Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

kmichlew

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby kmichlew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kmichlew wrote:Can't believe I'm already psyching myself out and thinking about this, but I did a decent amount of erasing on the Scantron. I transferred a a few questions over incorrectly (again! idiot!). Since February is undisclosed, is paying to have the LSAC hand-score my test the only way I can be sure that the Scantron machine didn't read it wrong?

I erased like a madman and the machine analyzed my answer sheet like it was nothing. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thanks. I guess if I do REALLY terribly, I'll just blame it on the machine and not ask the LSAC to hand-score. :roll:

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 pm

kmichlew wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kmichlew wrote:Can't believe I'm already psyching myself out and thinking about this, but I did a decent amount of erasing on the Scantron. I transferred a a few questions over incorrectly (again! idiot!). Since February is undisclosed, is paying to have the LSAC hand-score my test the only way I can be sure that the Scantron machine didn't read it wrong?

I erased like a madman and the machine analyzed my answer sheet like it was nothing. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thanks. I guess if I do REALLY terribly, I'll just blame it on the machine and not ask the LSAC to hand-score. :roll:

I should have specified that this happened in both October and December. I tried to see if the machine had screwed up and was disappointed to discover that it hadn't made a single mistake. Curses!

kmichlew

Postby kmichlew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:10 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
kmichlew wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:

I should have specified that this happened in both October and December. I tried to see if the machine had screwed up and was disappointed to discover that it hadn't made a single mistake. Curses!

Well, there goes my hopes of blaming inconsistencies on anyone/thing but myself. Drat.

henbrag

Postby henbrag » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:54 am

I'm sorry but I really need clarification on this. I had RC LR RC LG LR

The first RC had African-American opera something (I thought was exp), the third had rent control but a lot of people are saying they didn't have rent control?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:11 pm

African-American Opera? Definitely experimental.

Most of us don't remember "rent-control" but that it was something about economics? Something like that. The one with UNESCO was the real thing.

angua

Postby angua » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

kmichlew wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:

FWIW, I got to see my scantron from December and I was worried that my not-quite-erased bubbles were gonna cost me. Although it was fairly obvious that there had previously been pencil marking on those bubbles, the machine totally ignored it and took the answer I intended. So apparently the grading machine is sophisticated enough that if you made a good-faith effort to erase that mofo, it will be nice to you and give you credit for the other thing you bubbled.

Pitcher

Postby Pitcher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

The first RC had African-American opera something (I thought was exp), the third had rent control but a lot of people are saying they didn't have rent control?[/quote]

LG, LR, RC, LG, LR
No African American Opera in my RC, but it did have UNESCO, Quinine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”