The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

northwood

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

the sun came up today is the only reason i need

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

kulshan wrote:For a brief time yesterday I was at peace with not having a score. But now I'm back to really, really wanting it and feeling like it will never be March 4th.

This is the first time I've taken the test. How do the score releases happen? Do they email you when your score is posted? What are the typical times for score releases (afternoon into evening?)?

They send you an email with your score in it. That three digit number just pops out at you, so brace yourself before you open that particular email.

But there will be a flurry of activity here as scores are posted, so you'll likely be able to find out your score before the email. LSAC will post your score in the LSAT portion of your account before they email you. IIRC, for the June administration, scores came out early afternoon until well into the night.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

northwood wrote:the sun came up today is the only reason i need

+1

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:52 pm

groberts wrote:
risktaker wrote:Hoping that by some miracle, scores will be up before March 1. It would help me a ton because there are a couple schools that have March 1 deadlines and are out of my league with my current score but could be within reach with a good Feb score.

What I don't understand is why LSAC deliberately schedules the test so it misses the deadline. If the test were moved up a week, we'd get scores in time for the March 1 deadline.

This isn't an issue for me as I'm applying for 2012, but just sayin'.

I talked to a lady from LSAC and someone from Illinois (which has a Mar 1) deadline. They don't really care if you appl and not that you have a score coming in. Unless you meant that you would consider applying to some other school based on getting an unexpectedly high score. In which case never mind

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:05 pm

This waiting thread is so subdued, perhaps because many of the students have midterms? I miss the June waiting thread, when (neurotic TLSers) + (lots of free time in the summer) = wild waiting.

Postby 8675309 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:20 pm

misterbingley wrote:
kulshan wrote:For a brief time yesterday I was at peace with not having a score. But now I'm back to really, really wanting it and feeling like it will never be March 4th.

This is the first time I've taken the test. How do the score releases happen? Do they email you when your score is posted? What are the typical times for score releases (afternoon into evening?)?

They send you an email with your score in it. That three digit number just pops out at you, so brace yourself before you open that particular email.

But there will be a flurry of activity here as scores are posted, so you'll likely be able to find out your score before the email. LSAC will post your score in the LSAT portion of your account before they email you. IIRC, for the June administration, scores came out early afternoon until well into the night.

God, I remember that. When everyone's icons turned gray, I frantically refreshed for about 2 hours. Then about an hour or 2 later I hit refresh randomly without realizing I did it. I was sorry for doing that, that's for sure.

Postby 8675309 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:23 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
groberts wrote:
risktaker wrote:Hoping that by some miracle, scores will be up before March 1. It would help me a ton because there are a couple schools that have March 1 deadlines and are out of my league with my current score but could be within reach with a good Feb score.

What I don't understand is why LSAC deliberately schedules the test so it misses the deadline. If the test were moved up a week, we'd get scores in time for the March 1 deadline.

This isn't an issue for me as I'm applying for 2012, but just sayin'.

I talked to a lady from LSAC and someone from Illinois (which has a Mar 1) deadline. They don't really care if you appl and not that you have a score coming in. Unless you meant that you would consider applying to some other school based on getting an unexpectedly high score. In which case never mind

I think it was Notre Dame that sent me an email that said even though their deadline is before the score release date, they still accept it. They put your app on hold or something and then when they get the score they review it.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 pm

My score was posted before I got the email (email came like 15 or 20 minutes later). They usually start in the afternoon and keep going into the evening/night.

Postby 8675309 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Okay, I'm having a freakout. One of my LOR hasn't been submitted yet and the professor hasn't emailed me back. I have a teacher from HS that I still speak with and actually babysit her kids. Is that bad if she writes one? She said she would do it tonight even.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

8675309 wrote:Okay, I'm having a freakout. One of my LOR hasn't been submitted yet and the professor hasn't emailed me back. I have a teacher from HS that I still speak with and actually babysit her kids. Is that bad if she writes one? She said she would do it tonight even.

A teacher from high school? No. Find a different (college) professor to write you one if anything.

acadec

Postby acadec » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Last edited by acadec on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvanC

Postby EvanC » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

You guys know that as long as you put in that you're taking the Feb LSAT on your app, they'll review it when the scores comes through a couple days later right?

Postby 8675309 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Pleasye wrote:
8675309 wrote:Okay, I'm having a freakout. One of my LOR hasn't been submitted yet and the professor hasn't emailed me back. I have a teacher from HS that I still speak with and actually babysit her kids. Is that bad if she writes one? She said she would do it tonight even.

