another cancellation question

another cancellation question

Postby clifflee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Have been scoring in the mid-high 170s in PTs, but I got nervous, was short in time on RC and had to rush through take some educated guesses on 2 passages. I'm also not too confident on the LR section that definitely counted (had LR RC LR LR LG). Anyway, I definitely don't think I did as good as I could have and may be looking at anywhere from high 160s-low 170s. I'm worried that a score that low wold count me out for HYS so I'm thinking about canceling. I emailed Harvard about the subject and they responded

"Thank you for your email. Applicants who have chosen to cancel or are absent on the day of the LSAT are asked to submit a brief addendum when applying to provide some background information as to why the applicant was absent or cancelled their score.

An applicant is not reviewed negatively as the result of an LSAT cancellation or absence; however, having some additional information is helpful for the Admissions Committee.
They say it doesn't matter, but the addendum, worries me. I know that I still probably have a good score and might be too greedy, but I'm worried that this may eliminate me from the schools that I'd really like to attend if I don't cancel.

Re: another cancellation question

Postby 2L2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 pm

A cancelation looks better than a 120 thats for sure. If you think you did mostly ok, don't cancel. If you feel you did below a 160, cancel.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”