June LSAT Timing for Previous Test Takers

elisedfra

June LSAT Timing for Previous Test Takers

Postby elisedfra » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:55 pm

My question is for previous June LSAT takers. I want to know if the test was proctored fairly quickly after 12:30pm or much later? On LSAC's website they say to be prepared for the test day to take up to 7 hours. This worries me a little in the sense that I have been taking my practice tests earlier in the morning, and I wonder if there are LSAT experiences where the late afternoon test really affected peoples' focus and energy levels? I notice other LSAT gurus mentioning how diet/good breakfast can go a long way for brain function on test day, but I'm sure this also is only as effective as to when you're actually able to have your fuel before the test. Relaying your June LSAT experiences will be tremendously helpful in figuring this out.

Thanks for your time!

bp colin

Re: June LSAT Timing for Previous Test Takers

Postby bp colin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I'd say the majority of centers have you starting section 1 sometime between 1:00 and 2:15. You can get a nightmare situation where you don't start until way later, but that's usually when the test is being given in some gigantic hotel ballroom or something, where they have a million people to keep track of.

As we get closer to June, you should start taking your tests in the early afternoon, so that you become acclimated to the time. You'll also be able to experiment and figure what works best in terms of when you wake up, what you eat and when you eat it, etc.

iacedthelsat

Postby iacedthelsat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:01 pm

There's data on this here: http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

If your test center is on there, then look for answers to: "How long did it take between the scheduled test time and when you actually started testing"

elisedfra

Postby elisedfra » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:52 am

Wow, great resource. Thank you for both of your responses. very helpful!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”