For those of you who scored 170+

Re: For those of you who scored 170+

Postby robotclubmember » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:I wouldn't tell people to follow my regime, because all I did was go through the Powerscore LG bible and took 20 tests under actual conditions. However, I do believe that the #1 thing you can do is to chill out before the test. 3 days before, I completely stopped doing anything related to the LSAT. The day before, I went by the test center to check out the parking/making sure I knew how to get there. Then I played a game of golf and watched a movie. I stayed in a hotel the night before, made sure to ask for the quietest room they had, and got a good night's sleep. Got up, went to Bojangles for a champion's breakfast (a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, an order of biscuits and gravy, and iced tea), did a logic game, and drove to the center.

Also, I suggest you look for center friend's first take was utterly ridiculous- the center had one clock for 4 class rooms, the proctors screwed up the timing and gave the wrong directions, and location was extremely noisy.

I think the test center and your mindset on test day are huge variables that could easily make a +5 or -5 difference. The value of months of hard studying can be diminished pretty hard by being burnt out or poorly rested on test day, or picking a test center that ended up having construction outside or shitty chairs and AC.

Props on handle/avatar btw

Postby pilchc » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:24 pm

I practiced 6 days a week. For three of those days I took timed practice tests, and for the other three days I studied strategy (for a half hour or so) and reworked problems I had missed.

I did this for two months, and my average PT score went from 158 to 170.

For the four days before the test I didn't practice at all and I tried to keep my mind off the test. I got a 173, which was higher that my recent PT scores. I credit that to being well rested and a little bit lucky.

edgarfigaro wrote:I do believe that [b]the #1 thing you can do is to chill out before the test.

Postby minnesotasam » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Its been mentioned but taking the time to slowly review wrong answers (and even right answers that you felt unsure of) is hugely useful. Figuring out why an answer is wrong helps a lot because you find yourself ruling out incorrect answers much faster, saving you time and energy.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”