A teacher from high school? No. Find a different (college) professor to write you one if anything.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Just thought I'd get a second opinion.

wolfpack37

Postby wolfpack37 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

acadec wrote:
misterbingley wrote:
acadec wrote:Tomorrow is the halfway point between 2/12 and 3/4, as well as the five-year anniversary of the last time Clarence Thomas spoke in oral argument.

I've heard worse excuses to drink.

LOL. Is President's Day not enough of a reason to drink?

To be honest I didn't even know it was today, because my school for some reason thinks it's necessary to take Cesar Chavez day off but not President's Day

I lol'd (semi-obnoxiously in the library I might add)

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm

it depends on your email settings. my october score's subject was your official __(month)___lsat score. please do nor reply to this

so i had to open it to see my results.

not a big deal, but just a heads up.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 pm

kulshan wrote:
misterbingley wrote:They send you an email with your score in it. That three digit number just pops out at you, so brace yourself before you open that particular email.

That's terrifying, thanks.

Each of the last two waiting threads were pretty much the live newsfeed for me as we got closer to the release day. It felt like an eternity for my score to get in as reports came out (though it was only a couple of hours later). The second the icons turned gray everyone flooded TLS as demonstrated by the fourth post on this page and onward: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140867&start=13400

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm just waiting patiently for my score -- I don't feel any particular anxiety about it and I'm wondering if that makes me a freak.

I'll be on a plane for the first half of March 4th and with my girlfriend after I get off the plane (she has been instructed to confiscate my phone/computer so that I will not ignore her while obsessively checking my email).

I think I'm curious to know what I got, but so resolved to taking in June that these test results aren't make-it-or-break-it for me.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm just waiting patiently for my score -- I don't feel any particular anxiety about it and I'm wondering if that makes me a freak.

I'll be on a plane for the first half of March 4th and with my girlfriend after I get off the plane (she has been instructed to confiscate my phone/computer so that I will not ignore her while obsessively checking my email).

I think I'm curious to know what I got, but so resolved to taking in June that these test results aren't make-it-or-break-it for me.

I'm on a plane/at an airport for pretty much all of March 4. So long as I can desist from checking my email at Newark airport (because that might result in me crying on a 15 hour long non-stop flight to India. Very uncomfortable for person sitting next to me, I'm sure).

Though I would also not want to check my score before March 14th, because I am afraid it could ruin my spring break (not that the score is actually going to matter for me!)

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
Though I would also not want to check my score before March 14th, because I am afraid it could ruin my spring break (not that the score is actually going to matter for me!)

I'm concerned about that, too. Do I check it on the 4th and possibly land myself in a funk for the duration of my trip (which not only encompasses visiting my girlfriend but also doing job interviews in the area) or do I hide all access to the internetz for ten days while I try to focus on having a good time and landing a job?

Decisions, decisions.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:03 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:

I'm concerned about that, too. Do I check it on the 4th and possibly land myself in a funk for the duration of my trip (which not only encompasses visiting my girlfriend but also doing job interviews in the area) or do I hide all access to the internetz for ten days while I try to focus on having a good time and landing a job?

Decisions, decisions.

Hide from your email and LSAC if you can manage it. I don't have the will power to do that.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Even though I feel like I at least got a 160 or higher, I keep having flashes of me opening an email containing a score in the 150s. I have got a couple 157's and I will feel miserable if I end up with a 157 again. On the plus side, I have never felt better about an LG section. Really hoping that a good LG score can help me. If I get a few of my guesses right, I should be in good position to get a 165+. Please LSAT Gods, help me!

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:08 pm

misterbingley wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:

Decisions, decisions.

Hide from your email and LSAC if you can manage it. I don't have the will power to do that.

I'm considering not taking my laptop to India, but then I will fall behind on schoolwork. /still just use my parents' computer to check my email/LSAC. Whatever, I need to just remind myself that my score does. not. really. matter.

I was doing just fine until I landed back on this thread :p

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

risktaker wrote:Even though I feel like I at least got a 160 or higher, I keep having flashes of me opening an email containing a score in the 150s. I have got a couple 157's and I will feel miserable if I end up with a 157 again. On the plus side, I have never felt better about an LG section. Really hoping that a good LG score can help me. If I get a few of my guesses right, I should be in good position to get a 165+. Please LSAT Gods, help me!

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:00 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
risktaker wrote:Even though I feel like I at least got a 160 or higher, I keep having flashes of me opening an email containing a score in the 150s. I have got a couple 157's and I will feel miserable if I end up with a 157 again. On the plus side, I have never felt better about an LG section. Really hoping that a good LG score can help me. If I get a few of my guesses right, I should be in good position to get a 165+. Please LSAT Gods, help me!

Yes! Where can I find this place? LOL

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”