The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
spaghetticat

New

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Post by spaghetticat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

still down for me *drums fingers*

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm still not freaking out about my score. I don't feel much more than a mild curiosity. I think something might be wrong with me.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I sent in the last of my apps in yesterday. Epic IBTL.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm still not freaking out about my score. I don't feel much more than a mild curiosity. I think something might be wrong with me.
This is exactly how I feel!!!! I am somewhat curious of course, but not at all anxious.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 pm

If there was a score release before Friday it would breaking about ten years of LSAC habit....Friday is the absolutely earliest I'd expect it and even then not early in the day, point is I'd stop reading stuff into the LSAC site being down or schools application deadlines, early release is not happening...more likely to be saturday than any day before friday

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kswalters

New

Post by kswalters » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm still not freaking out about my score. I don't feel much more than a mild curiosity. I think something might be wrong with me.
I feel the same way. I think, after such disappointing December scores, I'm just afraid to get my hopes up. I keep thinking that at best I probably raised my score by 3 points. If, by chance, it's higher then that, well that's great. If not, then it's no big deal, because that's what I'm expecting. I really don't care that much at this point. And just to add my two cents, I would not anticipate scores being released anytime before Friday. I'm guessing Friday evening they will start rolling out around 4-5.

cmob

New

Post by cmob » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

I believe it's better that it comes this weekend anyway, instead of earlier. When I got a disappointing score from October, I was lucky enough to have the weekend to drink and cope immediately. If I would have gotten that on Monday, that week would have been hell. If it was a great score, then I would have been too jittery to concentrate on anything that week until I went out to celebrate (get hammered).

Either way, I need the score to come on a weekend. Test release dates are the last thing that needs to be added to what we're already freaking out about.

she&him

New

Post by she&him » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 am

cmob wrote:I believe it's better that it comes this weekend anyway, instead of earlier. When I got a disappointing score from October, I was lucky enough to have the weekend to drink and cope immediately. If I would have gotten that on Monday, that week would have been hell. If it was a great score, then I would have been too jittery to concentrate on anything that week until I went out to celebrate (get hammered).

Either way, I need the score to come on a weekend. Test release dates are the last thing that needs to be added to what we're already freaking out about.
Here's to a 7 day weekend! Haha.

No, I've already told myself the scores won't be there until Friday. I don't have time to re-mentally prepare myself otherwise. Thank goodness for the Academy Awards mass distraction.

New

Post by 8675309 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 am

I'm following the Northwestern Dean of Admissions guy (or something of that sorts) on Twitter. He tweeted about December (and I believe October) scores coming out accurately. So I'm hoping he does the same for this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 am

I don't know if I want the scores to come out sooner than Friday or not... it's really hard to focus on 2 exams and a quiz when you got a disappointing LSAT score on the back on your mind.

tennissanta

New

Post by tennissanta » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:48 am

No more lurking. I'm pretty excited/anxious for Friday. I only have a 3.34 GPA, so I need to come up big to have a shot at ND and Illinois. What's the protocol for posting scores on TLS when they come out? Screenshots?

taliepuff

New

Post by taliepuff » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:04 am

urgh finally Monday... 4 more days! :)

WhoAmI

New

Post by WhoAmI » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am

Had a dream last night that the Men in Black (yep, the ones you're thinking of) stopped my wife in the street and handed her a set of logic games, the correct answers to which would somehow provide my Feb LSAT score. She tried to solve them herself, but when I told her to please give me the logic games, as I had studied for them for weeks, she told me to screw off because she's sick of me second guessing her.

I did not get my score.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cmob

New

Post by cmob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 am

WhoAmI wrote:Had a dream last night that the Men in Black (yep, the ones you're thinking of) stopped my wife in the street and handed her a set of logic games, the correct answers to which would somehow provide my Feb LSAT score. She tried to solve them herself, but when I told her to please give me the logic games, as I had studied for them for weeks, she told me to screw off because she's sick of me second guessing her.

