LSAT potential and cancellation

Ktenas

LSAT potential and cancellation

Postby Ktenas » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 am

Last edited by Ktenas on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

holdencaulfield

Re: LSAT potential and cancellation

Postby holdencaulfield » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am

I wouldn't think you scored higher than your range. I never think scores should be canceled, but your circumstances may justify it. You have plenty of time, and it may be worth taking the 4 months and trying to raise your score considering how much it could affect your future. Just realize you may or may not reach your target score.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 pm

if you dedicate the next 4 months to lsat study, get alll of the materials ( powerscore bibles for LR, LG, and RC), get your hands on as many prep tests ( official lsats), and if youd like a prep class or a tutor for someone tohelp you out with weak areas, then its possible to get into the 160s. Granted, you may top out in the high 150's and stay there for a while, but you wont konw for sure until you get to work. Will the 4 months be difficult- yes. You can do it- if you dedicate yourself.

Right now you are at a good sport for June. Keep practicing and see how it goes.

Ktenas

Postby Ktenas » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 am

Awesome, thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Do you know of any other ways I could get better at reading comp(or any section for that matter) besides practice tests and questions. I wanna have something else to do when I'm taking a break from LSAT questions/studying. I don't wanna burnout, I have a lot of free time and willing to spend it all in some way shape or form prepping for this test

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:02 am

Ktenas wrote:Awesome, thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Do you know of any other ways I could get better at reading comp besides practice tests and questions. I wanna have something else to do when I'm taking a break from LSAT questions/studying. I don't wanna burnout

Read other non-lsat material in your free time. I stopped watching tv and read books and business arcticles at night. I think it helped me.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm

This is based solely on my own experience and what I have noticed on my friends who have taken the lsat and not really on what I have read on the forums.
It is possible to improve your score with hard work and dedication. I don't think 8 preptests are enough for someone who started on the 140 like I did. After 3-4 weeks of studying the bibles, taking preptests and going over each question afterwards, I have seen an improvement of 10-14 points.
I believe that with practice you can get a higher score, but you have to be determined to spend the extra time because you started in the lower end of the spectrum.
As for burning out, 3 months of constant studying (assuming you take it in June) for a test that can make a huge difference in your law school application it's not even that much.
I have friends who took a prepcourse and improved 12-26 points. The one who went from 141 to 167 took two prepcourses and studied for 8 months. She later decided to go into nursing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”