LG Relative Difficulty Question

youknowryan

LG Relative Difficulty Question

Postby youknowryan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

I am still working through games older than PT38 and have found that in many, many sections (especially from 19-38) that there will very often be 1 very hard game, 1 easy game and 2 moderate games, or 2 very hard games and 2 easy games or something like that. In other words, there are large swings in difficulty.

For people that have taken the older tests AND newer tests (say PT 50-62), does this pattern still exist or have the games moved toward the middle where there is some variance, but not so much like the older tests? I am inclined to think this has happened, but I want some real confirmation.

Also, if they have moved to the middle, is it the set ups that are have changed more, is it the answer choices or what?

Jeffort

Re: LG Relative Difficulty Question

Postby Jeffort » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 am

The pattern of the composition of difficulty of the four games in the scored section for each given test form consistently shifts in unpredictable patterns test by test and year by year.

I wish there was a better answer but there is not. A computer program based on tons of crazy psychometric math formulas and stuff assembles each test form from the available item bank (ready to go pre-tested questions and sections) and purposely includes some randomness in selections for the composition of sections and full test forms.

Bottom line, it is not predictable in the way you are wanting it to be.

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 am

Jeffort wrote:The pattern of the composition of difficulty of the four games in the scored section for each given test form consistently shifts in unpredictable patterns test by test and year by year.

I wish there was a better answer but there is not. A computer program based on tons of crazy psychometric math formulas and stuff assembles each test form from the available item bank (ready to go pre-tested questions and sections) and purposely includes some randomness in selections for the composition of sections and full test forms.

Bottom line, it is not predictable in the way you are wanting it to be.

Fair enough. Note: "wanting" is a little strong. I am hoping to clarify rumors I've heard. Anyway, what you say makes sense.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 am

Modern LG has phased out most of the insane LG found in older tests.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”