The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

cmob

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby cmob » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:05 pm

It would be ironic if they were trying to promote diversity by that, considering LSAC doesn't consider Asians to be URM...

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 pm

benito wrote:anyone else hate the asian chick on the LSAC homepage? She's just got this look in her eyes man.....

robotclubmember wrote:--ImageRemoved--

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:--ImageRemoved--

rage or no rage?

This will not get old, and she will continue to be a part of your life for sometime.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

cmob wrote:It would be ironic if they were trying to promote diversity by that, considering LSAC doesn't consider Asians to be URM...

LSAC doesn't make the rules considering URM's.

The girl on LSAC's homepage didn't know her pic would be used for that and is a TLSer. Please leave her alone.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Pleasye, what's up with ur avatars? They are always scantily clad girls. Not to mention the last avatar with a pic of just some girl (maybe ur) boobs? No intention to hurt; just wondering. lol

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

My avatars are always Adriana Lima because I <3 her.

ETA: Paul34 I saw that! Glad you recognize her!

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:13 pm

ahh...ic. No clue who she is. I guess that's what having a hot gf will do to you.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:14 pm

risktaker wrote:ahh...ic. No clue who she is. I guess that's what having a hot gf will do to you.

Lol.

Adriana Lima is a Victoria's Secret Angel.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Since I am fk'ing obsessed with this test, I looked around the internet to see people's thoughts on it. Seems like numerous people found the plow game and movies game hard. Also, the comparative reading tripped up a lot of people. I am pretty sure that this curve is going to be forgiving. I am feeling a -13 or -14. It seems like when LSAC tries out new things, like the UNESCO passage, they are a bit lenient with the curve. I hope to baby jesus that the curve is -14. It will help us all tremendously! I am so glad that I did the RC out of order because I would have been crunched for time on UNESCO passage and would have f'd it up. I felt it was straightforward probably because I attempted it 3rd and had more time left.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Also, if you look at the December 2009 curve discussion thread, everyone thought it was going to be a -10 or -11 curve, but it ended up being a -14 curve. I am starting to think that this test will definitely be a -13 or -14 curve. Maybe I am just going crazy.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98310

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

December 2010: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140780

Forgot that I voted correctly. That curve didn't help me at all though.

hutchesonian

Postby hutchesonian » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

risktaker wrote:Since I am fk'ing obsessed with this test, I looked around the internet to see people's thoughts on it. Seems like numerous people found the plow game and movies game hard. Also, the comparative reading tripped up a lot of people. I am pretty sure that this curve is going to be forgiving. I am feeling a -13 or -14. It seems like when LSAC tries out new things, like the UNESCO passage, they are a bit lenient with the curve. I hope to baby jesus that the curve is -14. It will help us all tremendously! I am so glad that I did the RC out of order because I would have been crunched for time on UNESCO passage and would have f'd it up. I felt it was straightforward probably because I attempted it 3rd and had more time left.

I don't even remember which game was which, but I thought the second and third games took a lot of time. Didn't finish the second... really hoping it's not because I misread a rule. >< I was hoping RC was experimental until I got to the second (experimental?) LR and had to circle every question on the last two pages.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

iluvkj

Postby iluvkj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Long time lurker.

Had RC LR RC LG LR
I went in feeling confident, came out feeling alright, but the UNESCO question really bugged me.

Just hoping for the best :)

benito

Postby benito » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

risktaker wrote:Since I am fk'ing obsessed with this test, I looked around the internet to see people's thoughts on it. Seems like numerous people found the plow game and movies game hard. Also, the comparative reading tripped up a lot of people. I am pretty sure that this curve is going to be forgiving. I am feeling a -13 or -14. It seems like when LSAC tries out new things, like the UNESCO passage, they are a bit lenient with the curve. I hope to baby jesus that the curve is -14. It will help us all tremendously! I am so glad that I did the RC out of order because I would have been crunched for time on UNESCO passage and would have f'd it up. I felt it was straightforward probably because I attempted it 3rd and had more time left.

I sure hope having a hot girlfriend helps one's ability to guess an LSAT curve cause if its something crazy like -14 I gotta think I'll be in good shape. Unfortunately I really think -12 is the best we can hope for, and as several other people have said I'm sure, not much use debating it too much cause we'll never know....

Postby 8675309 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 am

The chaos that is my state (Wisconsin) right now is definitely keeping my mind off things. It's starting to seem like this wait is not that long. This is the first time I've thought about it today!

feralinfant

Postby feralinfant » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 am

8675309 wrote: This is the first time I've thought about it today!

There's no need to gloat.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 am

The situation in Wisconsin is blowing my mind. A bill aimed at killing collective bargaining rights is not the way to solve the state's budget woes, and for the governor to say that he has the National Guard on call to maintain order is a sure sign that this bill was drafted simply to screw unions over. I kind of want to see Bucky Badger tackle Governor Walker right now.

Postby 8675309 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:The situation in Wisconsin is blowing my mind. A bill aimed at killing collective bargaining rights is not the way to solve the state's budget woes, and for the governor to say that he has the National Guard on call to maintain order is a sure sign that this bill was drafted simply to screw unions over. I kind of want to see Bucky Badger tackle Governor Walker right now.

Yeah, the possibility for Bucky to pummel him is probably there. I guess one of the representatives that fled the state called Walker a dumb ass after Walker criticized them for not doing their job. Paul Ryan is starting to get people a tad pissed off too after saying Madison is like Cairo right now. I'm really hoping riots don't break out if this thing passes.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 am

Pleasye wrote:
cmob wrote:It would be ironic if they were trying to promote diversity by that, considering LSAC doesn't consider Asians to be URM...

LSAC doesn't make the rules considering URM's.

The girl on LSAC's homepage didn't know her pic would be used for that and is a TLSer. Please leave her alone.

Is this true? I was going to make a silly comment, but won't now that I know she's not a model.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 am

8675309 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:The situation in Wisconsin is blowing my mind. A bill aimed at killing collective bargaining rights is not the way to solve the state's budget woes, and for the governor to say that he has the National Guard on call to maintain order is a sure sign that this bill was drafted simply to screw unions over. I kind of want to see Bucky Badger tackle Governor Walker right now.

Yeah, the possibility for Bucky to pummel him is probably there. I guess one of the representatives that fled the state called Walker a dumb ass after Walker criticized them for not doing their job. Paul Ryan is starting to get people a tad pissed off too after saying Madison is like Cairo right now. I'm really hoping riots don't break out if this thing passes.

You know there's a real problem when news sources start saying that Obama is closely monitoring the situation and that he's giving stern warnings to those in power.

Postby 8675309 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
8675309 wrote:

You know there's a real problem when news sources start saying that Obama is closely monitoring the situation and that he's giving stern warnings to those in power.

Holy shit, didn't know that happened. Oh the beauties of having a governor that did not graduate from Marquette with a GPA in the 2.0 range. Not to mention the Lieutenant Governor who isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 am

I have decided to stop coming on TLS until score is released. Good way to keep myself sane. See u guys in a couple weeks.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 am

risktaker wrote:I have decided to stop coming on TLS until score is released. Good way to keep myself sane. See u guys in a couple weeks.

I predict that you will be back in a week. :)

kcdc

Postby kcdc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Last edited by kcdc on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feralinfant

Postby feralinfant » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:22 pm

kcdc wrote:So the scores are supposed to come out on March 4, the same day the federal government will likely shut down. Good thing we're living in the internet age, because we'd be waiting for that letter a loong time.

I love that the federal govt shutting down is only a secondary concern to getting back scores...Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way...but I think something is wrong with us.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”