LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby bigben5289 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

So in my testing room today the proctor forgot to say 5 minutes left for 1 of the sections and instead said 3 minutes left. Also the person next to me was an older person and he was being very disruptive during the test. His stomach was making noises that occur when you have gas and he passed gas once or twice during the text. He also was talking to himself during the test and would say "yes" or "no" when he would flip the page to the next section. He said would say "o no 5 minutes left, how did that happen" when the proctor would say "5 minutes left" Lastly when the proctor said "3 minutes left" instead of 5 he started to freak out and said "5 minutes" really loud and created a big hupla in the room. Overall the dude was throwing me off the entire test.

What should I do? What will happen if I tell LSAC?

I am a junior so if my score is delayed thats fine, I am not applying till next cycle.

User avatar
joebloe
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:02 am

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby joebloe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Your score may be delayed. You will be given the option to cancel. You may have your test fee for the June retake waived if you chose to cancel. If you do not cancel, LSAC may put a note in your record noting that there were unusual circumstances. You will not be given any special information, such as your score, prior to making your cancel decision, and they will not give you any other "accommodations" after the fact.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 pm

best case scenario in this situation is your score will be cancelled and you get a free retake

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby bigben5289 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:49 pm

joebloe wrote:Your score may be delayed. You will be given the option to cancel. You may have your test fee for the June retake waived if you chose to cancel. If you do not cancel, LSAC may put a note in your record noting that there were unusual circumstances. You will not be given any special information, such as your score, prior to making your cancel decision, and they will not give you any other "accommodations" after the fact.


Let me see if I get this right. I tell LSAC and a. option to cancel b. free June retake if I cancel c. if i dont cancel then either the LSAC will do nothing or write a note for my file.

Im thinking that I dont cancel and see what happens.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby lovejopd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:00 pm

bigben5289 wrote:So in my testing room today the proctor forgot to say 5 minutes left for 1 of the sections and instead said 3 minutes left. Also the person next to me was an older person and he was being very disruptive during the test. His stomach was making noises that occur when you have gas and "he passed gas once or twice during the text". He also was talking to himself during the test and would say "yes" or "no" when he would flip the page to the next section. He said would say "o no 5 minutes left, how did that happen" when the proctor would say "5 minutes left" Lastly when the proctor said "3 minutes left" instead of 5 he started to freak out and said "5 minutes" really loud and created a big hupla in the room. Overall the dude was throwing me off the entire test.

What should I do? What will happen if I tell LSAC?

I am a junior so if my score is delayed thats fine, I am not applying till next cycle.


Smells good huh?... :shock:

I read a research that studying in the bath room would help you concentrate on something

so you cannot blame old guy...

Call LSAC and file a complaint ASAP

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby bigben5289 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I am tr
lovejopd wrote:
bigben5289 wrote:So in my testing room today the proctor forgot to say 5 minutes left for 1 of the sections and instead said 3 minutes left. Also the person next to me was an older person and he was being very disruptive during the test. His stomach was making noises that occur when you have gas and "he passed gas once or twice during the text". He also was talking to himself during the test and would say "yes" or "no" when he would flip the page to the next section. He said would say "o no 5 minutes left, how did that happen" when the proctor would say "5 minutes left" Lastly when the proctor said "3 minutes left" instead of 5 he started to freak out and said "5 minutes" really loud and created a big hupla in the room. Overall the dude was throwing me off the entire test.

What should I do? What will happen if I tell LSAC?

I am a junior so if my score is delayed thats fine, I am not applying till next cycle.


Smells good huh?... :shock:

I read a research that studying in the bath room would help you concentrate on something

so you cannot blame old guy...

Call LSAC and file a complaint ASAP


What will happen if I file a complaint?

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: LSAT Testing Problem. What to do?

Postby lovejopd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

bigben5289 wrote:I am tr
lovejopd wrote:
bigben5289 wrote:So in my testing room today the proctor forgot to say 5 minutes left for 1 of the sections and instead said 3 minutes left. Also the person next to me was an older person and he was being very disruptive during the test. His stomach was making noises that occur when you have gas and "he passed gas once or twice during the text". He also was talking to himself during the test and would say "yes" or "no" when he would flip the page to the next section. He said would say "o no 5 minutes left, how did that happen" when the proctor would say "5 minutes left" Lastly when the proctor said "3 minutes left" instead of 5 he started to freak out and said "5 minutes" really loud and created a big hupla in the room. Overall the dude was throwing me off the entire test.

What should I do? What will happen if I tell LSAC?

I am a junior so if my score is delayed thats fine, I am not applying till next cycle.


Smells good huh?... :shock:

I read a research that studying in the bath room would help you concentrate on something

so you cannot blame old guy...

Call LSAC and file a complaint ASAP


What will happen if I file a complaint?


I heard that if they accept yours, you have a option to have a refund or next test free. I am not sure how they handle your Feb exam in terms of 3 per 2 years stipulation. Somebody might help you :shock:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, BobBoblaw, Greenteachurro, jonny27, JoshLyman13, mav1993, mrgstephe and 12 guests