sch6les

Postby sch6les » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mj23

Re: There are 69 preptests; which ones are useless to study?

Postby mj23 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 pm

First things first, im very surprised that no one mentions it on here. if you know how to use torrentz, u can download all the preptests from there for free. (if u dont know how to use it, just google it. not difficult at all)
secondly, they are are all useful. i would say that the more recent ones are better to study off of, in terms of having the reading comp comparitive passages, and in how the logic games are structured (the more recent ones tend to be four of relatively same difficulty. not saying they are all the same, but they tend to be not as huge a gap in difficulty between the four, as say you would find in the first 20-30 prep tests.)
Additionally, the LSAT stopped using double the pleasure sometime around 2003 or so, so the more recent ones would not have that.
that said, you have an awful lot of time till june (or october) and if you plan on seriously studying for it, you would probably want to go through every lsat. they have remained remarkably similar over time, and all will be helpful.

Lastly, if you search the forum, i know that there are previous posts in which your question has been answered (probably hundreds) so you can get another opinion from them.

Good luck!!

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

sch6les wrote:Throughout the years the RC, LR and LG have evolved on the preptests. I know, for example, that many of the LG types on the earlier preptests (1-10, say) no longer appear on current tests.

So, in your opinion, is it useful to buy all 69 preptests? Or should I skip out buying the first 20, for example, because they are now irrelevant?

I just want to know which ones I can avoid buying. Thanks.

Don't be lazy.

sch6les

Postby sch6les » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 pm

mj23 wrote:First things first, im very surprised that no one mentions it on here. if you know how to use torrentz, u can download all the preptests from there for free. (if u dont know how to use it, just google it. not difficult at all)

legal ethics ftl :(

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 pm

You can get electronic copies of all 62 numbered PTs for $200. Why risk anything by torrenting? It's not even remotely justifiable.
Last edited by joebloe on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm

joebloe wrote:You can get electronic copies of all 62 PTs for $200. Why risk anything by torrenting? It's not even remotely justifiable.

$200

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Anyone else see this post and immediately think "How long have you been beating your wife?"

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:14 pm

mj23 wrote:First things first, im very surprised that no one mentions it on here. if you know how to use torrentz, u can download all the preptests from there for free. (if u dont know how to use it, just google it. not difficult at all)
secondly, they are are all useful. i would say that the more recent ones are better to study off of, in terms of having the reading comp comparitive passages, and in how the logic games are structured (the more recent ones tend to be four of relatively same difficulty. not saying they are all the same, but they tend to be not as huge a gap in difficulty between the four, as say you would find in the first 20-30 prep tests.)
Additionally, the LSAT stopped using double the pleasure sometime around 2003 or so, so the more recent ones would not have that.
that said, you have an awful lot of time till june (or october) and if you plan on seriously studying for it, you would probably want to go through every lsat. they have remained remarkably similar over time, and all will be helpful.

Lastly, if you search the forum, i know that there are previous posts in which your question has been answered (probably hundreds) so you can get another opinion from them.

Good luck!!
what's that?

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:29 pm

HarlandBassett wrote:

Good luck!!
what's that?

the questions where a single stimulus has two questions about it.

BrianGriffintheDog

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't think there is such thing as "useless" ones, but rather some are considered more important than others. Earlier ones (like before 20s) will probably give you a good sense of what kinds of questions or the kind of mentality that is required in writing the LSAT. With that being said, the later ones are probably more relevant and consistent in terms of their question styles. From what I heard, different companies have taken on the the task and contracted to come up with LSAT questions over the years, so there should a little bit of diversity. Generally, it's better to leave the later ones for later (say 50s to 60s) after you've mastered the basics using the previous PTs and whatnot.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

BrianGriffintheDog wrote:I don't think there is such thing as "useless" ones, but rather some are considered more important than others. Earlier ones (like before 20s) will probably give you a good sense of what kinds of questions or the kind of mentality that is required in writing the LSAT. With that being said, the later ones are probably more relevant and consistent in terms of their question styles. From what I heard, different companies have taken on the the task and contracted to come up with LSAT questions over the years, so there should a little bit of diversity. Generally, it's better to leave the later ones for later (say 50s to 60s) after you've mastered the basics using the previous PTs and whatnot.

This. It depends how many tests you're doing/how much time you have. Some people insist upon taking all of them. I, for one, only took about 23 (give or take a couple). If you have time to do all of them, do them, and learn and improve from each one, no matter how out of date it may seem come the later tests. If you don't do all of them, cut out the super old ones first.

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:27 pm

mj23 wrote:in how the logic games are structured (the more recent ones tend to be four of relatively same difficulty. not saying they are all the same, but they tend to be not as huge a gap in difficulty between the four, as say you would find in the first 20-30 prep tests.)
!

Can a few people confirm or deny this. I am still in the 1-38 territory and agree that there is usually 1 easy game, 1 hard game and 2 in the middle. Is it fair to say that the last 5 or 6 tests (say 57 to now) have had games that were more even in their difficulty?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”