The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
applepiecrust

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2011 Waiting Thread

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 pm

feralinfant wrote:On an unrelated note...My aunt, my cousin (female) and our neighbor are all talking about the pros and cons of boob jobs. The general consensus seems to be thumbs down. But I'll pose the question here: yay or nay?

Some highlights:
I just think they should lie down when you do.
It's just not attractive if they're hanging down under your arm.
My sister was always getting them caught on sideview mirrors.
This is sooooo random. I sometimes forget boobs can be that big/do things like that (clearly not in the well-endowed group here :p)

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 pm

risktaker wrote:
risktaker wrote:Any of you sports fans in here? If so, which teams do you guys like? I like the SF Giants in baseball, SF 49ers in football, and the Sac Kings in basketball. Unfortunately, I stopped watching the Kings a couple years ago because I just couldn't stand how awful they had become. Now, they are planning on moving to Anaheim. If that happens, I don't think I will be a Kings fan anymore.
Giants fan here. Also partial to the Reds. Keeping an eye on the Phillies this year because of their starting line up.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:06 pm

So I'm reading this book and the founding motto of a tennis academy is: They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier. Seems like a great jumping off point for a law journal article.

Update: Boob job convo has moved to child star horror stories. The kitchen is a very funny place right now.

anamarie6658

New

Post by anamarie6658 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 pm

feralinfant wrote:On an unrelated note...My aunt, my cousin (female) and our neighbor are all talking about the pros and cons of boob jobs. The general consensus seems to be thumbs down. But I'll pose the question here: yay or nay?

Some highlights:
I just think they should lie down when you do.
It's just not attractive if they're hanging down under your arm.
My sister was always getting them caught on sideview mirrors.
I've had mine for 2 and a half years and absolutely love them. Personally didn't experience much pain and would never take that decision back- my answer is YAY!

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Yeah my personal opinion is that they're fine as long as you're not getting too carried away. Other than that I'm not sure I feel too strongly one way or the other, in terms of what I might be looking for/attracted to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

So... I haven't shaved since Feb 12 (playoff beard luck hopefully). Has anyone else done similar random shit?

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm

I also currently have a beard and I was thinking about axeing it tomorrow. I may have to rethink this.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:18 pm

risktaker wrote:Any of you sports fans in here? If so, which teams do you guys like? I like the SF Giants in baseball, SF 49ers in football, and the Sac Kings in basketball. Unfortunately, I stopped watching the Kings a couple years ago because I just couldn't stand how awful they had become. Now, they are planning on moving to Anaheim. If that happens, I don't think I will be a Kings fan anymore.
Why not the Warriors? And you're missing out on another bay area team.. SHARKS!!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 pm

New York Mets baseball, San Fran 49ers football, Buffalo Sabres Hockey, Los Angelas Clippers basketball

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 am

Almost all my friends are Warriors fans. I had a friend in middle school who introduced me to the Kings, been a Kings fan since. No Sharks because I am not into ice hockey. I am really praying the 49ers have a good season next year. Our division is awful and we better win it next year. I am a bit disappointed that Alex Smith will be back. He better shape up!

In regards to the shaving comment, I did not shave for like a month going into LSAT day. I shaved right after the LSAT. If I had saved it till now, my gf might have broken up with me, haha.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 am

risktaker wrote:Almost all my friends are Warriors fans. I had a friend in middle school who introduced me to the Kings, been a Kings fan since. No Sharks because I am not into ice hockey. I am really praying the 49ers have a good season next year. Our division is awful and we better win it next year. I am a bit disappointed that Alex Smith will be back.
Dude Alex Smith ruins my life, I hate that guy! Harbaugh better bring it, I'm tired of lameass coaches ruining my Sundays.

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 am

risktaker wrote:
In regards to the shaving comment, I did not shave for like a month going into LSAT day. I shaved right after the LSAT. If I had saved it till now, my gf might have broken up with me, haha.
I've had a beard like this...I sort of want to post a photo but i don't want to totally out myself (even though between posts re my scores and my geography a determined adcomm could probably figure it out) It was pretty outrageous though and I'd probably be single if I insisted on keeping it.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:09 am

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

she&him

New

Post by she&him » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 am

feralinfant wrote:
she&him wrote:Gonna be road trippin' it up next Friday... if I get a 175 or above, I'll throw a party in the nearest city... I hope it's somewhere nice, otherwise some honky tonk bar will see the night of their lives.
I might be on the road as well...Going to be anywhere near CO or NE?

