The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

oldmerovingian

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby oldmerovingian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:
oldmerovingian wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:I have so much to do today, but all I want to do is sit here on TLS and see if everyone else is as nervous as I am.

I'm retaking anything lower than a 170 and I had to guess on like 4 questions in both RC and LG so I know that I'll likely be signing my soul over to the June test, but every now and then I get this little niggling "maybe you got a couple of those right and didn't miss very many on LR" and I get my hopes up. My brain then tries to tell me that even if I didn't get any of my guesses correct, the following is a possibility:

LG: -4
LR:-2
LR:-2
RC:-4

Total: -12 for a (hopeful) 170.

The rest of my brain knows it's not going to happen. The rest of my brain knows that I likely got a 163 or something, which would be very disappointing for me, as I was scoring in the 170s for my last like... eight PTs.

I want my score now plz.

So you would delay law school for one year just to score a few points higher?

It wouldn't be a delay for me -- I'm applying next cycle either way. I took the Feb test because I wanted to be able to take the test twice if I had to and still apply September 1st to give myself the best shot at my dream school.

Wow, way to be ahead of the game and prepared! Good luck!

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:52 pm

DelivrMeJust1ce wrote:If the curve is a hypothetical -11, what kind of raw score would it take to hit a 165?

83 or 84. Look at these scoring charts for reference.
--LinkRemoved--

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

risktaker wrote:
The blinds were ridiculous at this point, 1000 SB and 2000 BB, I was BB and had 6000 in chips left after BB, there were 3 guys in front of me. Two of them had like 4000 left and the big stack had like 1000 more than me. I knew that if I only raised, I would be left with barely any chips if the flop did not go my way, so I decided to go all in hoping that they would all fold. Honestly, the guy with the big stack should have folded. He was risking his tourney with AQ when he was guaranteed money if he waited. Unfortunately for me, he called. I should have just showed him my cards and told him to fold. I think if I ever end up that close to a final table again, I am going to do that. Haha, end rant. I hope we both get a 165 and can go get wasted.

You might have looked like you were just buying a round of blinds, a big deal at that point in a tournament. People tend to become overly conservative when they're nearly in the money, that's often a good time to be a little more aggressive; you can win a lot from people just trying to hold onto their chance of doubling their tourney fees. So that's what the guy was probably thinking. Either way, people usually play retardedly loose in $40 tournaments. (not me, I'm so cheap I play like a miser on a pension in $5 online tournaments)

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 pm

suspicious android wrote:
risktaker wrote:
The blinds were ridiculous at this point, 1000 SB and 2000 BB, I was BB and had 6000 in chips left after BB, there were 3 guys in front of me. Two of them had like 4000 left and the big stack had like 1000 more than me. I knew that if I only raised, I would be left with barely any chips if the flop did not go my way, so I decided to go all in hoping that they would all fold. Honestly, the guy with the big stack should have folded. He was risking his tourney with AQ when he was guaranteed money if he waited. Unfortunately for me, he called. I should have just showed him my cards and told him to fold. I think if I ever end up that close to a final table again, I am going to do that. Haha, end rant. I hope we both get a 165 and can go get wasted.

You might have looked like you were just buying a round of blinds, a big deal at that point in a tournament. People tend to become overly conservative when they're nearly in the money, that's often a good time to be a little more aggressive; you can win a lot from people just trying to hold onto their chance of doubling their tourney fees. So that's what the guy was probably thinking. Either way, people usually play retardedly loose in $40 tournaments. (not me, I'm so cheap I play like a miser on a pension in $5 online tournaments)

If you're second in chips with M<3, then there is really very little you can do to influence how the tourney comes out apart from getting good cards. With stacks that small that guy was perfectly correct to get it in with AQ, as was the initial shove with AKs. Shitty suck out though.

mj23

Postby mj23 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm still holding out hope that our scores will be released today. I am flying/ travelling all day tmrw, and don't have a phone with internet. guess i will get suckered into paying 20 bucks for internet on the plane, and in all the airports i have to stop at.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm

mj23 wrote:I'm still holding out hope that our scores will be released today. I am flying/ travelling all day tmrw, and don't have a phone with internet. guess i will get suckered into paying 20 bucks for internet on the plane, and in all the airports i have to stop at.

