Here's my study plan

Here's my study plan

Postby nolasaints09 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:37 pm

I bought the Princeton Review LSAT prep book and 20 official tests from LSAC. I started on March 1 and plan to work through the book and take the tests over the next 13 weeks in preparation for the June 6 test. I've been getting a solid two hours to three hours per day with the book, but I won't have my tests until March 11. Is this a good study plan? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Here's my study plan

Postby aspire2more » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Make sure you do not just mindlessly take test after test. Familiarity with it is key and some people do well with the "take a billion tests in a row" strategy, but I advise against it. I believe that if you are going to take a practice test, you should also budget time to review that test and all of the answers to see where you went wrong. If you will have time to do that for all 20 tests within your current study plan, then you should be in great shape. Otherwise, cut out a couple of the tests so that you have more time to review them while not neglecting your studying from the PR book.

I bought one of those 10 Real LSAT books, but I didn't like it because there were no accompanying explanations for why answer choices were correct or incorrect. I learned a lot more when I had the explanations because I could not only figure out why my wrong choices were wrong, but also why I got some questions right but for the wrong reasons (not a reliable strategy for test day!). If you have access to explanations, you should take the time to review them within a day or two of taking the practice test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”