College of Southern Maryland Testing Center

rht82688

College of Southern Maryland Testing Center

Postby rht82688 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Has anyone taken the LSAT at this testing center in Maryland? If so, how was the experience? Took it last time at the University of Maryland, with pretty awful conditions - freezing room, rude proctors. Can anyone recommend a test center in Maryland? Here are the options I have for June:

Columbia Union College
DC Area Test Center
Bowie State University
Northern Virginia CC -Annandale
Stevenson University
Anne Arundel CC
Johns Hopkins
Morgan State University
McDaniel College
College of Southern Maryland
St. Mary's College

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I plan on staying at a nearby hotel, for whichever center I select, for the June Administration.

hooma

Re: College of Southern Maryland Testing Center

Postby hooma » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

rht82688 wrote:Has anyone taken the LSAT at this testing center in Maryland? If so, how was the experience? Took it last time at the University of Maryland, with pretty awful conditions - freezing room, rude proctors. Can anyone recommend a test center in Maryland? Here are the options I have for June:

Columbia Union College
DC Area Test Center
Bowie State University
Stevenson University
Anne Arundel CC
Johns Hopkins
Morgan State University
McDaniel College
St. Mary's College

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I plan on staying at a nearby hotel, for whichever center I select, for the June Administration.

I took the test at McDaniel in June, 2009. It was ok, but I'm retaking this June and will be going to Bowie to have a larger desk.

See reviews here: --LinkRemoved--

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 pm

rht82688 wrote:Has anyone taken the LSAT at this testing center in Maryland? If so, how was the experience? Took it last time at the University of Maryland, with pretty awful conditions - freezing room, rude proctors. Can anyone recommend a test center in Maryland? Here are the options I have for June:

Columbia Union College
DC Area Test Center
Bowie State University
Stevenson University
Anne Arundel CC
Johns Hopkins
Morgan State University
McDaniel College
St. Mary's College

I took it at Towson (not on your list but maybe it should be). It was sweet because we took it at tables instead of little desks and made it much easier to diagram and everything.

hooma

Postby hooma » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 pm

AreJay711 wrote:

Columbia Union College
DC Area Test Center
Bowie State University
Stevenson University
Anne Arundel CC
Johns Hopkins
Morgan State University
McDaniel College
St. Mary's College

I took it at Towson (not on your list but maybe it should be). It was sweet because we took it at tables instead of little desks and made it much easier to diagram and everything.

Towson isn't available in June :(

I'm assuming rht82688 is taking it then, based on Towson's conspicuous absence.

rht82688

Postby rht82688 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. Towson unfortunately isn't available for the June administration. In fact, many of the usual places that are available in Feb, Oct, Dec aren't available for June. I'm also going off the kaplan test site rater and picking College of Southern MD based on the reviews (excellent rating for desk space - 4.78/5). Bowie State also seems to be a good choice (4.79/5). Sufficient desk space is crucial for the logic games. Here's another good resource for anyone wanting some feedback on test centers:

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Columbia Union College
DC Area Test Center
Bowie State University
Stevenson University
Anne Arundel CC
Johns Hopkins
Morgan State University
McDaniel College
St. Mary's College

NVCC Annandale is full.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”