The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Image

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby suspicious android » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Man, can't believe it's already over, this thing just went by in a flash. Figured nothing would happen today so I didn't even check anything until I got home this evening and saw people were claiming scores were out. Five minutes later I get the e-mail. I barely had time to stress out, I feel robbed.

User avatar
spaghetticat
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby spaghetticat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 pm

.
Last edited by spaghetticat on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldmerovingian
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby oldmerovingian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Plato651 wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't learn about TLS and the Pithpike method for preparing for the LSAT until a few days AFTER taking the February 2011 LSAT for the first time. Sure, I purchased the book of the Next 10 LSAT tests from LSAC and tracked my results through an Excel spreadsheet from November to a few days before the test. I knew my median score was 153, mode was 153, range 150-157. Anyways, I received my score an hour ago, (156). I know, this isn't considered a good score by TLS standard, as I've seen some amazing scores in this thread. With that said, I would like to congratulate all of my fellow test takers on the hard work they put in preparing for the February 2011 examination. In fact, yesterday, I received my Powerscore Bibles, two Powerscore Deconstructed books, and PTs 52-62. I know that if I put in the hard work over the next three months I can increase my score substantially on the June 2011 administration. Either way, I'm proud of the score I earned on my first attempt, but I know I have to break 160 to receive money from the top 100 law schools. As a URM, I feel like the potential schools will really open up if my preparation allows me to break 165, I've overcome some serious hardships, but hard work always pays off, literally. Score or no score, I'm going to be a great lawyer one day, because I'm going to work to master the jurisprudence. Finally, I thank all of the TLS posters for motivating the rest of us to work even harder to get to the top of the class, see you all on the other side of the bar one day, congrats.


I got the same, 156. Needless to say, I am heart broken. This, in my mind, was the worst case scenario. I was thinking I would get a 160 and a 163 if I got lucky on some of the guessing. I graduate this spring, so I am not sure I want to wait another year and repeat this process.

In any case, good luck on your next round!

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby vissidarte27 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:52 pm

163.

Very disappointed (read: devastated) and definitely retaking in June.

I expected it -- I random bubbled 8 answers because I ran out of time on both RC and LG and made sort-of-educated guesses on at least 3 more -- but I'm still disappointed. I was hoping for a miracle.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Plato651 wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't learn about TLS and the Pithpike method for preparing for the LSAT until a few days AFTER taking the February 2011 LSAT for the first time. Sure, I purchased the book of the Next 10 LSAT tests from LSAC and tracked my results through an Excel spreadsheet from November to a few days before the test. I knew my median score was 153, mode was 153, range 150-157. Anyways, I received my score an hour ago, (156). I know, this isn't considered a good score by TLS standard, as I've seen some amazing scores in this thread. With that said, I would like to congratulate all of my fellow test takers on the hard work they put in preparing for the February 2011 examination. In fact, yesterday, I received my Powerscore Bibles, two Powerscore Deconstructed books, and PTs 52-62. I know that if I put in the hard work over the next three months I can increase my score substantially on the June 2011 administration. Either way, I'm proud of the score I earned on my first attempt, but I know I have to break 160 to receive money from the top 100 law schools. As a URM, I feel like the potential schools will really open up if my preparation allows me to break 165, I've overcome some serious hardships, but hard work always pays off, literally. Score or no score, I'm going to be a great lawyer one day, because I'm going to work to master the jurisprudence. Finally, I thank all of the TLS posters for motivating the rest of us to work even harder to get to the top of the class, see you all on the other side of the bar one day, congrats.

Hey, I went from a 154 in June to a 161 in October, and I could have gotten higher, but I panicked during the games section and cost myself a decent amount of points. Work through the Powerscore Bibles and you'll do great.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby Pleasye » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:55 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:163.

Very disappointed (read: devastated) and definitely retaking in June.

I expected it -- I random bubbled 8 answers because I ran out of time on both RC and LG and made sort-of-educated guesses on at least 3 more -- but I'm still disappointed. I was hoping for a miracle.

