Lsat two years rule

oakinwind

Lsat two years rule

Postby oakinwind » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 am

we are supposed to take LSAT three time at most in two years. My question is whether "security cancel" also counts as a time? (I handed cell phone to proctor before test, but later was dislodged...so even didn't finish the test)

Jack Smirks

Re: Lsat two years rule

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:32 pm

oakinwind wrote:we are supposed to take LSAT three time at most in two years. My question is whether "security cancel" also counts as a time? (I handed cell phone to proctor before test, but later was dislodged...so even didn't finish the test)

What the hell does this even mean? What is a "security cancel" and what is all this nonsense about your cell phone?

jump_man

Postby jump_man » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:42 pm

You could always call LSAC and ask them . . .

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Yes, the test you sat for that LSAC canceled the score from ('security cancel' means LSAC decided to cancel the score, not the candidate and did so for violation of the test day/test center rules that prohibit bringing cell phones into the test center) counts as one of the 3 times you are allowed to take it in the previous 2 years time window.

Of course, if you have maxed out your 3 takes there is a possibility of getting a waiver to be able to take it again. You just have to get a law school to write a letter to LSAC giving you permission to take it again.

If you take it again, leave your cell phone in the car or at home and only bring in your regulation zip lock bag with only approved items inside it. (and for $hits and giggles, throw a few condoms in your clear ziplock bag so that nosy students checking out other peoples bags will see them and think you are super confident about how test day will go! Condoms would fall under the allowed 'personal health/hygiene' products you can bring in your ziplock bag)

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Jeffort wrote: for $hits and giggles, throw a few condoms in your clear ziplock bag so that nosy students checking out other peoples bags will see them and think you are super confident about how test day will go! Condoms would fall under the allowed 'personal health/hygiene' products you can bring in your ziplock bag)

:lol:

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:36 pm

@jump-man: How can he call LSAC if they took his phone ?

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:57 am

Jeffort wrote: Of course, if you have maxed out your 3 takes there is a possibility of getting a waiver to be able to take it again. You just have to get a law school to write a letter to LSAC giving you permission to take it again.

I've never met anyone who's tried this and failed. Just cast a wide net, and ask a number of schools.

oakinwind

Postby oakinwind » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks a lot, guys! I am going to rewrite in June, Hope it works out

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 pm

bp colin wrote:
Jeffort wrote: Of course, if you have maxed out your 3 takes there is a possibility of getting a waiver to be able to take it again. You just have to get a law school to write a letter to LSAC giving you permission to take it again.

I've never met anyone who's tried this and failed. Just cast a wide net, and ask a number of schools.

4th Time Retake Instructions:

Step 1. Make sure that school is on your applications list on LSAC.org
Step 2. Call LSAC asking for a fax # to which to send this special 4th time permission.
Step 3. Email that school's admissions office asking for a written permission/authorization (phrasing doesn't matter) to take it again.
Step 4. Call LSAC several days later, asking if they got the fax from the school. If not, contact the school again. If yes, they can sign you up via phone (not online) for the LSAT.
Step 5. Make a hole in a box
Step 6. Put your junk in the box
Step 7. Make her open the box.

jump_man

Postby jump_man » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:45 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@jump-man: How can he call LSAC if they took his phone ?

Hahaha - well played CanadianWolf . . .

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”