LSAT hand scoring Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RackBall

New

LSAT hand scoring

Post by RackBall » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Has anybody had experience with getting your LSAT re-scored by hand? Does it ever yield results? I mean, I know it's a shot in the dark, but I'm just looking for any anecdotes or secondhand stories people might want to share before I send in my $42...

And before somebody says 'retake', it was my 4th attempt. I'm out of retakes.

RackBall

New

Re: LSAT hand scoring

Post by RackBall » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Nothing guys?

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 pm

The only time this makes sense is if you look at your copy of the LSAT and think that the Scantron screwed up an answer.

Is this the case? And if it is, will getting one more question on the test correct actually raise your score? If the answer to both of those questions, I guess it would be worth it.

But if you're just magically hoping that a person hand grading your test will result in a totally random 180, you are SOL.

rbomb

New

Post by rbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Bump

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:11 am

Do you think you misbubbled by offsetting row numbers starting at some point in a section? (meaning you skipped one row or question and consequently bubbled a set of answers all offset by one question number row on the bubble sheet?)

Or, do you think the bubble sheet reader messed up and didn't register your marks and/or got confused by stray marks/answer choices you erased?

FYI, when they hand score a test they do not look at your test booklet/marks you made in it, they only look at your bubble sheet and the info you submit in the hand score request about what you think went wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”