Questions About Hand Scoring Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
laworbustttt

New

Questions About Hand Scoring

Post by laworbustttt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Has anyone ever requested a hand score request? How long did it take to receive a response back? Was it by email or regular mail? Are there any users who have successfully gotten their score changed? And in addition to the letter, the LSAC website says I'm suppose to send a copy of my LSAT Score Report. Do I just wait until this is accessible online and print it out?

I just received my Feb result and I'm completely shocked. I scored several points below my minimum expectation and 10 points below my PT average. I could have misbubbled or there could've been problems with the erasor, I'm just not sure. I'm just so shocked and don't know what to think right now. I thought I did very well on the February administration, at least A LOT better then December and I walked out thinking I did terrible on that test.

drmguy

Silver

Re: Questions About Hand Scoring

Post by drmguy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:15 pm

I did a hand scoring request and I had a legitimate reason. On my scantron there was a light mark that caused one of the answers to register as if I bubbled two in. It took about two weeks and they didn't give me the extra point.

The hand scoring request seems like an act of desperation in most cases and it never results in a better score. I had a scantron with a stray mark and they didn't even fix that.

BTW, they said they graded the actual scantron but to me that seems like a logistical nightmare and I have a feeling they just print out the scanned copy and hand grade that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”