The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
applepiecrust

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 pm

acadec wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:What I'm wondering is... does anyone know if the Newark airport has free wifi?

Or even paid wifi? Or public computers?

Or can I somehow set up email alerts to my cell phone without having a smart phone/data plan? I don't think I could handle being on a 15 hour long flight unable to check my score, and the idea of landing in India and checking my score immediately after is very unappealing (especially since my parents will be there, but I can't process things with them around).

Do you think a nice stranger might let me check my email on their smart phone?
If none of those plans works, you could give your login information to a friend of yours and have them call you
Not sure I could handle the embarrassment of having a friend tell me my score if it's bad, haha.

CaliforniaGurl

Bronze

Post by CaliforniaGurl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 pm

at jury duty this week. sorta sucks waiting for my score at the same time, knowing i'll probably never get to law school now.

pessimistic grouch is definitely on overdrive now :(

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:16 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
acadec wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:What I'm wondering is... does anyone know if the Newark airport has free wifi?

Or can I somehow set up email alerts to my cell phone without having a smart phone/data plan? I don't think I could handle being on a 15 hour long flight unable to check my score, and the idea of landing in India and checking my score immediately after is very unappealing (especially since my parents will be there, but I can't process things with them around).

If none of those plans works, you could give your login information to a friend of yours and have them call you
Not sure I could handle the embarrassment of having a friend tell me my score if it's bad, haha.
Ask a friend who has no idea what a good LSAT score is. One of my friends, thought I was shooting too low when I told him I thought I was getting 170. He thought the LSAT was similar in scoring to the GMAT. Unless they are applying to law school or in the legal field many people have no idea what a good or average LSAT score is.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm pretty sure that over the last few months my concept of what a good LSAT score is has been twisted, thanks to the few people I know in everyday life who have taken it and especially TLS.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I'm pretty sure that over the last few months my concept of what a good LSAT score is has been twisted, thanks to the few people I know in everyday life who have taken it and especially TLS.
Good but not great score to most people: 162-165
Good but not great score to TLSers: 168-172

I told my prelaw advisor that I got a 166 in October. He was impressed, I was thoroughly disappointed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I'm pretty sure that over the last few months my concept of what a good LSAT score is has been twisted, thanks to the few people I know in everyday life who have taken it and especially TLS.
Good but not great score to most people: 162-165
Good but not great score to TLSers: 168-172

I told my prelaw advisor that I got a 166 in October. He was impressed, I was thoroughly disappointed
The LSAT continues to be the one test that gets away from me. My highest PT was a 166, and my October and December scores were both [retake]. Since the seventh grade or so I've usually scored in the 90-99th percentile on knowledge-based tests and have had mediocre performances on skills-based tests. My cold diagnostic score was a 141. I'll be happy as long as I get 165+ on this test.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 pm

In the real world, a 167 is enough to make you a Mensa scholar.

In the TLS world, a 167 = TTT.

New

Post by 8675309 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 pm

I don't know what's worse. This waiting thing or Scott Walker...

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Have any of you been getting calls from a 406 area code number to participate in a survey for "higher education"? I asked the caller who was funding this survey and he refused to answer, so I declined to participate. Still, I have received calls from that number almost once every other day.
Last edited by risktaker on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gggrra

New

Post by gggrra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 pm

phoonie wrote:Hey guys, thought I'd join the collective thumb-twiddling. Reading and not posting was beginning to make me feel anxious. What's everybody doing to pass the time? Personally, I find watching TV and getting obscene amounts of sleep helpful. Oh, and alcohol.
Usually I just lurk in the forums once every few weeks, but this thread has gotten me all anxious so I finally created an account.

First thing I did after I finished the test was call my parents. Second thing was to run to the store and pick up Starcraft 2. Sucks that I'm starting half a year after the release, but it was a nice little post-test reward. Other than that, grad school and skiing on the weekends has kept my mind off of the test on most days...still, friday (or monday) needs to get here already.

kswalters

New

Post by kswalters » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 pm

One of my favorite ways to pass the time waiting for scores is to read the random Tweets about LSAT.

So who wants to tell this poor person that his/her plan is not going to work?

UrSweetestTweet Baddest Milf
Signing up to take the June LSAT to go to law school next fall #futurelawyer
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 pm

The important thing to remember while reading tweets about the LSAT is that it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

kswalters

New

Post by kswalters » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:The important thing to remember while reading tweets about the LSAT is that it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
Hahahahaha! I'm literally laughing out loud!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alexdough

New

Post by alexdough » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
acadec wrote:

Ask a friend who has no idea what a good LSAT score is. One of my friends, thought I was shooting too low when I told him I thought I was getting 170. He thought the LSAT was similar in scoring to the GMAT. Unless they are applying to law school or in the legal field many people have no idea what a good or average LSAT score is.
I was just in Newark airport yesterday... they have paid wifi through boingo that costs $8ish for 24 hours. paying for wifi >>> stuck on a 15 hour flight without knowing your score!

Pitcher

New

Post by Pitcher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Has anyone decided their music selection for Friday, as they continually hit refresh on the LSAC website?

gggrra

New

Post by gggrra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Pitcher wrote:Has anyone decided their music selection for Friday, as they continually hit refresh on the LSAC website?
Final Countdown??

I'll probably try to preoccupy myself with work...

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

paul34

Bronze

Post by paul34 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 am

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilles

New

Post by stilles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:33 am

I'm not sure if I should play happy/upbeat songs or everything will be alright/f*** I have to retake melodies.

spaghetticat

New

Post by spaghetticat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:16 am

T MINUS 72 HOURS(ish) YALL!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 am

Can this thread hit 100 pages by Friday?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

phoonie

New

Post by phoonie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:42 am

spaghetticat wrote:T MINUS 72 HOURS(ish) YALL!
'Bout damn time. The past few weeks felt like a year.

Nguyen87

New

Post by Nguyen87 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 am

Hello everyone, been following the thread for a bit and figured that partaking in these discussions might help ease anxiety while I wait for my score. A bit about me: Recently graduated from Drexel University in philly did a double concentration in International Business and Legal studies with a minor in Spanish. Moved back to NY now and hoping to get into Brooklyn Law to study constitutional Law. Has anyone applied there and heard back or knows someone who has? Any feedback will be much appreciated. If you don't mind, it would be great if you could tell me the gpa and LSAT range you or the person you know are in. I see everyone has shared their prediction of the LSAT release date so I'm gonna say that even though historically they have been released on the friday just before 3 weeks, I've had two dreams in which I received my score and remembered also noticing that it was a Thursday. Just saying

Nguyen87

New

Post by Nguyen87 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 am

Pitcher wrote:Has anyone decided their music selection for Friday, as they continually hit refresh on the LSAC website?
Eye of the tiger

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 am

Nguyen87 wrote:
Eye of the tiger
Is this an occasion for Don't Stop Believing?
It's either that or Girl Talk

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”