I space out on the first section

Logic STUD

Re: I space out on the first section

Postby Logic STUD » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Last edited by Logic STUD on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Logic STUD wrote:Northwood, I'm very sure that you are incorrect on choosing what order you go in. All sections are 35 minutes, it doesn't matter which one you do first. They are interchangeable. You just have to make sure to do ONE section per each 35 minutes (and no more)

I'll give LSAT a call tomorrow and see if I can get this cleared up.

-LS

People in this forum have gotten in trouble for doing this. You can cal and report tomorrow but I'm almost possible it's not allowed.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Logic STUD wrote:Northwood, I'm very sure that you are incorrect on choosing what order you go in. All sections are 35 minutes, it doesn't matter which one you do first. They are interchangeable. You just have to make sure to do ONE section per each 35 minutes (and no more)

-LS

Give them a call, but i took the test in october, and you have to work in order. YOu must start with section 1 and proceede in order. There is a built in break after section 3 and they take the tests and your answers. Once time is up with the section you cant go back to it. If you do- you will be written up, and possibly kicked out of the test. This will have severe consequences and negatively impact your admissions cycle. Any other poster on here will say the same thing.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

mac35352 wrote:

-LS

People in this forum have gotten in trouble for doing this. You can cal and report tomorrow but I'm almost possible it's not allowed.

YOU CANNOT WORK OUT OF ORDER!!!!!!! IT PLAINLY SAYS THAT EVERYWHERE ON THE TEST BOOKLET. I am sure it is in the rules on LSAC too.

Please delete your comments, Stud so no one reads these things and tries it in the exam room. You cannot work out of order. You cannot work out of order. Also, write that a hundred times on the chalkboard.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Replacing all my previous responses with images as a reminder to everyone else to play nice.

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 pm

I seriously doubt Stud is being serious from his tone

Logic STUD

Postby Logic STUD » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Ugh

I'll call tomorrow to make sure. But if that's true that's pretty messed up. Not only does it not make a difference, but some people (like me) have been practicing not knowing that. I may lose my mind on the phone with LSAT tommorow. sigh

Thanks for the information. @northwood @mac @swc @schopenhauer

-LS

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

swc65 wrote:
mac35352 wrote:

-LS

YOU CANNOT WORK OUT OF ORDER!!!!!!! IT PLAINLY SAYS THAT EVERYWHERE ON THE TEST BOOKLET. I am sure it is in the rules on LSAC too.

Please delete your comments, Stud so no one reads these things and tries it in the exam room. You cannot work out of order. You cannot work out of order. Also, write that a hundred times on the chalkboard.

THIS

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 pm

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Logic STUD wrote:Ugh

I'll call tomorrow to make sure. But if that's true that's pretty messed up. Not only does it not make a difference, but some people (like me) have been practicing not knowing that. I may lose my mind on the phone with LSAT tommorow. sigh

-LS

OPs issue is with the first section he does. If it was section 5 or 1 it wouldnt make a difference.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 pm

northwood wrote:
Logic STUD wrote:Ugh

-LS

OPs issue is with the first section he does. If it was section 5 or 1 it wouldnt make a difference.

Extactly. It's a bit of anxiety. Not numerical paranoia

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 pm

On the bright side, at least the OP has identified her problem. I'll stop talking above your head now. Are you having a problem with any specific nature of problems? I'm not talking strengthen/weaken/flaw/etc., but rather the language of the question. For example, I don't get anxiety from the first section of the test. Rather, I get it from zoning out while reading particularly dense questions (especially scientific or financial questions...zzzzzz). Have you noticed anything like that? On the other hand, are you having problems with all of them in general, even the ones that should be exceptionally easy?

Logic STUD

Postby Logic STUD » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05 am

Last edited by Logic STUD on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 am

Y'all got trolled.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 am

sundance95 wrote:Y'all got trolled.

No doubt.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:21 pm

mac35352 wrote:

No doubt.

At least stud didn't start a thread about petitioning LSAC to let you do the sections in whatever order like the user that made the thread about trying to get LSAC to remove the LG section because of it being unfair and unrelated to law school or being a lawyer.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Jeffort wrote:
mac35352 wrote:

No doubt.

At least stud didn't start a thread about petitioning LSAC to let you do the sections in whatever order like the user that made the thread about trying to get LSAC to remove the LG section because of it being unfair and unrelated to law school or being a lawyer.

LOL, has this happened? I wouldn't be surprised.
I am going to call them as ask them to make up a different section to replace the second LR. Why have two LRs when they could be testing us in a whole different area, like math or something. Let's see what they say about that.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

I've seen a couple of those threads. They never end well.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm

"I'm going to SUE you because I'll be a LAWYER soon"

Not if you don't study LG, you won't

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:55 pm

incompetentia wrote:"I'm going to SUE you because I'll be a LAWYER soon"

Not if you don't study LG, you won't

absolutely right

Logic STUD

Postby Logic STUD » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 pm

swc65

Postby swc65 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 pm

You may be right. :x

Upton Sinclair

Postby Upton Sinclair » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:10 pm

incompetentia wrote:I'm relatively sure that the experimental section is almost never S1.

Don't think this is true. For me, at least, S1 was the experimental (June '10).

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:51 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:On the bright side, at least the OP has identified her problem. I'll stop talking above your head now. Are you having a problem with any specific nature of problems? I'm not talking strengthen/weaken/flaw/etc., but rather the language of the question. For example, I don't get anxiety from the first section of the test. Rather, I get it from zoning out while reading particularly dense questions (especially scientific or financial questions...zzzzzz). Have you noticed anything like that? On the other hand, are you having problems with all of them in general, even the ones that should be exceptionally easy?

I encounter this problem on the first section only. I freak out during the first questions and this are usually easier than the 10s. I'm revising my preptest now and I got the most simple main point question in LSAT history...still got it wrong!
I realized than on RC I spent longer on the science passage than with the other ones so I will leave it for last during the test. I have tried this in the last 3 preptests and it helps. I finish all my questions this way compared to the preptest I did before where I couldn't finish the last passage because I would get too overwhelmed with the science passage and it will show on the next passage as well. I haven't had that problem in the past 3 preptests so I will continue doing this. I would recommend doing this for LR as well if you are good at bubbling out of order. I do my practices on answer sheets and intentionally skip a few questions and go back to them in the end to see if I am able to move around questions and still bubble correctly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”