To Cancel or Not to Cancel?

kelly512

To Cancel or Not to Cancel?

Postby kelly512 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Soooooo, input would be appreciated on this one.

I just took the lsat this morning and everything went swimmingly well bar the logic games where I blanked a bit and guessed on probably about six or eight questions. As far as the rest of the sections go, I'm fairly confident I got 0-2 wrong, leaning more toward the 0 side of things. In practice I am decent at the lg section and I am concerned about how this is going to affect my score. I was looking at applying to Columbia, UVA, Boalt, and possibly somewhere in the HYS group if things went well enough on test day.

Between my LSAT and GPA my LSAT will be the stronger of the two. (GPA is 3.5). However I do have a upward movement in my grades and the past two years I have held a 3.7-4.0. I am also an underrepresented minority (any Native Americans out there?!!)

My softs are strong, I lived in Central America for twelve months working as a program coordinator in a rural school and lived in India for a semester working with a human rights/civil liberties organization and was under the direct supervision of a Nobel Peace Prize nominee. I was public relations vice president and philanthropy chair of my sorority. I speak Spanish as well as some Hindi and Arabic. I've received research grants from my university to travel to Latin America. I've interned for several NGOs in my community and participated in a mentorship program as a big sister. I run marathons and chair of my university's activity board. I also work with at-risk youth every summer, and have consistent work experience throughout my entire undergraduate career.

Any thoughts on this?

DeeCee

Re: To Cancel or Not to Cancel?

Postby DeeCee » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Don't cancel. With everything you have going for you (esp NA status and great softs) I think you should just see what score you get.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:00 pm

I covet your life. Do not cancel.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:15 pm

You're a troll right?

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:25 pm

never met any NA who speak Hundi. Double indians FTW?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

lets assume you got all 8 guesses wrong ( if you just picked one letter, and bubbled it in, you can guarentee at least one answer right), and you got 2 wrong on the rest of the test ( your worst case scenario)...

your score is above 170. Chances are you did better than this. With your background and gpa, you are golden pretty much everywhere, and a serious consider at HYS. Go get the rest of your application ready, ( get letters from professors/ bosses) and enjoy college. When you are done for the semester, write your personal statement- and be ready to submit all applications in september. enjoy the acceptances and scholarship offers next cycle.

kelly512

Postby kelly512 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”