DO I have a legitimate case to complain to LSAC

Grapes87

DO I have a legitimate case to complain to LSAC

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:07 pm

The guy behind me was talking to himself the first couple of sections?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? How accommodating is LSAC in letting you retake??? Is the June the only date I can retake next????????? Ughhhh they don't have a "make-up" test do they for people, like myself, who had a horrible situation...

HowdyYall

Re: DO I have a legitimate case to complain to LSAC

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 pm

No, unless the proctor noticed and documented it. Think about it, anyone who wanted to cancel could complain that there was someone talking behind them and get a free refund

HBK

Postby HBK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:15 pm

HowdyYall wrote:No, unless the proctor noticed and documented it. Think about it, anyone who wanted to cancel could complain that there was someone talking behind them and get a free refund

Yeah, it sounds like the perfect way to hedge your score. If it's good, "Well despite the distractions I pulled it out." If bad, "WTF, that asshole was talking the whole time, I don't want this on my record!"

I'm interested to see what they say, but wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything for you. If this happens again, it'd probably be in your best interest to tell the proctor after the first section or tell the guy to shut up.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Grapes87 wrote:The guy behind me was talking to himself the first couple of sections?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? How accommodating is LSAC in letting you retake??? Is the June the only date I can retake next????????? Ughhhh they don't have a "make-up" test do they for people, like myself, who had a horrible situation...

lsac will let you retake, just sign up for the june test

you don't even have to mention anything about the guy behind you!

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah...but I already canceled in December...was expecting to kill it today :-(

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:40 pm

How should I go about this? Please help :-( I'm so depressed.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:44 pm

well, you can either a.) cancel your score or b.) not cancel your score

just out of curiosity why did you cancel in december? also do you have an official score at all yet?

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Freaked out in december too....but I should have been freaked out...I wasn't 100% ready. I was 100% ready today...no I don't have an official score yet :-( There goes law school next year...

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Grapes87 wrote:Freaked out in december too....but I should have been freaked out...I wasn't 100% ready. I was 100% ready today...no I don't have an official score yet :-( There goes law school next year...

i'm going to be brutally honest here: it sounds like you're just afraid to get a score and you're looking for any reason to cancel, or have an excuse in case your score is bad. someone was muttering behind you for a couple of sections, big deal. suck it up and stick up for your score, whatever it ends up being.

tralinds

Postby tralinds » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:48 pm

I call FLAME. No way someone seriously taking the LSAT would fail to report a disruption like this to the proctor.

If you are serious, then WOW, you are waaaay too passive-aggressive to be a lawyer.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:50 pm

tralinds wrote:I call FLAME. No way someone seriously taking the LSAT would fail to report a disruption like this to the proctor.

If you are serious, then WOW, you are waaaay too passive-aggressive to be a lawyer.

Seriously, I'm pretty non-confrontational, but I wouldn't hesitate at all to say shut the fuck up to someone muttering during the LSAT.

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I am definitely not passive-aggressive, just almost 95% sure LSAC won't do anything. I tried to suck it up, I really did.....stuck my fingers in my ears and everything...totally threw me off....I was able to to tune it out the last two sections...but the first 3 killed me.....either way, what are they going to do for me...let me retake in June? great FML. The best case scenario is still a worst case scenario for me..

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I really don't know what to do....it was a very quiet dialogue he had going with himself.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Grapes87 wrote:Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I am definitely not passive-aggressive, just almost 95% sure LSAC won't do anything. I tried to suck it up, I really did.....stuck my fingers in my ears and everything...totally threw me off....I was able to to tune it out the last two sections...but the first 3 killed me.....either way, what are they going to do for me...let me retake in June? great FML. The best case scenario is still a worst case scenario for me..

To answer your question, when there is a serious issue with the test-taking conditions, LSAC will give you a free retake. I doubt your situation will count unless multiple people make note of it. However, no matter what, they will not allow you to retake before June, nor will they allow you any special considerations, e.g., seeing your score before cancelling, not having the test show up on your records, etc. I speak here from personal experience.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

i no longer believe that this post is real

too old for this sh*

Postby too old for this sh* » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Grapes87 wrote:I really don't know what to do....it was a very quiet dialogue he had going with himself.

but what dialogue did you have with a proctor at the break? You know, to preserve the error.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Grapes87 wrote:I really don't know what to do....it was a very quiet dialogue he had going with himself.

Was it Rainman sitting behind you? Was the guy having conversations with the speaker of each LR argument or something?

Seriously though, how and why could the mental case guy have been allowed to do that for the entire test? That makes no sense, unless there wasn't actually a guy behind you talking the whole time but you did actually hear a voice talking, which would present a much bigger problem than re-taking the test.
Last edited by Jeffort on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:05 pm

She said I couldn't move my seat :-( We had assigned seats, and the classroom was full....I then just walked out for break...came back in...did a lot better....because I put all my effort into tuning him out...and he was doing it much less....in fact, he only moved around....

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Maybe I was just being overly sensitive.....no one else noticed/cared :-( That's why I feel like shit....

socraticmethodman

Postby socraticmethodman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 pm

So you told the proctor, and the proctor did nothing? Come on man........

Grapes87

Postby Grapes87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:11 pm

FML.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Grapes87 wrote:FML.

Go ahead and cancel...or don't. You don't sound like the type that'll be particularly successful in law school, so no need to rush into it.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

suspicious android wrote:
Grapes87 wrote:Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I am definitely not passive-aggressive, just almost 95% sure LSAC won't do anything. I tried to suck it up, I really did.....stuck my fingers in my ears and everything...totally threw me off....I was able to to tune it out the last two sections...but the first 3 killed me.....either way, what are they going to do for me...let me retake in June? great FML. The best case scenario is still a worst case scenario for me..

To answer your question, when there is a serious issue with the test-taking conditions, LSAC will give you a free retake. I doubt your situation will count unless multiple people make note of it. However, no matter what, they will not allow you to retake before June, nor will they allow you any special considerations, e.g., seeing your score before cancelling, not having the test show up on your records, etc. I speak here from personal experience.

+1

bigben5289

Postby bigben5289 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 pm

WHERE DID YOU TAKE IT THE LSAT?

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Grapes87 wrote:She said I couldn't move my seat :-( We had assigned seats, and the classroom was full....I then just walked out for break...came back in...did a lot better....because I put all my effort into tuning him out...and he was doing it much less....in fact, he only moved around....

dude you should have made a big fucking deal about it, a friend of mine got to move his seat because he didn't want to be by the window by doing this. The worst she could have done is say no. Who gives a shit if an LSAT proctor thinks you're a douche, you're never gonna see her again

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”