This. All of it.
Or will random strangers be kind to me? Who knows.

mj23

Postby mj23 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
mj23 wrote:I'm still holding out hope that our scores will be released today. I am flying/ travelling all day tmrw, and don't have a phone with internet. guess i will get suckered into paying 20 bucks for internet on the plane, and in all the airports i have to stop at.

This. All of it.

???????????????????

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm

suspicious android wrote:
risktaker wrote:

Yeah, it was just a bad time for a suck out. Haha, my gf was pissed because she told me that I should have spent that $40 to take her out on a date. Android, where do you play online? I used to play on FTP, but I have become very wary of playing internet poker with all the scamming involved.

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm

It looks like they will not be coming out today! I think the icons would have been gray by now and the batches would have started already!

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

[quote="risktaker]

Yeah, it was just a bad time for a suck out. Haha, my gf was pissed because she told me that I should have spent that $40 to take her out on a date. Android, where do you play online? I used to play on FTP, but I have become very wary of playing internet poker with all the scamming involved.[/quote]

I play at pokerstars, but not because I think it's really the best, just the first one I tried. I'm also wary of online poker, but not too worried since I only play sit and go tourneys for less than $10 buy in. When in Vegas or somewhere else with legal poker, I do love to play a tournament or two.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 pm

mj23 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:

This. All of it.

???????????????????

Let me use THEIR 21st century phones to check my emai/LSAC page.
Eh, I'll probably just check it once right before my ~8:30 pm boarding time. If it's there, it's there.

mj23

Postby mj23 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Maybe im asking a question everyone knows the answer to, but whats the deal with the icons being gray? does it show they are about to come out?

handlesthetruth

Postby handlesthetruth » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 pm

mj23 wrote:Maybe im asking a question everyone knows the answer to, but whats the deal with the icons being gray? does it show they are about to come out?

from my understanding, they turn grey and then your score shows up shortly after that.

anyone know how long it takes after the grey storm to get your score??

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:48 pm

handlesthetruth wrote:
mj23 wrote:Maybe im asking a question everyone knows the answer to, but whats the deal with the icons being gray? does it show they are about to come out?

from my understanding, they turn grey and then your score shows up shortly after that.

anyone know the time frame on how long it takes after the grey storm

Thats when the batches start. Everyones turns gray at the same time. The lucky ones get the scores right after that others have to wait. I had to wait about 6 hours afterwards. Nobody wanted to be around me during those 6 hours. I was a nervous wreck. This time I am a lot more laid back about getting me score!

kswalters

Postby kswalters » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

handlesthetruth wrote:

anyone know the time frame on how long it takes after the grey storm

In December mine turned grey about 20-30 min before my score appeared. I received my score in one of the first batches. Within 45 min of the first score being reported, I received mine. I was lucky.

Dale Cooper

Postby Dale Cooper » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Has anybody managed to put together a playlist featuring only songs with the word grey in the title?

mj23

Postby mj23 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Does your score come up on the LSAC website as soon as it is emailed to you, and vice versa, or is there a lag?

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

mj23 wrote:Does your score come up on the LSAC website as soon as it is emailed to you, and vice versa, or is there a lag?

Lag, I think. LSAC page before email.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

mj23 wrote:Does your score come up on the LSAC website as soon as it is emailed to you, and vice versa, or is there a lag?

Mine came up on the screen first. The email came within the next 45 minutes or so.

kswalters

Postby kswalters » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Pleasye wrote:

Mine came up on the screen first. The email came within the next 45 minutes or so.

+1

handlesthetruth

Postby handlesthetruth » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 pm

wish it was the other way around..

oldmerovingian

Postby oldmerovingian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 pm

handlesthetruth wrote:wish it was the other way around..

I would just be refreshing my email as opposed to the LSAT page. I don't really care where the score comes from, I just want it to come now.

handlesthetruth

Postby handlesthetruth » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 pm

oldmerovingian wrote:

I would just be refreshing my email as opposed to the LSAT page. I don't really care where the score comes from, I just want it to come now.

But then it wouldn't jump out at you when you weren't ready for it...you'd see the subject and sender first, prepare yourself, and then boom.

oldmerovingian

Postby oldmerovingian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:36 pm

handlesthetruth wrote:
oldmerovingian wrote:

But then it wouldn't jump out at you when you weren't ready for it...you'd see the subject and sender first, prepare yourself, and then boom.

Good point...Maybe that would be better.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 pm

handlesthetruth wrote:
oldmerovingian wrote:

agreed

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”