I'll probably just be going across TX. Trying to visit all my friends at the different colleges before having to start my job in March - graduated early (in December)... and hoping to apply next cycle, or the one following!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am

You philosophy types are really going to enjoy taking Jurisprudence or whatever it's called at your school. You'll have to dredge through 1L courses first, but now that I'm selecting all my classes, I'm enjoying law school a lot more. Pick up A Concept of Law by H.L.A. Hart if you're interested in some summer reading. Cheers.
Last edited by JazzOne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

she&him

New

Post by she&him » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

I'm going to take this huge wild guess that you're based in CA, haha. I'm a fan of the Cowboys (I know they sucked this year), and the Spurs... That should make it quite obvious where I'm from. Also a fan of the Vikings... but maybe just for the Farve drama.

College football - Longhorns and the Ducks.

And actually, I rather like soccer - big fan of Barcelona & Real Madrid.

she&him

New

Post by she&him » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 am

feralinfant wrote:
risktaker wrote:
I've had a beard like this...I sort of want to post a photo but i don't want to totally out myself (even though between posts re my scores and my geography a determined adcomm could probably figure it out) It was pretty outrageous though and I'd probably be single if I insisted on keeping it.
I had never been a fan of boyfriends and their facial hair. Why is it that men always love facial hair even though they know it drives girls crazy? haha, every guy I've ever been with has said something like "oh, but it looks good on some guys!"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

Giants baseball, Broncos football (sigh), UCLA everything.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 am

Lakers and Niners. Don't give a shit about baseball.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 am

she&him wrote: I had never been a fan of boyfriends and their facial hair. Why is it that men always love facial hair even though they know it drives girls crazy? haha, every guy I've ever been with has said something like "oh, but it looks good on some guys!"
I love facial hair on guys! 2 of my last 3 boyfriends have had some nice facial hair. Nothing too much but I love some maintained scruff and whatnot.
Ps. I LOVE she&him!

zreinhar

Bronze

Post by zreinhar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 am

Electrical Engineering and Math

Grad school dropout looking for other grad school :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 am

Last edited by kulshan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 am

northwood wrote:New York Mets baseball, San Fran 49ers football, Buffalo Sabres Hockey, Los Angelas Clippers basketball
I'm sorry

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:43 am

I'm not much better Cubs, Dolphins, Bulls, and I guess Blackhawks because I'm from Chicago. The crazy thing is when Jordan was here I was a huge Spurs fan, until they got Duncan (I just don't like him). So I missed the best years of the Bulls and the Spurs, I guess I'm a bad weather fan :( .

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:54 am

kulshan wrote: I got into philosophy as a HS student/undergrad via continental and while I have left it behind I still see the appeal in my charitable moments. Kant is the worst in every way. Just think of a way, he's the worst in it.

PS Is the book with the tennis motto Infinite Jest? I don't remember it specifically, but it would fit.
It is indeed. I told my Aunt I would reread it if she would check it out. So far I like it just as much if not more the second time. And Kant is the worst in every way although he really gets me thinking about time, and how his ideas of time relate to a world post-einstein, but then I just sort of start drooling and experience some weird sort of metaphysical paralysis and then I start doubting things might exist and then I'm like shit...I'm on page 12, and this is the worst in every way. If you can't tell I've been using my time off to finally give Critique of Pure Reason a very thorough sentence by sentence read. I can tolerate about 15-20 pages a day before I feel like pulling out my own teeth.

Does that mean you're a Wallace fan? It would make sense given that you like both continental and analytical philosophy...Have you checked out his senior thesis they just published? Fate time and language or something?

One more Wallace note...Apparently Columbia just had an exhibit of a bunch of James Incandenza's films that people actually produced based on the filmography endnote...I'm so sad I didn't know/didn't make it...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”