LSAT addendum for LSAT prep professionals?

suspicious android

LSAT addendum for LSAT prep professionals?

Postby suspicious android » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm

I generally dislike the idea of LSAT addenda but reading interviews with law school admissions people it seems like they really want one if you have a statistically significant increase. I have gone from 173 to 177 and I'm wondering what if anything I should say. I feel like having taught this test for 1+ years is like the elephant in the room, I'm not sure I should write anything without at least briefly mentioning it. I also don't want to say "oh, trust me, the 177 is the real me, ignore anything else", because the real reasons I underperformed compared with my expectations is just the stress of test day and a slight disruption during one section. I don't want to sound like I can't handle stress (although it's not like I am trying to explain a huge drop), so... I don't know. I also feel, and I'm not sure I want to get into this, that teaching the LSAT in front of live classes has made me a much more precise and critical thinker, so it's not something I want to be apologetic about. So--

Addendum or no?
Mention LSAT prep job in addendum?
Mention stress or other factors?

Edit: might be wrong forum, sorry, feel free to move
Last edited by suspicious android on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Re: LSAT addendum for LSAT prep professionals?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm

If you can live with a 175, then just ask them to please average your scores since you had one "bad" test day & one good test day.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:24 pm

no

polevaulter

Postby polevaulter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:43 pm

No

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm

TommyK wrote:no

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”