DC area tutor

Tommy

DC area tutor

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I am planning to take the June LSAT and I am looking for a private tutor in the DC area who is not looking for me to finance their house lol. Any recommendations? I prefer a ''battle tested" tutor. I am willing to pay $35per hour.

mac35352

Re: DC area tutor

Postby mac35352 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Tommy wrote:I am planning to take the June LSAT and I am looking for a private tutor in the DC area who is not looking for me to finance their house lol. Any recommendations? I prefer a ''battle tested" tutor. I am willing to pay $35per hour.

If you find him/her let me know, the rates are 100+/hr.

barnum

Postby barnum » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 pm

To expand on what mac35352 said, you are going to have problems finding both a "battle tested" tutor and a cheap tutor. Usually you get one or the other. You can definitely go on Craigslist and find less expensive options, but the quality you want may not be there. Not that expense equals quality, but usually the better instructors are going to charge more for their services.

If you are trying to keep things on a budget, have you considered a course offering. Hour for hour, this is the best bang for your buck. With some of the local DC companies, you also get small class sizes so it may not be private tutoring, but you will still get a lot of personal attention.

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:26 am

You won't find a good tutor for $35 unless they're ascetic. Sorry to break the news.

Griffon Prep is probably your best bet in DC.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”