Retaking in June, Any methods on Retake strategy?

JD=Doctor

Retaking in June, Any methods on Retake strategy?

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Im considering taking the June test

received a 165/166 ...i want to give myself one last shot at the 170+ (was scoring between 169-173 when i got my 166)

My games are solid 0 to -2
LRs1&2 (combined) -4 to -8
RC -4 -9

...i havent opened up anything lsat related in a couple months.
Any advice on outlining my study schedule (i feel pithypikes method is for those less familiar)

Books to improve RC?

LR doesnt seem to ever be a recurring type that i get wrong...

thanks
Last edited by JD=Doctor on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unicorny

Re: Retaking in June, Any methods on Retake strategy?

Postby unicorny » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 am

When you're taking practice tests, it would make sense to put in an 'experimental section' of a past RC or LR so you can get extra practice in each time. I went from missing about 8 in each LR to missing 0-1 by just doing tons of LR and analyzing problems that I missed. That's something I took from browsing these forums; people who improved their scores obsessed over the problems they missed. You can even try splicing up some old PTs and doing 5 straight sections of LR or RC.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

unicorny wrote:When you're taking practice tests, it would make sense to put in an 'experimental section' of a past RC or LR so you can get extra practice in each time. I went from missing about 8 in each LR to missing 0-1 by just doing tons of LR and analyzing problems that I missed. That's something I took from browsing these forums; people who improved their scores obsessed over the problems they missed. You can even try splicing up some old PTs and doing 5 straight sections of LR or RC.

Hmm only 2 posts.... well atleast i know half of them were really good! Thanks! :D

fastforward

Postby fastforward » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 pm

We wrote a blog post about this recently
--LinkRemoved--
I hope this helps.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”