Question about the LSAT

CP2323

Question about the LSAT

Postby CP2323 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:20 pm

I have been told to retake. (Of course since that is the common but correct response :P )

I scored a 157 with no practice at all and unfortunately took a February (2010) test so I didn't even get to see what sections I did poorly on.

I am trying to find out from people who also scored around that level. If they then studied what they studied and how successful they were in scoring a 170+.

Historically I have always been an excellent test taker. Scored a 750 on the verbal for SAT (1450 overall, dating myself since 1600 was the top score) but I wonder if I can increase my score very much since I am older (32) and have been out of undergrad for quite awhile.

benito

Re: Question about the LSAT

Postby benito » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't know how you can sit for a test like the LSAT with "no practice at all". I can't fathom the thought process that leads to taking such an action but the answer to your question is yes if you started with a cold 157 you can get into the 170's with practice. My first practice test I got a 158 and that was after some exposure to the test. Not gonna make any predictions about February but I was scoring in the mid 170's on PT's immediately before it.

classix

Postby classix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

i scored a 155 with no practice on an LSAT, and also got a 750 verbal SAT

I don't know if your age means anything, but since we have similar stats you can definitely get in the mid 160s if you pull your head out of the sand just a bit. Seriously, that's how it feels when you start to score higher.

As far as 170+, there are some people that just cannot get there, no matter how much studying.

15+ jumps in points arent unheard of though, just very very unlikely

CP2323

Postby CP2323 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 pm

benito wrote:I don't know how you can sit for a test like the LSAT with "no practice at all". I can't fathom the thought process that leads to taking such an action but the answer to your question is yes if you started with a cold 157 you can get into the 170's with practice. My first practice test I got a 158 and that was after some exposure to the test. Not gonna make any predictions about February but I was scoring in the mid 170's on PT's immediately before it.

It was a mistake to take it cold. I was still in graduate school and my school was one of the test centers for the test. So I signed up and decided to try it out just to see.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”