The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

stilles

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby stilles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:45 am

I'm still deciding as to whether I will be refreshing my page constantly on Friday...if I do this and get a dissapointing score, it will only make things worse than if I approach it casually.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:50 am

stilles wrote:I'm still deciding as to whether I will be refreshing my page constantly on Friday...if I do this and get a dissapointing score, it will only make things worse than if I approach it casually.

I'm not going to check until Friday night. I'm traveling a good bit of the day and then will try to focus on other things until bedtime. That way, I can cry myself to sleep and be over it by morning. Hopefully.

spek

Postby spek » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 am

My plan is to keep busy all day Friday, get back home sometime at night and check for my score. If it's not up I'll try to go to bed and wait till the next morning.

Of course this is only a plan and things will probably not go as smoothly. Instead I'll probably be manically checking my phone for the score instead of keeping myself busy in other ways. This does not sound like a good way to keep myself sane :|. I'm pretty scared for Friday.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 am

stilles wrote:I'm still deciding as to whether I will be refreshing my page constantly on Friday...if I do this and get a dissapointing score, it will only make things worse than if I approach it casually.

I did that in October. It's so NOT fun to refresh, scroll down, refresh, scroll down, refresh scroll down, refresh, scroll down and then SHITTY SCORE.

That said, I haven't decided whether I'll be refreshing on Friday :?

stilles

Postby stilles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 am

vissidarte27 wrote:

I'm not going to check until Friday night. I'm traveling a good bit of the day and then will try to focus on other things until bedtime. That way, I can cry myself to sleep and be over it by morning. Hopefully.

Or be ecstatic and jump for joy while you drink fancy champagne and celebrate :)

*Fingers are crossed

stilles

Postby stilles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 am

Pleasye wrote:

I did that in October. It's so NOT fun to refresh, scroll down, refresh, scroll down, refresh scroll down, refresh, scroll down and then [b]SHITTY SCORE[/b].

That said, I haven't decided whether I'll be refreshing on Friday :?

My biggest fear is exactly that...therefore, I think it's safe to say I will approach this in the most nonchalant way possible.

she&him

Postby she&him » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:13 am

spek wrote:My plan is to keep busy all day Friday, get back home sometime at night and check for my score. If it's not up I'll try to go to bed and wait till the next morning.

Of course this is only a plan and things will probably not go as smoothly. Instead I'll probably be manically checking my phone for the score instead of keeping myself busy in other ways. This does not sound like a good way to keep myself sane :|. I'm pretty scared for Friday.

I planned myself a road trip in an attempt to get myself AWAY from the constant refresh. However, it's way more likely I'll just end up refreshing on my phone. Damn technology... and also a lack of self control. Regardless, if things go well the friends I'm visiting that night will be getting rounds and rounds of free drinks.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:15 am

she&him wrote:
spek wrote:My plan is to keep busy all day Friday, get back home sometime at night and check for my score. If it's not up I'll try to go to bed and wait till the next morning.

I planned myself a road trip in an attempt to get myself AWAY from the constant refresh. However, it's way more likely I'll just end up refreshing on my phone. Damn technology... and also a lack of self control. Regardless, if things go well the friends I'm visiting that night will be getting rounds and rounds of free drinks.

Is anybody roadtripping with you? Can you give them your phone and tell them to keep it from you at all costs? That's what I'm doing -- GF gets my phone the second I get off the plane and I won't get it back until the day is done.

cmob

Postby cmob » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:51 am

Last edited by cmob on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

acadec

Postby acadec » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:31 am

8675309 wrote:
spaghetticat wrote:sooo anyone drinking today/tomorrow/right now??

I've been kicking around the 7 dollars all you can drink deal at our local college bar for tomorrow night. Not sure yet.

Whaaaaat i need to find one of these in my area like now.

TexasWave

Postby TexasWave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:45 am

I'm just upset that 3 times I was PTing consistently around 175 and now probably for the third time I'll have failed to hit even 170 on a real test, and will probably be quite a bit lower than that due to having to blind guess on 1/4 of the LG questions for some reason.

Pitcher

Postby Pitcher » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 am

kswalters wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:Who else got that awful email from Florida Coastal this morning with the subject: "LSAT results to be released soon"? How often is that going to happen between now and Friday? o.O

I got it as well. I hate getting trolled by schools. It happened the day the December scores got released (and from Florida Coastal as well).

