Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

User avatar
BrianGriffintheDog
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Lol at "baby-shitting emergency" again. That made my day.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby PDaddy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:21 pm

GATORTIM wrote:you could have worked this situation to your benefit, but since you didn't then seek refund or something. I don't understand what in the hell you are seeking from us.


I know, right. That kid probably would have let you get away with murder (time-wise) if you had just threatened to tell on him for all the sh*t he was doing wrong. lol. Just kidding...I WAS ONLY KIDDING! I am not down with that...

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby GATORTIM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 pm

PDaddy wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:you could have worked this situation to your benefit, but since you didn't then seek refund or something. I don't understand what in the hell you are seeking from us.


I know, right. That kid probably would have let you get away with murder (time-wise) if you had just threatened to tell on him for all the sh*t he was doing wrong. lol. Just kidding...I WAS ONLY KIDDING! I am not down with that...


I would've totally flipped it on him and made him think he was in some serious shit for violating the LSAC.

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23647
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby chup » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 am

GATORTIM wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:you could have worked this situation to your benefit, but since you didn't then seek refund or something. I don't understand what in the hell you are seeking from us.


I know, right. That kid probably would have let you get away with murder (time-wise) if you had just threatened to tell on him for all the sh*t he was doing wrong. lol. Just kidding...I WAS ONLY KIDDING! I am not down with that...


I would've totally flipped it on him and made him think he was in some serious shit for violating the LSAC.

And you could have totally gotten temp-banned for bullshit on-topic trolling as a result.

Congratulations.

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby justbubbles » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks for all the support, encouragement and opinions. Much appreciated. :)

So, today, I UPS'd in a simple 2-page letter (3 pages including LSAC's own copy of LSAC's own letter to me indicating that a special "qualified & experienced" proctor would be overseeing my LSAT administration).

I've included:

* A brief description of the incident;
* A categorical point-form outline of the "shenanigans" pulled by this bozo "proctor";
* A stern demand asking LSAC to conduct an immediate investigation followed by a meaningful resolution that is fair and reasonable to all parties involved.

I didn't call or speak to anyone, yet. Maybe I will call tomorrow to advise someone of the immediacy and urgency of my correspondence.

We'll see. :?

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby blurbz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Keep us updated on how they deal with your stern demands. Sucks, but better be ready to take it in June. (Though it'll be free, so that's a plus.)

If I were a betting sort, I'd bet that the fact that you're taking the LSAT in February will have more of a negative impact on this cycle than will the proctor you had, bad as he was....

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby justbubbles » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:57 pm

blurbz wrote:Keep us updated on how they deal with your stern demands.


You bet! Thanks for the kind words, blurbz.

Ok, so today I finally spoke to a physical person @ LSAC's head-quarters. Here's how this matter will be looked into (this might be a good FYI for anyone in a similar predicament as me):

* Person I spoke to was a "Senior Policy Control Manager" with LSAC (whatever that means!);
* She confirmed with me that LSAC is "looking into this matter with great interest";
* She promised me that "LSAC would investigate this fully and thoroughly";
* Time duration: Anywhere from 4-weeks (minimum) to 8 weeks (maximum) :shock: :shock: ;
* My test status until then: "ON HOLD" meaning my scores will not be tabulated, ie. no score will be entered until the investigation has been completed :| :| ;
* Possible resolution(s): a free retake; a full refund; a specially accommodated test at a later date before June; etc.;
* Disclosure to schools: LSAC will notify the schools that "due to unforeseen circumstances" (LOL *chuckle*) the scores will be delayed; they will also ask the schools to apply discretion, but no guarantees :cry: :cry: ;
* None of this will be "marked" on the LSADAS file/report.

Oh well, at least it's going somewhere. Let's see. :?

User avatar
LSATWIZ
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby LSATWIZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Threatening the proctor would have been a bad way to go. Authority vs. non-authority normally doesn't end well for the non-authority. Just look at all the cases of police officers shooting unarmed suspects. You can certainly see the situation both ways, but normally the person arguing with the cop in these situations is dead, and the cop gets a vacation.

I am sure you could have reasoned with him, and told him how important the test was, but you still would have lost that section.

What can LSAC do? It seems like they tried to accommodate you, and did their share and the mom flamed out. Is she collecting $ for her son working? Was LSAC aware her son was proctoring? I can't see how the hell this woman should have a proctoring career after this. Professionally, how is this any different then you signing in someone else to take the LSAT for you? In both situations, the person is sending someone else to do their job for them.

User avatar
LSATWIZ
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Proctor chatting on the phone, watching YouTube, eating, etc

Postby LSATWIZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 pm

justbubbles wrote:
blurbz wrote:Keep us updated on how they deal with your stern demands.


You bet! Thanks for the kind words, blurbz.

Ok, so today I finally spoke to a physical person @ LSAC's head-quarters. Here's how this matter will be looked into (this might be a good FYI for anyone in a similar predicament as me):

* Person I spoke to was a "Senior Policy Control Manager" with LSAC (whatever that means!);
* She confirmed with me that LSAC is "looking into this matter with great interest";
* She promised me that "LSAC would investigate this fully and thoroughly";
* Time duration: Anywhere from 4-weeks (minimum) to 8 weeks (maximum) :shock: :shock: ;
* My test status until then: "ON HOLD" meaning my scores will not be tabulated, ie. no score will be entered until the investigation has been completed :| :| ;
* Possible resolution(s): a free retake; a full refund; a specially accommodated test at a later date before June; etc.;
* Disclosure to schools: LSAC will notify the schools that "due to unforeseen circumstances" (LOL *chuckle*) the scores will be delayed; they will also ask the schools to apply discretion, but no guarantees :cry: :cry: ;
* None of this will be "marked" on the LSADAS file/report.

Oh well, at least it's going somewhere. Let's see. :?

This all seems fair, and you seem to have handled it great. Congrats on getting what seems to be a great resolution.

As for time, you can't argue with them. The integrity of the test is everything. This is their bread and butter financially.

At the end of the day, even if you're living off of food stamps, who the hell cares about the $130? In the grand scheme of law school tuition, this is nothing. I think the circumstances note, and retake before June where you can be certain they will do their part to personally make sure your test is smooth are far more valuable than a couple hundred bucks. At the end of the day, it can all be a positive because how many well administered tests are there - what's the percentage of competent proctors who are also not over-zealous and don't watch people take the test, particularly those who look like they know what they're doing? 25%? I think the opportunity to get a perfectly administered test will make this all worth it for you!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, CHyde, Instrumental, Ques, Tomthecat and 11 guests