questions regarding law school acceptance

Asebinop

questions regarding law school acceptance

Postby Asebinop » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Do law schools place any emphasis on double majoring or in-major GPAs? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

Re: questions regarding law school acceptance

Postby OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Asebinop wrote:Do law schools place any emphasis on double majoring or in-major GPAs? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

From what I understand, a double major would be considered a soft factor, but it would not be a primary consideration in any law school's admission process. Also, I am not sure that law schools even see your in-major GPA, only your LSDAS GPA. If anybody has something to add/clarify to what I have said, please do.

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Depends what the double major was in. If you were a literature and business administration major, they probably don't care. If you were an organic chemistry and quantummolecularnanobioengineering major, then they probably cut you some slack.

Obv, this will be elsewhere on your application as LSDAS (or whatever it's called now) won't report it as part of your GPA.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:30 pm

EarlCat wrote:Depends what the double major was in. If you were a literature and business administration major, they probably don't care. If you were an organic chemistry and quantummolecularnanobioengineering major, then they probably cut you some slack.

Obv, this will be elsewhere on your application as LSDAS (or whatever it's called now) won't report it as part of your
GPA.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”