What Time Apprx is the LSAT supposed to Start (Complaint)

June2011

What Time Apprx is the LSAT supposed to Start (Complaint)

Postby June2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Yesterday, the Procter delayed the exam close to an 1hr waiting for a test taker to show up. The test Taker was a Federal Agent and they (proctors) said they got Instructions from LSAC to wait for him and we had to wait for him.

Everyone was checked in and this guy was holding everyone up.

what made things worse is that there was people who had to go the Bathroom and weren't allowed. I know the rules say once we check in we can't go until the exam starts but the wait was ridiculous.

I don't want to sound like whiner since my 1st section(i bombed it and it had some carry over) was the experimental but the wait was tiring, all that adrenaline I had was gone and some of us are geared for X amount of hours anyway

Do I have a Legit Complaint?

The Ticket says show up before 8:30, the exam started 9:45

Knock

Re: What Time Apprx is the LSAT supposed to Start (Complaint)

Postby Knock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 pm

June2011 wrote:Yesterday, the Procter delayed the exam close to an 1hr waiting for a test taker to show up. The test Taker was a Federal Agent and they (proctors) said they got Instructions from LSAC to wait for him and we had to wait for him.

Everyone was checked in and this guy was holding everyone up.

what made things worse is that there was people who had to go the Bathroom and weren't allowed. I know the rules say once we check in we can't go until the exam starts but the wait was ridiculous.

I don't want to sound like whiner since my 1st section(i bombed it and it had some carry over) was the experimental but the wait was tiring, all that adrenaline I had was gone and some of us are geared for X amount of hours anyway

Do I have a Legit Complaint?

The Ticket says show up before 8:30, the exam started 9:45

You don't have a complaint, and starting at 9:45 isn't that bad at all.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

are you serious? i don't think mine started until like noon

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 pm

That's not a terrible delay. It's quite unfortunate though, and I agree about the whole losing adrenaline thing (I had a 2 hour delay just from there being so many test takers last June). Guess it's just luck at that point.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 pm

mine didnt start until 10:30. its not a big deal starting only an hour late dude

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Where have you guys tested that you started so late? Mine started right on time, and we didn't wait for anybody. Only one person didn't show, and they never showed so it wasn't like we screwed them over by not waiting.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 pm

DeeCee wrote:Where have you guys tested that you started so late? Mine started right on time, and we didn't wait for anybody. Only one person didn't show, and they never showed so it wasn't like we screwed them over by not waiting.

Well I tested in a big hotel conference room, hence everyone testing at the site testing at that room (and only one check-in line!) Most of the delay was just from administrative procedures - getting everyone through the door and reading the directions and verifying IDs and all took forever.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
DeeCee wrote:Where have you guys tested that you started so late? Mine started right on time, and we didn't wait for anybody. Only one person didn't show, and they never showed so it wasn't like we screwed them over by not waiting.

Well I tested in a big hotel conference room, hence everyone testing at the site testing at that room (and only one check-in line!) Most of the delay was just from administrative procedures - getting everyone through the door and reading the directions and verifying IDs and all took forever.

We only had about 25 people total take the test at my testing site. Guess I had it lucky (and I'm pretty sure I had a rural site)

kswalters

Postby kswalters » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm

By the time everyone was checked in, seated, and instructions read it was 9:45. In Dec, I didn't start the first section until 10.

That's part of the joys of LSAT. :)

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:30 pm

I was surprised at how unprepared people were when coming to the testing center. One guy was making fun of my zip-lock bag. When we got to the check-in they were not letting anyone in the testing room that did not have their belongings in a zip-lock bag. I made the guy feel bad when I walked him out to my car and got him a bag. I probably counted ten test takers that came into the testing center talking on the phone!! Do people not read the directions on the ticket.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”