on LG, which I thought would be a -0. I went -3 on the first LR, which is what I had actually expected.
-6 on RC, again, a number I had expected...but then -9 on the last LR. I don't know, I guess I just dropped the ball.
I had actually thought that I was at a -5 for that section, maybe just stupid mistakes, but mistakes are mistakes.
So I was thinking -0, -3, -6, -5, which I was hoping would be a 167-168, but which turned out to be a
169. I think this is what is the most upsetting, if I had done nearly as well as I had pt'd or had felt
like I had done, i would be looking at Notre Dame or WUSTL with a little more confidence. It's not a
big deal though...a 164 may not have been what I wanted, but it's what I got. When I was on my phone
I saw that people on the forum had gotten their tests back, and incredibly the curve was a -13. I was
definitely amp'd for a 166-170, so a 164 was deflating. I was hoping to be looking at IUB as a safety,
but unfortunately it's turned into a reach. Tulane is still a contender, and I have no idea how UIUC
will handle this cycle. I actually visited UIUC before Notre Dame, it wasn't a formal deal, I just stayed with
a friend Saturday night in Champaign and we walked around the campus. I gotta say, UIUC is a much
more beautiful campus than I had thought. ND was absolutely gorgeous, exceeded every expectation.
Anyways, that's my score. This thread isn't just about my lsat though, it is gonna cover my whole cycle,
so I'm gonna keep giving updates and shit about how things are going. So my numbers aren't what
I'd like them to be, but my cycle is what is important. Yeah I know admissions is a numbers game, but
I'm hoping for something good to come my way. But I feel good guys, don't be bummed for me that I didn't get my
172, shit happens. I still got a list of schools that I'm going to apply to, and I'm probably gonna
ed Notre Dame (probably won't mean much). Applying to Tulane, WUSTL, ND, SLU, IUB, UIUC, and
Idk where else. I know it sounds selfish, but I would love to see UIUC's admissions become a little
less selective. :D It's kinda funny cuz I just don't know how to feel right now. Well, i guess its not
really over, but just beginning, so we'll see where a good ps and some w/e gets me. Military and
firefighter will hopefully be bump, lol. But enough about me, how'd you guys do?!

osu888

New

Post by osu888 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

164 is good!!!!!

I just got my score back and i will be retaking in June, will be doing all the power bibles and lot more reviewing....your story has been very motivating...congrats

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm

thanks man, i hope if anything can be taken from this is that it serves as motivation for somebody.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Your improvement, while not as much as you hoped for, is an amazing accomplishment; you have completely changed your profile as a prospective law student and increased 30-50 spots in the rankings.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

mattviphky wrote:thanks man, i hope if anything can be taken from this is that it serves as motivation for somebody.
I can personally attest to this.

jared6180

Bronze

Post by jared6180 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:01 am

Looking forward to the rest of the cycle to see how you do. I was hoping for you to blow the LSAT away, but we can't always get what we want I guess.

Jared

Run!

New

Post by Run! » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:34 am

Congratulations dude, and best of luck on your cycle.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Firework11

Bronze

Post by Firework11 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 am

@mattviphky --Congrats.

Your have gave me motivation for my 2013 cycle. I will be testing in Feb.
From a 155 to 164, that is just AMAZING!

Best of luck with your cycle!

derechoMi

New

Post by derechoMi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Op your thread is the best thread on TLS IMO!

Thanks for sharing.

And I don't mind that you don't know how to hit the enter key.

It's ok, because it helped me on my RC.

That is all.

Spacemyace

New

Post by Spacemyace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:26 am

I wanna say congrats dude. People have followed your thread because it has personal touch to it. It does show the ups and downs in your struggle to increase your score. 164 is great and I wish I can do that. Good job pal.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words! Yeah, what makes this hard is that I was hoping for St. Louis, where WUSTL and SLU are located. However, I also was hoping for ND and UIUC so I could have the ability to work in St. Louis. The big problem with WUSTL and SLU is that they are just soooo far a part in terms of...everything. Now I'm pretty much out of ND and UIUC, so SLU seems to be my best to work in St. Louis. So I just feel like despite all my studying, i haven't really progressed very far from last cycle when i got slu off waitlist. I guess I could be looking at great $$$ which makes me feel much better. Anyways, I don't mean to be down...I am in a MUCH better situation than I was last year and it is all thanks to everyone at TLS. I coulda gone expensive TTT or TTTT with small scholly...but now I'm looking at a much bigger scholarship from the TTT. I hate putting things into such definitive terms like TTT, especially when it comes to local schools that dominate their market, but after being on this site for so long some elitism has rubbed off on me. I should be very happy that I have progressed the way I have, and I'm sure when my acceptance and scholarship letters start coming in I'll start feeling much better about my cycle. I was looking at some T1's that LSN suggests would give me money, but I feel like this would be more out of vanity and not very practical for my future job search. I don't know, just gotta request a shit ton of fee waivers and see where that takes me. Sent of ND, UIUC, and tomorrow i'll be working on SLU, Tulane, IUB. Cardozo and Wake Forest gave me fee waivers, so why not.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”