Cancel or not?

applepiecrust

Cancel or not?

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm

So I (somewhat stupidly) took the LSAT again today (previous score was 168) because I had never scored under 170 on PTs. However, I did not feel very good about today's test coming out, because I messed up on LG and ended up guessing on 3.

I had felt good coming out of the October test only to actually get the worst score I had ever scored.

I am already in at the school I want to go to, and took it again to see if I would score closer to my PT average of 173. And if I scored higher, perhaps I could try to negotiate scholarships.

Are scores reported to schools that have already accepted you?

Should I cancel? Should I even be trusting my gut feeling? (And I don't really have a "gut" feeling, just 3 LG guesses, and tons of silly mistakes on my previous LSAT administration that make me afraid that might be the case on this one as well).

suspicious android

Re: Cancel or not?

Postby suspicious android » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 pm

You're being neurotic. You can only gain from your score if you're already in, no school is going to pull an offer of admission because of a drop in score.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 pm

suspicious android wrote:You're being neurotic. You can only gain from your score if you're already in, no school is going to pull an offer of admission because of a drop in score.

Yeah, neuroticism is what led me to retake despite T10 admission anyway.

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:06 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
suspicious android wrote:You're being neurotic. You can only gain from your score if you're already in, no school is going to pull an offer of admission because of a drop in score.

mind if you share your stats?

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 pm

lovejopd wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:

mind if you share your stats?

LSAT's in OP, GPA's mentioned in my profile.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”