The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

hutchesonian

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby hutchesonian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:45 am

8675309 wrote:It's official, I'm freaking out.

This. :(

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:In other news I found all the golden eggs in angry birds, YAHHHHHHH! oh yeah and I still haven't finished my thesis... Friday come already.

omg that's impressive! i do not have the patience to 3-star all of those levels

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 am

hutchesonian wrote:

she&him

Postby she&him » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:22 am

misterbingley wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:In other news I found all the golden eggs in angry birds, YAHHHHHHH! oh yeah and I still haven't finished my thesis... Friday come already.

acadec

Postby acadec » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:34 am

benito wrote:
handlesthetruth wrote:
benito wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:
how dare you... lol

a two minute google search would have done the job just fine actually, in about 1/100th of the time it takes to share random speculation on an lsat forum

You're right, I just forgot about google. It's like a search thing, right?

Dude, it's not like I don't know that. This is the post-february test thread. I thought it an acceptable place in which to speculate and stir up conversation about, and hopefully calm the intense nerves resulting from, well, the february test. I do not believe I am burdening you or anyone else by doing so.

If my only goal was finding that answer, I would have used google.

calm down :D

fair enough I admit some unnecessary dickishness there; tense week......

I'm on your team here, dude. Lurk a bit before posting. And it's were finding, not was finding.

K that last part was a joke. Can't wait 'til Friday!

khlaw

Postby khlaw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

One day closer to the score...

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 am

I'm having LSAT dreams in which I don't even get the score--I just sit around obsessing about it like I normally do. Can't even get a break while I'm sleeping.

Postby 8675309 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
hutchesonian wrote:

That looks like some sort of cult...

VTOrange19

Postby VTOrange19 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 am

misterbingley wrote:

Last night, as I sat here pondering my LSAT score and thus my future, I was playing Angry Birds. I thought to myself, "I wonder if the AdComms at my choice schools would like to read a LOCI that informs them of my newly leet skillz at Angry Birds and Words With Friends." With my senior thesis finished and submitted months ago, law school apps complete, and a joke semester to finish out my degree, I have resorted to 1) waiting for this score, 2) drinking heavily, 3) playing phone games, and 4) repeating 1 and 2 in various orders/quantities.

Nice work on all of the golden eggs. I have not accomplished this, but I have finished my thesis. Call it a tie?

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 pm

VTOrange19 wrote:
misterbingley wrote:

Last night, as I sat here pondering my LSAT score and thus my future, I was playing Angry Birds. I thought to myself, "I wonder if the AdComms at my choice schools would like to read a LOCI that informs them of my newly leet skillz at Angry Birds and Words With Friends." With my senior thesis finished and submitted months ago, law school apps complete, and a joke semester to finish out my degree, I have resorted to 1) waiting for this score, 2) drinking heavily, 3) playing phone games, and 4) repeating 1 and 2 in various orders/quantities.

Nice work on all of the golden eggs. I have not accomplished this, but I have finished my thesis. Call it a tie?

How about this send me your phone and I'll have every golden egg for you within a week. I'll send you my thesis and you finish up the last 15 or so pages. (plus revisions of course, who I'm I kidding I'm not revising anything. I don't even get graded on this crap I just get a yea or nay so it basically just has to be a step above retarded. Can law school start already.)

Unicorn Poacher

Postby Unicorn Poacher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote: I don't even get graded on this crap I just get a yea or nay so it basically just has to be a step above retarded. Can law school start already.)

I definitely relate to this. For the past four months or so, I feel like everything that I am doing at school, is getting in the way. School was an extremely enlightening experience, until this whole law school admissions process started. Now everything is just a nuisance. I roll my eyes so hardcore at every trivial assignment my professors give, to the point that I think my eyeballs are going to break off and bounce around in the back of my head. Then I'm going to have to cut holes in the back of my neck, so I can see. That's going to suck initially, but it will make good material for one hell of a diversity statement, to send to the schools where I applied!

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Unicorn Poacher wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote: I don't even get graded on this crap I just get a yea or nay so it basically just has to be a step above retarded. Can law school start already.)

I definitely relate to this. For the past four months or so, I feel like everything that I am doing at school, is getting in the way. School was an extremely enlightening experience, until this whole law school admissions process started. Now everything is just a nuisance. I roll my eyes so hardcore at every trivial assignment my professors give, to the point that I think my eyeballs are going to break off and bounce around in the back of my head. Then I'm going to have to cut holes in the back of my neck, so I can see. That's going to suck initially, but it will make good material for one hell of a diversity statement, to send to the schools where I applied!

It's like you guys are inside my head or something

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Got into U of Miami after my application being placed in the hold category. I wonder if schools get the LSAT score before we do. I would definitely be happy if the reason I got in was a higher score.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:38 pm

I just wish we had the option of hiding our scores. It pisses me off I don't decide which scores I send.

phoonie

Postby phoonie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd join the collective thumb-twiddling. Reading and not posting was beginning to make me feel anxious. What's everybody doing to pass the time? Personally, I find watching TV and getting obscene amounts of sleep helpful. Oh, and alcohol.

stilles

Postby stilles » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 pm

having dinner/drinks with friends, tv, traveling.

khlaw

Postby khlaw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm at work and checking the LSAC site hourly - just in case.

benito

Postby benito » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:58 pm

risktaker wrote:Got into U of Miami after my application being placed in the hold category. I wonder if schools get the LSAT score before we do. I would definitely be happy if the reason I got in was a higher score.

Schools do not get your score before you do, any change in your application status has nothing to do with this last LSAT....but hey getting in without getting a better score yet is good too, maybe if on Friday you see get good news on top of it they will offer you a better financial package...

hutchesonian

Postby hutchesonian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:26 pm

8675309 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
hutchesonian wrote:

That looks like some sort of cult...

LOL

hutchesonian

Postby hutchesonian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:29 pm

phoonie wrote:Hey guys, thought I'd join the collective thumb-twiddling. Reading and not posting was beginning to make me feel anxious. What's everybody doing to pass the time? Personally, I find watching TV and getting obscene amounts of sleep helpful. Oh, and alcohol.

Homework, papers, internship search. Where's everybody getting all this free time from? I want some too...

cay10789

Postby cay10789 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Thought I'd join in on the discussion too. I've been patiently waiting and reading this thread. I'm pretty nervous for Friday (to Monday, whenever it'll be). I canceled my score from the December test and went ahead and submitted two apps last week, so everything is really riding on this score. Hoping for good news for you all too :)

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

What I'm wondering is... does anyone know if the Newark airport has free wifi?

Or even paid wifi? Or public computers?

Or can I somehow set up email alerts to my cell phone without having a smart phone/data plan? I don't think I could handle being on a 15 hour long flight unable to check my score, and the idea of landing in India and checking my score immediately after is very unappealing (especially since my parents will be there, but I can't process things with them around).

Do you think a nice stranger might let me check my email on their smart phone?

Postby 8675309 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm starting to feel like I'm just dicking around now. I have to finish my PS and I'm feeling like a bit of a slacker.
How long did it take you guys to do your PS?

acadec

Postby acadec » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:55 pm

applepiecrust wrote:What I'm wondering is... does anyone know if the Newark airport has free wifi?

Or even paid wifi? Or public computers?

Or can I somehow set up email alerts to my cell phone without having a smart phone/data plan? I don't think I could handle being on a 15 hour long flight unable to check my score, and the idea of landing in India and checking my score immediately after is very unappealing (especially since my parents will be there, but I can't process things with them around).

Do you think a nice stranger might let me check my email on their smart phone?

If none of those plans works, you could give your login information to a friend of yours and have them call you

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”