Confused Splitter Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Miracle

Silver

Re: Confused Splitter

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
BrianOz1 wrote:I appreciate all of the optimism (UVA, G-town), but I have to see any evidence that would suggest that I would have a decent shot at either of these school.
If you ED'd to either one you'd get in. This would give you a more than decent shot at both. Without ED, possibly in at Georgetown, WL/reject at UVA.

For UVA, you would almost certainly get in with ED and you would certainly NOT get in without it, with a 3.4/170. Trust me, I have a boring job, no life, and I research these things.

other schools like michigan and penn are up in the air. you have a much better chance at michigan though.
LOL!!!!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:19 pm

BrianOz1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
BrianOz1 wrote:I appreciate all of the optimism (UVA, G-town), but I have to see any evidence that would suggest that I would have a decent shot at either of these school.
If you ED'd to either one you'd get in. This would give you a more than decent shot at both. Without ED, possibly in at Georgetown, WL/reject at UVA.

For UVA, you would almost certainly get in with ED and you would certainly NOT get in without it, with a 3.4/170. Trust me, I have a boring job, no life, and I research these things.

other schools like michigan and penn are up in the air. you have a much better chance at michigan though.
In no means am I questioning your research, I am sure you know much more on this topic than I do, but I have seen people from this past cycle with similar numbers to mine not getting in to UVA ED. I was under the impression that they had gotten a little more selective.
They probably ED'd in January or later. ED September 1 and you're golden.

BrianOz1

New

Post by BrianOz1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Miracle wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

LOL!!!!
This is the reaction I was expecting.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

BrianOz1 wrote:
Miracle wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

LOL!!!!
This is the reaction I was expecting.
I thought he was laughing at the fact that I said I had no life and researched this shit.

MIRACLE, COME SETTLE THIS

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:32 pm

paulianaporizkova,

I was laughing at the fact you said "you had no life and researched this shit."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:33 pm

that's what I thought, esp. since he was saying he got in from mich. on down with a 3.1, 170+,
which if it's not real statistical research per se, it at least attests to the fact you have a shot OP

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm

And again regarding your question about retaking the LSAT, going up five points could open up a ton of possibilities

BrianOz1

New

Post by BrianOz1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Miracle, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the "+"?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Miracle wrote:paulianaporizkova,

I knew it!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 pm

feralinfant wrote:And again regarding your question about retaking the LSAT, going up five points could open up a ton of possibilities
Splitters are hard to predict! On LSN you will see all kinds of crazy numbers. With splitters it mostly comes down to individual applications.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 pm

You can get into the schools you want with your current numbers if you ED and do it early in the cycle, next cycle.

5 more points and you probably can get one or more of CCN, especially with an ED. i know lots of people advise against ED, but i really don't mind it because it can give you a great edge if you know you wanna go

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:42 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Miracle wrote:paulianaporizkova,

I knew it!!!!

LOL

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

BrianOz1 wrote:Miracle, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the "+"?
I took it twice.

173-174!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:You can get into the schools you want with your current numbers if you ED and do it early in the cycle, next cycle.

5 more points and you probably can get one or more of CCN, especially with an ED. i know lots of people advise against ED, but i really don't mind it because it can give you a great edge if you know you wanna go
What's CCN? Columbia, Chicago and ...?

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

NYU

BrianOz1

New

Post by BrianOz1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:You can get into the schools you want with your current numbers if you ED and do it early in the cycle, next cycle.

What's your opinion on the Boston schools I mention without a retake? I don't mind ED and UVA is a school I would relocate for.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 pm

BrianOz1 wrote:

What's your opinion on the Boston schools I mention without a retake? I don't mind ED and UVA is a school I would relocate for.
don't give them a second thought. you can do much much better and profit with way better career prospects

edit: unless you are dead set on the area and you can get money from those schools, esp BU which i think is better

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BrianOz1

New

Post by BrianOz1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
BrianOz1 wrote:

don't give them a second thought. you can do much much better and profit with way better career prospects

edit: unless you are dead set on the area and you can get money from those schools, esp
BU which i think is better
I'm currently from the area and like Boston. Since I have no shot at Harvard they are getting strong considerations. The LSAC site gives me less than a 50% chance at BU, hence my pessimistic outlook. Thanks for all your optimism BTW.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 am

paulinaporizkova,

how can one get in GULC yet cannot get in BU? I've seen this often. I've seen people get in at UVA jet get rejectd by Brigham Young?

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 am

Miracle wrote:You'll get in G-town. No doubt about that-unless the rest of your application is horrible.
You really think so? With a 3.3 I don't think that is anywhere close to certain with a 170 (which is GULC median LSAT).

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

Lawquacious wrote:
Miracle wrote:You'll get in G-town. No doubt about that-unless the rest of your application is horrible.
You really think so? With a 3.3 I don't think that is anywhere close to certain with a 170 (which is GULC median LSAT).
Sure he will-considering his application is well put together.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 am

If OP applies September 1st and ED's to either UVa, GULC, Northwestern, Michigan or Duke I bet he will get in, I know a white dude who had a 3.37/170 and got Penn by EDing incredibly early. You can get T14 with your current numbers. If you want BU/BC you can get in with your current numbers regular decision I think.

Moral of the story: ED to your favorite of the above schools early next cycle.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 am

Miracle wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:
Sure he will-considering his application is well put together.
Where are you getting this from? With those numbers (using 3.3) LSP has him at weak consider for GULC.. EA may help chances but thinking that he is a lock if he doesn't screw up the app sounds way too confident to me. Am I missing that OP is URM or something? 170 is often the minimum GULC likes to accept from what I have seen, and that GPA is starting to push it. It sounds like maybe you had a good experience with admissions there, but I don't know that it can be generalized to the extent you are assuming. I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like you are strongly overstating the case for his admission to GULC.

Edit: see next post.
Last edited by 3ThrowAway99 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am

SupraVln180 wrote:If OP applies September 1st and ED's to either UVa, GULC, Northwestern, Michigan or Duke I bet he will get in, I know a white dude who had a 3.37/170 and got Penn by EDing incredibly early. You can get T14 with your current numbers. If you want BU/BC you can get in with your current numbers regular decision I think.

I think maybe I am underestimating the power of a very early ED.. That would be great if you get T14.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 am

SupraVln180 wrote:If OP applies September 1st and ED's to either UVa, GULC, Northwestern, Michigan or Duke I bet he will get in, I know a white dude who had a 3.37/170 and got Penn by EDing incredibly early. You can get T14 with your current numbers. If you want BU/BC you can get in with your current numbers regular decision I think.

ugh. i regret not EDing to Penn

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”