Is this possible on the LSAT???? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fdr123

New

Is this possible on the LSAT????

Post by fdr123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm

[MOD EDIT]

Does LSAC really do this and switch the orders of the games/passages??

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Is this possible on the LSAT????

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 pm

There is no guarantee which types of games you'll get or what order they'll be in. Of COURSE they mix it up!

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Really? I've taken the LSAT twice and have never heard of questions/games being mixed up WITHIN a section. I could be wrong, but I thought that only the sections themselves were mixed up...

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 pm

This question is definitely in the right subsection.

fdr123

New

Post by fdr123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

yea i never heard of switching order of games. that seems unfair. what you guys think. do they do really mix orders of games?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fdr123

New

Post by fdr123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 pm

i know its in the wrong section. my bad

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 am

On logic games, there's a lot less certainty regarding order of difficulty. Although the games generally go from easiest to hardest, I've had my last game be easiest in the section, and my first game be the hardest (though this is more rare).

If you don't think you'll be getting above a 166 or so, I suggest spending a minute or so scanning each game and picking which order you want to work them in (although don't get too wrapped up in this). If you're aiming for 167 or above, you pretty much have to get perfect or near perfect on games so just do 'em in order.

jwrash

Bronze

Post by jwrash » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 am

Man, I wish my female friends knew what a loose sequence game was.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:54 am

zomginternets wrote:On logic games, there's a lot less certainty regarding order of difficulty. Although the games generally go from easiest to hardest, I've had my last game be easiest in the section, and my first game be the hardest (though this is more rare).

If you don't think you'll be getting above a 166 or so, I suggest spending a minute or so scanning each game and picking which order you want to work them in (although don't get too wrapped up in this). If you're aiming for 167 or above, you pretty much have to get perfect or near perfect on games so just do 'em in order.
I got a 167 with- 9 games so you're wrong!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am

games can definitely be in different orders. In December, people reported having conferences/stained glass 1,2. For me they were 2,3

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:01 am

I've never heard of the order changing between tests. And I can think of very good reasons why the LSAC would not do this. My guess is that your friend is mis-remembering, or you are, or she is fucking with you. Don't worry about it. But yeah - you should take a look at the game and within 30 seconds know if it's gonna' be easy or hard and if it's one of those annoying hybrid games with few early deductions, maybe you should save it for last.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:35 am

I agree that there are good reasons not to do it, but read the December waiting thread and you will find many test takers that are 100% positive of their order of games and at least 2 distinct orders. Believe it. It's not that crazy

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 am

kwais wrote:I agree that there are good reasons not to do it, but read the December waiting thread and you will find many test takers that are 100% positive of their order of games and at least 2 distinct orders. Believe it. It's not that crazy
Sounds like conversion disorder to me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that LSAC has literature on ordering questions and the effect on performance, and thus, I'm pretty sure that this couldn't happen, unless they were to treat it like a completely different test.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Sandro wrote:
zomginternets wrote:On logic games, there's a lot less certainty regarding order of difficulty. Although the games generally go from easiest to hardest, I've had my last game be easiest in the section, and my first game be the hardest (though this is more rare).

I got a 167 with- 9 games so you're wrong!
+1

I suck at games (it is definitely what brought my score down), but I rocked the LR and RC sections and got a 167

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

1.) this is in the wrong board.
2.) this didn't happen.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 pm

hahahahahahahahaha this is the dumbest post ever. "if you think you're gonna get a 165, you should triage. if you think you're gonna get a 167, do them in order. if you are aiming for a 167 (which is still FOURTEEN WRONG) you need to get them ALL right in the games section!"

are you fucking serious.

also, FTR, at least on my LSAT, the difference between a 165 and a 167 was 3 questions out of 101.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 pm

kwais wrote:I agree that there are good reasons not to do it, but read the December waiting thread and you will find many test takers that are 100% positive of their order of games and at least 2 distinct orders. Believe it. It's not that crazy
+1

I took the October games. 100% sure on my ordering of games. There were many people on TLS who agreed and disagreed on ordering.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

FiveSermon wrote:I took the October games. 100% sure on my ordering of games. There were many people on TLS who agreed and disagreed on ordering.
You mean December? What order do you remember them in? The game is published now, so the "official" order is stained glass second.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

suspicious android wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:I took the October games. 100% sure on my ordering of games. There were many people on TLS who agreed and disagreed on ordering.
You mean December? What order do you remember them in? The game is published now, so the "official" order is stained glass second.
I mean October.

mikstew

New

Post by mikstew » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:17 pm

suspicious android wrote:
If the official order is stained glass second, then it throws the previous poster's comments out the window. I remember with complete certainty that my test placed stained glass 3rd. Fact. I remember the order because I got pissed at the lack of space for the first game, hated the second game, and aced stained glass and the last game.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 pm

I got a 167 on the Oct 2010 LSAT

LG: -6
RC: -4
LR1: -3
LR2: -2

So it's possible with a mediocre LG performance. With that said, I kick myself for not having a better LG strategy.

I heard it's best to do games in this order: 1, 4, 2 or 3.

1st and last are always easier. I found that to be true on both June and Oct 2010 LSAT.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm

nelaw2010 wrote:

So it's possible with a mediocre LG performance. With that said, I kick myself for not having a better LG strategy.

1st and last are always easier. I found that to be true on both June and Oct 2010 LSAT.
Both of these posts are wrong.

First off, the guy who says you have to get perfect on LG for a 167 has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I went -4 or -5 on games, and I scored a 169. This claim is ridiculous, and I almost wish a mod would delete his post.

Second, I agree that the games are usually in order of difficulty, but not always. Every test is different. The bolded section of the second quote is wrong. There is no certain format that LSAC always adheres to with the LSAT. The poster even admits to base this fact on only two tests. Again, ridiculous.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Pricer wrote:
nelaw2010 wrote:

Both of these posts are wrong.

First off, the guy who says you have to get perfect on LG for a 167 has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I went -4 or -5 on games, and I scored a 169. This claim is ridiculous, and I almost wish a mod would delete his post.

Second, I agree that the games are usually in order of difficulty, but not always. Every test is different. The bolded section of the second quote is wrong. There is no certain format that LSAC always adheres to with the LSAT. The poster even admits to base this fact on only two tests. Again, ridiculous.
I went -1 LG -2 RC -2 LR -9 LR lol.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 pm

I got 8 wrong on games (on one game no less) and got a 169. FUCK YOU, STAINED GLASS WINDOWS FOR KEEPING ME OUT OF THE 170s

EDIT: my mistake, i only missed 7 on that one game. I missed one other question in games, though for a total of 8/15 wrong being on the games section. I was PTing anywhere from 0-3 wrong on games. And I was taught to always preview games and reading comp. The order of difficulty for LR is the only predictable one with the 3rd open page always being hardest.
Last edited by crit_racer on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”