Princeton Review Essentials Course? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TRex77

New

Princeton Review Essentials Course?

Post by TRex77 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 am

Anyone taken this?

This is the only course offered at my school during the spring (school is kind of in the middle of no where). My options are take this, take an online course, or just study on my own.

Class is 3.5 hrs every Sunday, and a test every 4th wednesday (3 total).

Thoughts?

(searched and didnt find anything on this specific course)

Thanks!

tomwatts

Gold

Re: Princeton Review Essentials Course?

Post by tomwatts » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:51 am

I'd recommend the online course over this (and I say this as a Princeton Review LSAT teacher myself). The Essentials course is our best attempt to take an 84-hour course and cram it down into 28 hours. The results are predictable: we barely have time to cover even the most important topics, there's an obscene amount of homework in between sessions, etc. Essentials is good if you want, well, the essentials. However, the online course — if you put in the real work associated with it — is pretty darn good.

(If there's ever been any discussion of the "Accelerated" course, this is the same thing as the "Essentials" course.)

TRex77

New

Re: Princeton Review Essentials Course?

Post by TRex77 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

tomwatts wrote:I'd recommend the online course over this (and I say this as a Princeton Review LSAT teacher myself). The Essentials course is our best attempt to take an 84-hour course and cram it down into 28 hours. The results are predictable: we barely have time to cover even the most important topics, there's an obscene amount of homework in between sessions, etc. Essentials is good if you want, well, the essentials. However, the online course — if you put in the real work associated with it — is pretty darn good.

(If there's ever been any discussion of the "Accelerated" course, this is the same thing as the "Essentials" course.)
Thanks for the insight.

Yeah I thought it was kind of strange that it was only 3.5 hrs a week. I mean how much can you really teach in 3.5 hrs per week?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”