Anyone studying NOW for next Octobers LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Easy-E

Platinum

Re: Anyone studying NOW for next Octobers LSAT?

Post by Easy-E » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:40 pm

ldo5014 wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
KevinP wrote:Count me in. I won't actually do any studying until at least after this quarter for school ends.
Yepp, I'm delaying until my hardest month (March) is over. No sense in neglecting your GPA for LSAT prep. But its close 8)
Do you guys think completing just the Superprep before May and studying intensely from May until October will be enough? I'm getting hammered with my senior research and senior design courses.
Can't see why not, thats still 5 months of solid prep time, plenty it would seem. Another option would be to just wait to start any prep until May instead of breaking for a length of time. Just my opinion though!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Figured I'd give this thread a bump. I was wondering how many people are using the oldest "Actual, Official..." PT book in their prep plan? With shorter prep time I guess there less used, but with 6-7 months of prep time, I don't see any reason they can't be integrated.

I've heard some recommendations to include them as experimental sections when taking full-timed tests, or just using them as timed sections for additional practice. Any thoughts?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sighsigh

Bronze

Post by sighsigh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Lol I bought every single PT (save Dec 95 and Feb 97 which I couldn't find). I'm starting to think I won't be using PT's 1-7.
Last edited by sighsigh on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiccoloA

Bronze

Post by NiccoloA » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 pm

I've been doing what others have been telling me. Working on my reading endurance, familiarizing myself with strategies. I'm going to take my first prep-test next week during Spring Break to get a base for where I'm at naturally.

I've bought the LSAT books (LSAC published) and don't plan on buying Princeton or anything else unless I can be persuaded to go ahead and spend the extra money for books that talk about the LSATs without actually being affiliated with the LSATs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

rebexness wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Figured I'd give this thread a bump. I was wondering how many people are using the oldest "Actual, Official..." PT book in their prep plan?
I am integrating the LG based on type. Also the RC and LR but haven't determined where to input them yet. I am spending March planning.

I was thinking of doing the same. I don't really have a problem with length of exams or whatever work I might be doing, as long as I'm busy (which I will be obviously :) )

I assume you can split LR by type too (weaken, flaw, strengthen, etc) but as far as RC is concerned I'm not sure. There is certainly clear question types, but I can't imagine how to split them up since you'd need the reading sample.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Just wondering what everyones doing who has started studying for the October LSAT already...

ldo5014

New

Post by ldo5014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 pm

emarxnj wrote:Just wondering what everyones doing who has started studying for the October LSAT already...
I'm taking it SUPER slow due to my overwhelming courseload (21 credits of engineering with 3 design projects :cry: ), but I'm reading the Manhattan RC Guide as well as as many Scientific American, Smithsonian, and The Economist magazines as I can find. I figure that Reading Comprehension training doesn't have to be specific to the LSAT; just exposing myself the the style and voice should give me a very solid foundation. I may just be kidding myself, though!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:15 pm

ldo5014 wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Just wondering what everyones doing who has started studying for the October LSAT already...
I'm taking it SUPER slow due to my overwhelming courseload (21 credits of engineering with 3 design projects :cry: ), but I'm reading the Manhattan RC Guide as well as as many Scientific American, Smithsonian, and The Economist magazines as I can find. I figure that Reading Comprehension training doesn't have to be specific to the LSAT; just exposing myself the the style and voice should give me a very solid foundation. I may just be kidding myself, though!
I guess knowing the question types is a good part of it, but certainly developing your reading comp ability in general is of benefit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”