They did the same thing before the December scores were released. Very annoying.

Considering that UNESCO and Snow plows may have rattled me a little, my overall performance may have been sub-par on the exam. In light of the foregoing, I respectfully elect to refrain from commenting about the Florida Coastal Law mass e-mailing. The senselessness, unprofessionalism, poor judgment and lack of discretion on the part of whoever was responsible for the poorly timed email were clearly in poor taste. Needless to say if I actually performed well answering UNESCO and Snow Plows, I will post what I really think about their action, if not, hello Florida Coastal.

bmili

Postby bmili » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 am

Last edited by bmili on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

iluvkj

Postby iluvkj » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 am

I wasn't really nervous until today. I'm thinking maybe I should turn off email notifications to my phone tomorrow. :|

khlaw

Postby khlaw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:24 am

Why can't the scores be posted JUST ONE DAY early?!

awsiler

Postby awsiler » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:29 am

khlaw wrote:Why can't the scores be posted JUST ONE DAY early?!

This.

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:55 am

Did i miss something? Everyone is so sure about tomorrow. My LSAC email date still says 3-7-11

bmili

Postby bmili » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

Last edited by bmili on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 am

gggrra wrote:
handlesthetruth wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:I used to shoot for a 170. Now I just want something higher than a 160 so as to avoid the embarrassment that comes with a 15X.

At least I have an excuse though-I had bronchitis for like 2 weeks beforehand and then a week later I lost my voice.

Cornell's biglaw placement got a whole lot better...wtf. They went from like 41% to 56%. And wtf Vandy, you went from 48% to 27%.

you gotta remember this year's numbers are likely to be highly anomalous..

anyone else doing just fine/not worried about the lsat and their score until this week? :/

Haha yeah, I was fine until monday night when I decided to check out the TLS forums, and then proceeded to freak the f out...

I was fine until my friend reminded me, now I'm scared as fuck. At least I'm on sick leave from work like, indefinitely-ish.

Postby 8675309 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:02 am

acadec wrote:
8675309 wrote:
spaghetticat wrote:sooo anyone drinking today/tomorrow/right now??

I've been kicking around the 7 dollars all you can drink deal at our local college bar for tomorrow night. Not sure yet.

Whaaaaat i need to find one of these in my area like now.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Rail mixers and domestic taps. It's pretty terrible in a good way. There's another place that's 5 bucks, but it's pretty gross and it's only for chicks.

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am

bmili wrote:
jdl239 wrote:Did i miss something? Everyone is so sure about tomorrow. My LSAC email date still says 3-7-11

Look up previous history of score releases

Well if thats the case, i would say they are coming out today! My December score came back on a Thursday and I think the original email date was for that Monday! We might see some gray icons in a couple of hours, and that will be sure to freak everyone out!

runaround

Postby runaround » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 am

I'm now passing the time by thinking about Schrödinger's LSAT - all our scores are simultaneously both good and bad until the email comes. :)

tennissanta

Postby tennissanta » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 am

jdl239 wrote:
bmili wrote:
jdl239 wrote:Did i miss something? Everyone is so sure about tomorrow. My LSAC email date still says 3-7-11

Look up previous history of score releases

Well if thats the case, i would say they are coming out today! My December score came back on a Thursday and I think the original email date was for that Monday! We might see some gray icons in a couple of hours, and that will be sure to freak everyone out!

I'm at work all day in front of a computer, so I'll dutifully refresh the LSAC page every ~30 minutes and post a screenshot if the icons turn gray.

WhoAmI

Postby WhoAmI » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

T minus 36 hours (or less) until scores come!

Best friend's bachelor party in Vegas this whole weekend! Maybe a high LSAT score will impress the lovely ladies at Sapphire. Or not.

On my last 15 prep tests I scored 171-179... On this test, I'll be satisfied with a 170, happy with a 173, and jumping for joy with a 176+. Thinking back on the test, the logic games didn't freak me out, and the UNESCO passages made me happy because of the organization of the 2nd part, but I didn't like the grammar passage. Grammar pisses me off. Finished all logical reasoning with time enough to check my answers... so I feel like this test is comparable to my 173-175 practice tests...

Gotta get out of my head now. I wish you all the best of luck.

akealon

Postby akealon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Figured I'd finally register and post in traditional style. Been lurking for a while now.

--ImageRemoved--

/hot

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”