I did not get my score.
Dreams are getting especially bad for me. I had a dream that my LSAT score said 177, 174, and 172, all in a row. I didn't know which one to use, but I knew that I was ecstatic until I woke up pissed. I can't predict what I got, now I can't even predict what I want to get.

spek

Bronze

Post by spek » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 am

I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to convince myself that my score will be lower than my target so that worse case scenario I'm not too devastated (though definitely disappointed because that will mean having to do this all over again). It still isn't working...so now I'm at a point where I'm dying of curiosity but also terrified of seeing the real thing. I want to have my roommate look at the score for me cause I don't know I can handle the initial look myself.

khlaw

New

Post by khlaw » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:33 am

Until tonight, I didn't know this thread existed. I had been following a different law school discussion board, and nobody seemed to be posting about the results for the February test!

To play catch up, I majored in Psychology/Criminal Justice. My favorites teams are the Yankees, the Lakers, and the Vikings. I also love She&Him. AND I WANT MY SCORE ALREADY!

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 am

cmob wrote:
WhoAmI wrote:Had a dream last night that the Men in Black (yep, the ones you're thinking of) stopped my wife in the street and handed her a set of logic games, the correct answers to which would somehow provide my Feb LSAT score. She tried to solve them herself, but when I told her to please give me the logic games, as I had studied for them for weeks, she told me to screw off because she's sick of me second guessing her.

I did not get my score.
Dreams are getting especially bad for me. I had a dream that my LSAT score said 177, 174, and 172, all in a row. I didn't know which one to use, but I knew that I was ecstatic until I woke up pissed. I can't predict what I got, now I can't even predict what I want to get.
My dreams have been awesome -- mostly about sex and not at all LSAT related.

Even though I'm not anxious about my score, I do get the random urge to take practice tests to see how rusty I am after two weeks with no LSAT. And once every other day or so, I'll get this "Holy crap, I'll know my LSAT in X number of days" but it's more like "Wow, that's really soon" than it is "OMG MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS."

But then, I just lost my job and am in the middle of a job search and cross-country move, so I guess I have other things on my mind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I sent in the last of my apps in yesterday. Epic IBTL.
hail mary Yale app?

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:27 am

vissidarte27 wrote:
cmob wrote:

I did not get my score.
My dreams have been awesome -- mostly about sex and not at all LSAT related.

Even though I'm not anxious about my score, I do get the random urge to take practice tests to see how rusty I am after two weeks with no LSAT. And once every other day or so, I'll get this "Holy crap, I'll know my LSAT in X number of days" but it's more like "Wow, that's really soon" than it is "OMG MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS."

But then, I just lost my job and am in the middle of a job search and cross-country move, so I guess I have other things on my mind.
I agree I have never had an LSAT dream. I want my score but It's not killing me. The first time I took it that was killing me. `I did wonder for a little bit, What if I completely bombed this thing, I mean like 145 or something crazy I wondered would UVA, Berkeley, or Northwestern rescind their offers of admission. (clearly they wouldn't but I thought about it for a second).

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I sent in the last of my apps in yesterday. Epic IBTL.
hail mary Yale app?
Ha! Didn't apply. I am not so smart.

On hold with LSAC right now. They don't even have muzak to keep me entertained...

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm

tennissanta wrote:No more lurking. I'm pretty excited/anxious for Friday. I only have a 3.34 GPA, so I need to come up big to have a shot at ND and Illinois. What's the protocol for posting scores on TLS when they come out? Screenshots?
Yes when people start posting that they've gotten their scores a screenshot is required. A lot of the time it turns into "screenshot or ban" to prevent trolling.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cmob

New

Post by cmob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Pleasye wrote:
tennissanta wrote:No more lurking. I'm pretty excited/anxious for Friday. I only have a 3.34 GPA, so I need to come up big to have a shot at ND and Illinois. What's the protocol for posting scores on TLS when they come out? Screenshots?
Yes when people start posting that they've gotten their scores a screenshot is required. A lot of the time it turns into "screenshot or ban" to prevent trolling.
Good point... During my nightly LSAT freakout I preemptively created a Feb LSAT reaction thread, then realized it was seriously way too early to make it. Whatever, I'll bump it when the scores roll in and hope it serves some use.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Nulli was kind enough to share with us an example of a fake screenshot:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Image

paul34

Bronze

Post by paul34 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

handlesthetruth

Bronze

Post by handlesthetruth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 pm

JUSSSST now starting to get anxious.

my money is on Friday afternoon...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”