3 months enough time?

3 months enough time?

Postby uceye » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey TLS,

Long-time troller of the forums,

I recently graduated college in June 2010, and I've been holding a job since then. I took the LSAT in Feb of last year and got a 166 (2 months of misguided prep). Seeing that I will be a splitter (GPA= 3.4x from a big state u) and have a desire to attend a T18 (USC and up), I'll probably be needing a score of 170+

I haven't really looked at anything LSAT related since I last took the test. I just bought the bibles and have most of the released PTs. Is 3 months enough time to learn the new strategies? (Ill be able to devote 15-20 hours a week to this sucker) :)

I've looked at the LSAT blog 3-month schedule and pithypike's blog. I just want to know if I'll be pressed for time.

Re: 3 months enough time?

Postby gggrra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I think if you're disciplined and stick to the 15-20 hour a week study schedule, 3 months should be plenty of time to prepare. I basically read the powerscore bibles and took almost all of the released PT's to study. There are something like 50-60 practice tests and it should take roughly 3-3.5 hours to complete each with grading and reviewing wrong answers meaning you'll do 5 PT's a week for 13 weeks or so. I think as long as you commit the 15-20 hours per week, you should be pretty well prepared.

Just took the Feb test, so I don't know how well it prepared me (I'm guessing 173 +/-3).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”