Does one score then a cancel look suspicious to adcomms?

Revolver066

Does one score then a cancel look suspicious to adcomms?

Postby Revolver066 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Got a 169 first time around, was PTing higher so I thought I'd take it again. This time the RC was a little tricky, and LG took my way to long and I had to guess on three questions. Think there is a really good possibility I got below a 169 so I'm thinking I should cancel.

My question is though how do Adcomms look at one score, then a cancel? Basically, if I cancel this exam, do I need to take the June exam, or is one score/cancel look ok? Thanks in advance.

northwood

Re: Does one score then a cancel look suspicious to adcomms?

Postby northwood » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 pm

one score and a cancel is fine, donesnt matter where the cancel is ( before or after the test). If youare pretty sure you scored below a 169- then cancel. You dont need to take the test again, because admission people will assume that your best possible score is a 169, and you realized this and decided to let that be your best lsat score.

MrAnon

Re: Does one score then a cancel look suspicious to adcomms?

Postby MrAnon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:43 pm

As long as you aren't dealing with a top school like T6 then they don't care how many times you take the stupid test as long as it raises their LSAT number. Harvard etc doesnt want to let in a dummy because they know it lowers the value of the degree and they can find someone else who did well on one go-round with the test. But your average T1 or T2? They spit out so many grads who can't find jobs that there is no such idea as lowering the value of the degree. Therefore take the test as much as you want but you better raise the schools prospects in US news in doing so.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”