The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

kulshan

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby kulshan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

how did that thread get to 609 pages?!?!
i know waiting threads are inevitably bottom-heavy, but still...I don't see us breaking 300 pages

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 am

misterbingley wrote:how did that thread get to 609 pages?!?!
i know waiting threads are inevitably bottom-heavy, but still...I don't see us breaking 300 pages

Waitttt, you retook the LSAT after NYU and Columbia acceptances? Whoa. (I think that's what we were talking about in the LGBT thread, right?)

(For H hold?)

Good luck.

benito

Postby benito » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 am

misterbingley wrote:how did that thread get to 609 pages?!?!

the october one didn't get to 180 until the night before, I remember trying not to fall asleep until it hit 180.....

feralinfant

Postby feralinfant » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 am

kulshan wrote:What constitutes an appropriate sacrifice to the LSAT gods?

Orphans under the age of five. Also big toes, (doesn't matter whose)

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 am

kulshan wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Each of the last two waiting threads were pretty much the live newsfeed for me as we got closer to the release day. It felt like an eternity for my score to get in as reports came out (though it was only a couple of hours later). The second the icons turned gray everyone flooded TLS as demonstrated by the fourth post on this page and onward: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140867&start=13400

Wow, just reading that was nerve-wracking. For this test will we still have the grey icon phenomenon since we won't get anything but the score?

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

That's a very good question. I bet the indicator for us will be that the email date for scores will change the day they start coming out.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:
Wow, just reading that was nerve-wracking. For this test will we still have the grey icon phenomenon since we won't get anything but the score?

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

That's a very good question. I bet the indicator for us will be that the email date for scores will change the day they start coming out.

I hate that Feb is undisclosed. It messes everything up.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 am

misterbingley wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

I hate that Feb is undisclosed. It messes everything up.

Seriously. It's already hard enough that it's the LSAT to begin with. Now we can't know where we screwed up. At least I can just blame the circumstances and not my inability to be a functioning test taker.

Oh hey you searching mah posts now?
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 8675309 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Each of the last two waiting threads were pretty much the live newsfeed for me as we got closer to the release day. It felt like an eternity for my score to get in as reports came out (though it was only a couple of hours later). The second the icons turned gray everyone flooded TLS as demonstrated by the fourth post on this page and onward: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140867&start=13400

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

We get the item response report (score only), the additional info part and the writing sample. If you go to your LSAT status page on the LSAC site below the icons there is a link about non-disclosed tests that gives you a nice grid. My guess is icons still turn gray and score e-mail date changes. Also, the Northwestern dean of admissions correctly said they'd be released the day the December test was released via twitter. Maybe he'll say something this time?

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 am

8675309 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

We get the item response report (score only), the additional info part and the writing sample. If you go to your LSAT status page on the LSAC site below the icons there is a link about non-disclosed tests that gives you a nice grid. My guess is icons still turn gray and score e-mail date changes. Also, the Northwestern dean of admissions correctly said they'd be released the day the December test was released via twitter. Maybe he'll say something this time?

Wow I am dumb for having forgotten all of that. Derp derp. So yes, the icons will turn gray for us.

But they never did in October... :?

wolfpack37

Postby wolfpack37 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:46 am

8675309 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kulshan wrote:

BE MARCH 4TH NOW.

What does that mean? Do we get a score for each section? IE 15/23 LG, 15/26 LR, 16/25 LR, 12/27 RC?

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 am

wolfpack37 wrote:
8675309 wrote:We get the item response report (score only), the additional info part and the writing sample. If you go to your LSAT status page on the LSAC site below the icons there is a link about non-disclosed tests that gives you a nice grid. My guess is icons still turn gray and score e-mail date changes. Also, the Northwestern dean of admissions correctly said they'd be released the day the December test was released via twitter. Maybe he'll say something this time?

What does that mean? Do we get a score for each section? IE 15/23 LG, 15/26 LR, 16/25 LR, 12/27 RC?

The IRR I believe shows your response and the credited response. So we could definitely see that breakdown. We just won't know why we got something wrong.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 am

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 am

kulshan wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
wolfpack37 wrote:
8675309 wrote:We get the item response report (score only), the additional info part and the writing sample. If you go to your LSAT status page on the LSAC site below the icons there is a link about non-disclosed tests that gives you a nice grid. My guess is icons still turn gray and score e-mail date changes. Also, the Northwestern dean of admissions correctly said they'd be released the day the December test was released via twitter. Maybe he'll say something this time?

The IRR I believe shows your response and the credited response. So we could definitely see that breakdown. We just won't know why we got something wrong.

If that's the case, then we will know the curve as long as someone gets a 170, right?

I had a dream last night that scores came out. My friend, who took the test in October, got a 180. I borrowed a friend's computer but didn't get to see my score before I woke up.

I took the test last feb. Literally all you get is your scaled score and the percentile ranking. That's it. The item response report is blank for the questions and correct answers and you get nothing for the curve either. It sucks.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:11 pm

zreinhar wrote:
I took the test last feb. Literally all you get is your scaled score and the percentile ranking. That's it. The item response report is blank for the questions and correct answers and you get nothing for the curve either. It sucks.

for the percentile ranking, do we get the rounded percentile or do we still get the decimal?

she&him

Postby she&him » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm

kulshan wrote:I had a dream last night that scores came out. My friend, who took the test in October, got a 180. I borrowed a friend's computer but didn't get to see my score before I woke up.

So funny. I definitely had a dream about scores as well. It was a total nightmare. I refreshed once, saw I somehow got a 147... decided that law school dreams were over. Refreshed again.. it became a 174... Refreshed again... 147.

I think I'm becoming psychotic.

Dale Cooper

Postby Dale Cooper » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Most of my LSAT related dreams post-February LSAT have actually been fairly positive. That can't bode well...

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm

she&him

Postby she&him » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Well that is certainly no bueno. You know what would really make for a terrible (but definite long) waiting thread is if the LSAT scores really weren't released until past 3/4. Sad day. But don't blame me if this happens. I didn't jinx it!

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Just a quick question.

I've noticed everyone talking about scores being posted March 4th, but my LSAC account shows an e-mail date as March 7th. Is there a reason for this? Just want to know if I should be concerned at all. Thanks

she&him

Postby she&him » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:42 pm

The official release date is 3/7, but the last time the Feb LSAT had an official release date of 3/7, scores came out on the 4th. They tend to release scores the weekend before.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

she&him

Postby she&him » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Let's hope there is no East Coast snowstorm

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm

misterbingley wrote:
zreinhar wrote:

for the percentile ranking, do we get the rounded percentile or do we still get the decimal?

Sorry for the delayed response. I wanna say that you get the decimal. But I'm not sure. Here's a complete list of all the documents you do get:

Item Response Report

IRR Additional Information

Writing Sample

And as I said above, the Item Response Report has the your answers vs correct answers blanked out so you can't even guess at the curve. The IRR additional information has the LSAT score vs. the corollary percentile ranking with a decimal if that answers your question Bingley

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”