Sorry Vissi :(

I was hoping for that miracle for you too.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 am

157. First time. I am pretty upset, but I'm pretty sure it's not at all indicative of my abilities. I was scoring 166/172/179/180 on practices, so I am for sure retaking and I guess making sure that I don't have three exams and a paper the same week. Taking it in June will help...I hope. With a course. I really hope this isn't the end of the line :(

User avatar
Plato651
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby Plato651 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 am

oldmerovingian wrote:quote]

I got the same, 156. Needless to say, I am heart broken. This, in my mind, was the worst case scenario. I was thinking I would get a 160 and a 163 if I got lucky on some of the guessing. I graduate this spring, so I am not sure I want to wait another year and repeat this process.

In any case, good luck on your next round!


I'll just say this, over the last three weeks, I've been reading a great biography about Alexander Hamilton. Mr. Hamilton was the true architect of the U.S. Constitution, and he was a self-taught lawyer, as were Abe Lincooln, John Marshall and many more lawyers throughout American History. Likewise, from my understanding, Loyola Marymount wasn't a top 100 law school while Johnnie Cochran attended that institution, I could be wrong. It definitely sucks to score less than a 160, but it could be worst, you still scored better than 67% of test takers. At the same time, only you know what is best for you, but if you want to become a great attorney one day, you shouldn't let an ABA obstacle like the LSAT deter you from pursuing your dream. Sure, you may have to skip this application cycle, but retaking in June or October may be a part of your destiny, it'll sure be less stressful than the first attempt. I'll bet if you study even harder you are going to EARN that 163 or possibly more....Good luck :mrgreen:

oldmerovingian
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby oldmerovingian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

Plato651 wrote:
oldmerovingian wrote:quote]

I got the same, 156. Needless to say, I am heart broken. This, in my mind, was the worst case scenario. I was thinking I would get a 160 and a 163 if I got lucky on some of the guessing. I graduate this spring, so I am not sure I want to wait another year and repeat this process.

In any case, good luck on your next round!


I'll just say this, over the last three weeks, I've been reading a great biography about Alexander Hamilton. Mr. Hamilton was the true architect of the U.S. Constitution, and he was a self-taught lawyer, as were Abe Lincooln, John Marshall and many more lawyers throughout American History. Likewise, from my understanding, Loyola Marymount wasn't a top 100 law school while Johnnie Cochran attended that institution, I could be wrong. It definitely sucks to score less than a 160, but it could be worst, you still scored better than 67% of test takers. At the same time, only you know what is best for you, but if you want to become a great attorney one day, you shouldn't let an ABA obstacle like the LSAT deter you from pursuing your dream. Sure, you may have to skip this application cycle, but retaking in June or October may be a part of your destiny, it'll sure be less stressful than the first attempt. I'll bet if you study even harder you are going to EARN that 163 or possibly more....Good luck :mrgreen:


I like your optimism! I did not know that about Hamilton or Lincoln, but that is good to know! I think I will be a fine lawyer, and I am going to make it a point to not only be in the top of the class of whatever school I go to, but I am going to put that school on the map. The name of the school you go to is certain to help with work, but it will not make you a good attorney, only you can do that.

brito11
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby brito11 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 am

157. Can I say bleh? First time though so not all hope is lost...time to seriously think about what to do next.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby ExpectLess » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:19 am

.
Last edited by ExpectLess on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 am

fltanglab wrote:157. First time. I am pretty upset, but I'm pretty sure it's not at all indicative of my abilities. I was scoring 166/172/179/180 on practices, so I am for sure retaking and I guess making sure that I don't have three exams and a paper the same week. Taking it in June will help...I hope. With a course. I really hope this isn't the end of the line :(


You're actually saying you got a 180 on a practice test and got 23 points lower on the test....

