Help on Arguments sections

cardsfan04

Help on Arguments sections

Postby cardsfan04 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 pm

On all of my prep tests I've done really well on logic games, but only mediocre on arguments. I'm getting like 16-18 each take, but would like to be in the 20s consistently, which I think should be easily attainable.

I'm using the Princeton Review's LSAT book, and it seems OK, but I haven't really improved on the arguments much. Are there any other resources that you guys have had success with? Any other suggestions?

gdane

Re: Help on Arguments sections

Postby gdane » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Use the Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible. Everyone, including myself, swears by this book. Use it in conjunction with Kaplan Mastery to practice question types.

Learn the question types and what they ask of you. Always review the questions you did in depth. Ask yourself "Why did I get this wrong", "why did I eliminate the correct answer", "what was it about the wrong answer that enticed me to choose it", etc etc. After a while you will start to pick up on the little nuances inherent in each question type and youll make less mistakes.

Good luck!

bearsfan1

Postby bearsfan1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 pm

gdane wrote:Use the Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible. Everyone, including myself, swears by this book. Use it in conjunction with Kaplan Mastery to practice question types.

Learn the question types and what they ask of you. Always review the questions you did in depth. Ask yourself "Why did I get this wrong", "why did I eliminate the correct answer", "what was it about the wrong answer that enticed me to choose it", etc etc. After a while you will start to pick up on the little nuances inherent in each question type and youll make less mistakes.

Good luck!

Definitely follow this advice. The logical reasoning bible is like 30 bucks and well worth every penny. $30 could mean the difference between getting accepted to your dream school or getting denied by a lower ranked school.

cardsfan04

Postby cardsfan04 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks guys. That's definitely what I will do.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”