Has anybody used LSAT Blog's guides? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
OnlyLivingBoyinNY

New

Has anybody used LSAT Blog's guides?

Post by OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 pm

I have gone through the LGB and LRB, and I now have three months to study using actual LSAT practice tests. What would be the advantage of using a guide offered by LSAT blog versus just sifting through the materials myself? Have any of you found the guides to be significantly better than a disciplined self-study regimen?

obriennf

New

Re: Has anybody used LSAT Blog's guides?

Post by obriennf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm currently going through one of the guides now. I find it very helpful -- mostly because all the planning has been taken care of, and I just need to do what it says. Less focus on meta-studying (how and what I should be studying) and more focus on actual studying. I like that specific problems are listed.

Nonetheless, Steve uses the LGB and LRB throughout the guides, so it might be redundant to use one if you've already gone through them. I don't think it would necessarily hurt -- there's nothing wrong with reinforcement -- but you might find it redundant. At this point, if you're confident about the material in the LGB and LRB, then it might be beneficial to start examining real PT's.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm going to begin the six month plan (I picked up the premium day-by-dayo one) in April. If you've already read the the bibles some the plan might be redundant obviously, but I can't see how it could hurt. He provides some excellent materials of his own on the page as well. Maybe just use it as a frame of reference, no need to reread sections of the bibles entirely but at least a quick review. Just my .02 though.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Yes. I followed his three month guide and it really helped me with logic games.

His (Steve) advice is solid and there are a lot of great resources on his site. Read through everything if youre struggling with questions.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

New

Post by OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks gdane, emarxnj, and obriennf for your thoughts. I think that I will invest in the guide. Hopefully, it will be beneficial to my study plan. Are you guys following it precisely or just using it as a general study plan?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 am

You needn't pay for the day by day. The free weekly guides are the same stuff, and you can figure out how to spread the week's assignments out yourself :-)

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:02 am

OnlyLivingBoyinNY wrote:Thanks gdane, emarxnj, and obriennf for your thoughts. I think that I will invest in the guide. Hopefully, it will be beneficial to my study plan. Are you guys following it precisely or just using it as a general study plan?

As I said, I bought the day by day one, so I will be following to a T, but I find I benefit the most from stricter guidelines. I'm sure you could just follow it loosely and do well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”