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:42 am

rocon7383 wrote:
fltanglab wrote:157. First time. I am pretty upset, but I'm pretty sure it's not at all indicative of my abilities. I was scoring 166/172/179/180 on practices, so I am for sure retaking and I guess making sure that I don't have three exams and a paper the same week. Taking it in June will help...I hope. With a course. I really hope this isn't the end of the line :(


You're actually saying you got a 180 on a practice test and got 23 points lower on the test....


Yes. Believe me I am not sure how it happened either. But in retrospect I had three exams and a paper due that week and then completely freaked out a couple days before. I should have waited until June after I finished the semester to prevent such an unfortunate schedule from happening. The sleep deprivation for a whole week didn't help anything.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:46 am

Pleasye wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:163.

Very disappointed (read: devastated) and definitely retaking in June.

I expected it -- I random bubbled 8 answers because I ran out of time on both RC and LG and made sort-of-educated guesses on at least 3 more -- but I'm still disappointed. I was hoping for a miracle.

Sorry Vissi :(

I was hoping for that miracle for you too.


Thanks, Pleasye. I choked (and my circumstances certainly warranted it).

Hoping for a higher score in June. What can ya do, right?

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby Pleasye » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 am

vissidarte27 wrote:Thanks, Pleasye. I choked (and my circumstances certainly warranted it).

Hoping for a higher score in June. What can ya do, right?

I think you have PLENTY that you can write about in an addendum and I'm positive that you will do better in June! <3

lavidaloca44
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby lavidaloca44 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:51 am

thats not possible. no one gets a legitimate 180 on any single practice test and then gets in the 150s in the actual administration. The different in answers right we are talking about is like 70/101 instead of 98/101.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby suspicious android » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 am

rocon7383 wrote:You're actually saying you got a 180 on a practice test and got 23 points lower on the test....


Yeah, something about that doesn't add up, there has to have been some problem with the preptests not being real test conditions in some way. Even the 166 doesn't belong there, someone who can get a legit 178+ multiple times really just can't score below 165 unless there was a seizure or something.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 am

suspicious android wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:You're actually saying you got a 180 on a practice test and got 23 points lower on the test....


Yeah, something about that doesn't add up, there has to have been some problem with the preptests not being real test conditions in some way. Even the 166 doesn't belong there, someone who can get a legit 178+ multiple times really just can't score below 165 unless there was a seizure or something.


The 166 was taken cold. I didn't really prepare very much for the test and those were the only four tests I took. I honestly don't care how unusual it is because I agree it's unusual, but it doesn't change the fact that I have a 157 to deal with now. I personally think it was sleep deprivation because I've never gotten as little sleep as I did before that Saturday in my entire college career.

drums!
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby drums! » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 am

what percentile is the 157? Is it always the same percentile?

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 am

drums! wrote:what percentile is the 157? Is it always the same percentile?


71. *shrug*

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby benito » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 am

I am absolutely dying to know what I got wrong, this undisclosed thing is god awfully frustrating... I can't imagine what went wrong there were only 7 or 8 questions I even had a doubt about.....

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 am

I bet the curve was -8. Test seemed way too easy.

dadonno
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby dadonno » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 am

Guys I have a question: Can we make any guesses from the scores about how many questions we got correct. I got a 159. I usually used to get around 80 questions correct in the preptests. Does it mean i did way lower or could it be because more people scored better? Because I remember someone mentioning february LSAT being more competitive.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Postby fltanglab » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 am

dadonno wrote:Guys I have a question: Can we make any guesses from the scores about how many questions we got correct. I got a 159. I usually used to get around 80 questions correct in the preptests. Does it mean i did way lower or could it be because more people scored better? Because I remember someone mentioning february LSAT being more competitive.


One of my friends advised me against taking the February test for that reason (he's a 1L now). I didn't listen. Originally it was because I was doing Feb LSAT and June MCAT, so I guess I should have reconsidered once I dropped the MCAT. Whatever, retake.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, bcapace, Exabot [Bot], Instrumental, MSNbot Media, Pozzo, Tazewell, tuesdayninja and 7 guests